Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:50 PM

707 posts, read 1,293,642 times

Advertisements

I love the way these guys blatantly distort facts and feel no shame. They are saying "bankruptcy talk" is hurting their sales now. Okay, so how do you explain Toyota's 33% drop in sales?

It's the economy not the talk. Most people long ago discounted the big/little 3 as losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 04:39 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
What he isn't saying:

He owns a lot of stock in the company. If Ford goes kaput, this guy loses, big-time.

We gotta look at all the angles...they do!
Also, no aid from the government= No Ford= No hope that Mulally will ever hold another multi-million dollar CEO position with any car company. He'll take a dollar salary for a couple years, if push comes to shove. Because if he doesn't survive with Ford, he's finished in the business.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,642 times
The other blatant lie they tell is the "no credit" available BS. Any "qualified" buyer can get a conforming loan today on a car. They won't loan money to people who are at risk to not pay it back. This is the way it always should have been. They are advocating going back to the poor risk management behavior that got us into this mess to begin with.

Mulally flourished in a virtual monopoly business at Boeing. He is clueless in the world of competition.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,303,374 times
All you people crack me up... Mulally under oath testified to congress and sent a proposal to them this week that states F DOES NOT need any Gov funding and will be just fine. I highly doubt he would commit perjury only to be prosecuted down the road for it for lying under oath in front of Congress ! That is exactly why he agreed to work for $1 a year IF F ever had to borrow any money from the Gov ! He knows they aren't going to need it unlike GM and DAI who actually DO !

I don't know where any of these absurd statements are coming from about F going bankrupt and needs Gov funding to survive. Someone please supply a credible source that states FORD is going bankrupt and they NEED Gov funding to survive ???? Lets not list any of the existing articles that talk about the industry in general going BK generated by GM and DAI position and just so happen to include F because it is a US auto maker along side them. Lets see something on point how F alone is in dire need of Gov funding to survive and why !

Old 12-03-2008, 04:34 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
All you people crack me up... Mulally under oath testified to congress and sent a proposal to them this week that states F DOES NOT need any Gov funding and will be just fine. I highly doubt he would commit perjury only to be prosecuted down the road for it for lying under oath in front of Congress ! That is exactly why he agreed to work for $1 a year IF F ever had to borrow any money from the Gov ! He knows they aren't going to need it unlike GM and DAI who actually DO !

I don't know where any of these absurd statements are coming from about F going bankrupt and needs Gov funding to survive. Someone please supply a credible source that states FORD is going bankrupt and they NEED Gov funding to survive ???? Lets not list any of the existing articles that talk about the industry in general going BK generated by GM and DAI position and just so happen to include F because it is a US auto maker along side them. Lets see something on point how F alone is in dire need of Gov funding to survive and why !
Ask, and ye shall receive.......

Ford CEO Worries Detroit Rivals Won't Survive - WSJ.com

Ford is seeking a $9 billion line of credit from the government, though it adds it may not need to tap it. According to the 36-page plan it submitted to Congress Tuesday, the company said it will only need to access the line of credit if the economy worsens or one or more of its competitors fail and disrupt a joint supplier network.

And I really hate to point this out...but if Ford didn't need the money...then Ford wouldn't be asking for the money. That's like, obvious....isn't it? Because the opposite must hold true. If Ford didn't need the money but is asking for the money, then Ford must be ran by people who have no idea when they need money. Which would mean they''re all a bunch of morons.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Ask, and ye shall receive.......

Ford CEO Worries Detroit Rivals Won't Survive - WSJ.com

Ford is seeking a $9 billion line of credit from the government, though it adds it may not need to tap it. According to the 36-page plan it submitted to Congress Tuesday, the company said it will only need to access the line of credit if the economy worsens or one or more of its competitors fail and disrupt a joint supplier network.

And I really hate to point this out...but if Ford didn't need the money...then Ford wouldn't be asking for the money. That's like, obvious....isn't it? Because the opposite must hold true. If Ford didn't need the money but is asking for the money, then Ford must be ran by people who have no idea when they need money. Which would mean they''re all a bunch of morons.
As usual you fail to answer questions properly or just don't know how. Where in there does it state that F needs funds immediately as GM and DAI do to survive ?????

Everyone would like to have a line of credit when you can for emergency purposes as that is just sound business practice which from previous encounters with you, you seem to know nothing about.

