Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Top Bank Analyst Predicts 13% Unemployment ! - Dr. O -- Seeking Alpha

If you have plans of starting a new business-----"DON'T DO IT"
One man. One economy. That man is Obama. The economy? All his fault.
The economy after his term is over? All the next guy's fault.

It's so simple in its simplicity. I do this same thing at work. I have a screw up. He does a bad job, almost destroying the project. I hire a new guy to manage the project. I then call it, "The New Guy's Project" and it's All His Fault.

Works for me. Works for you. Mmmm good. Sounds good. Tastes good. Marine Good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Man, I wish I could edit old posts. Oh well.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Top Bank Analyst Predicts 13% Unemployment ! - Dr. O -- Seeking Alpha

If you have plans of starting a new business-----"DON'T DO IT"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
Sandy, maybe you and Denninger need to ask yourselves one simple question.

If I'm so smart why don't I understand what rich people are doing? And if their so stupid how come I have so much less than them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Perhaps Sandy does not wish to lie, cheat, or steal . . . nor seek to emulate nor worship those who do?

Just supposin.
Quote:
Aw, poor Sandy. Lets have a pity party for her. You can be the guest of honor. snif snif.

What sort of nonsense are you talking about. If you think the only way to gain wealth in this country is to lie, cheat and steal then do yourself a favor and either move or buy a gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
maybe some people actually believe in people first, then money, then things.

by the way, it is they're so stupid, not their.....
Quote:
So sorry Sandy, it's tuff making money and typing at the same time.

Btw, sounds like an excuse to me and totally irrelevent to whether or not one becomes wealthy.
Quote:
God you are a negative person.
Quote:
Sounds maybe more moral than negative.

Guess that is an odd concept for you?

btw, speaking of odd concepts -- that is an odd invocation of the concept of God.
Quote:
Thats all you could add?
Quote:
Ok, one more.

You appear to be a waste of time, as well as a waste of humanity.

So good-bye.
Quote:
I guess you didn't win the game did you? Dang!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
"Winning" a discussion here does not mean sticking around long enough to hurl the last insult.

I see last year Tony and Sandy were able to hijack the business forum and fish to fish everyone into the low brow level of an supposed ideological "struggle." I'll give Tony and Clair a 7 out of 10 of luring you guys in.

Fished in.

Last edited by baystater; 05-16-2010 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
I see last year Tony and Sandy were able to hijack the business forum and fish to fish everyone into the low brow level of an supposed ideological "struggle." I'll give Tony and Clair a 7 out of 10 of luring you guys in.

Fished in.
Very true. Still, at some point it is fun to beat someone at their own game. And rhetoric left unanswered might actually find a real home!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Man, I wish I could edit old posts. Oh well.
Just Quote yourself and re-imagine history. Isn't that the way others do it?

Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 AM

111 posts, read 295,397 times
I love the wealthy people cheat, steal etc. I think the real sin is letting someone control you and your family's well-being for a lifetime, ie working for somebody. Such a God-given waste of talent.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:21 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,775,