Mulally stated in his testimony that he was there for INDUSTRY SUPPORT and his newly submitted business plan for Ford states that as well (mentioned in his interview the other day). So it is your conclusion that Mulally is perjuring himself in front of Congress and subjecting himself to a criminal case down the road for funds that he really does need but fails to admit that he does need them or why he needs them, correct ????

If my competition had the ability to bring me down with their failure, you better bet your ass I'd be begging and pleading on their behalf for help for them !

Would you like to try again... How is F currently in the same financial situation that GM and DAI are ? Maybe you should just let this one go too !

Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
As usual you fail to answer questions properly or just don't know how. Where in there does it state that F needs funds immediately as GM and DAI do to survive ?????

Everyone would like to have a line of credit when you can for emergency purposes as that is just sound business practice which from previous encounters with you, you seem to know nothing about.

Mulally stated in his testimony that he was there for INDUSTRY SUPPORT and his newly submitted business plan for Ford states that as well (mentioned in his interview the other day). So it is your conclusion that Mulally is perjuring himself in front of Congress and subjecting himself to a criminal case down the road for funds that he really does need but fails to admit that he does need them or why he needs them, correct ????

If my competition had the ability to bring me down with their failure, you better bet your ass I'd be begging and pleading on their behalf for help for them !

Would you like to try again... How is F currently in the same financial situation that GM and DAI are ? Maybe you should just let this one go too !
You're arguing semantics. How can you be so obtuse?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You're arguing semantics. How can you be so obtuse?
How can I be obtuse ?! How can you be such an idiot ?

I tend to rely and argue facts... which I simply asked for (that you can't provide but think some how you did) as this thread seems to be lacking in that department when referencing all the allegations toward F. Everyone seems to be confusing the financial condition of GM and DAI with F ! Just wondering where this info is coming from as I follow F very closely.

Unlike many (you included) who assume details, I like and rely on facts. I'd prefer that you just leave this one alone ! You have yet to offer anything other than some gossip and uneducated coments and answers to questions and conversations, especially when dealing with the auto industry ! That is quite apparent from your previous posts and responses to auto industry threads that I remember.

Maybe you'd serve better going to some African message board somewhere and helping them find a solution to the people fighting over orange peals that you seem to think is more important than US auto.

I'm done arguing with you...

Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
How can I be obtuse ?! How can you be such an idiot ?

I tend to rely and argue facts... which I simply asked for (that you can't provide but think some how you did) as this thread seems to be lacking in that department when referencing all the allegations toward F. Everyone seems to be confusing the financial condition of GM and DAI with F ! Just wondering where this info is coming from as I follow F very closely.

Unlike many (you included) who assume details, I like and rely on facts. I'd prefer that you just leave this one alone ! You have yet to offer anything other than some gossip and uneducated coments and answers to questions and conversations, especially when dealing with the auto industry ! That is quite apparent from your previous posts and responses to auto industry threads that I remember.

Maybe you'd serve better going to some African message board somewhere and helping them find a solution to the people fighting over orange peals that you seem to think is more important than US auto.

I'm done arguing with you...
Mulally under oath testified to congress and sent a proposal to them this week that states F DOES NOT need any Gov funding and will be just fine.

The big three just got a 25 billion loan from the government. Did Ford turn down that money? Same as you, I've noted a distinct lack of "Ford refuses to take part in initial 25 billion loan package due to having buttloads of cash." posts.

We're discussing facts. Call it an argument if you like. These are words on a computer screen. Why in God's name would I get mad over what an anonymous person writes on a bulletin board? Why would anyone? Heh. It's all good.

I see your point. Maybe we're discussing the same thing, but looking at it differently. They don't need cash now. They are asking for a line of credit. A line of credit which they could use to get cash. GM needs cash. A bridge loan. Ford doesn't need a bridge loan. I have a rather simplistic view of debt. Perhaps that is the problem. I see "asking for a line of credit" as "A possibility of needing more cash than we have." To me, discussing whether "a line of credit to be used in the future" or "obtaining an immediate bridge loan" is funding seems to be arguing semantics. Funding is a sum of money or resources set aside for a specific purpose. To me, Having a 9 billion dollar line of credit that you did not have before seems to be asking for funding.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Sorta semi off topic but...

Why is Congress making the Big 3 jump through so many hoops and decrying their luxuries when they handed billions upon billions to the likes of AIG, JPMorgan, Citi and didn't blink an eye or ask a question or didn't demand turnaround plans ? And when AIG splurged they only got a light tap on the hand and AIG went and did it again. And the banks..well they are still going to give out large bonuses.

So why are the Big Three being treated so differently ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics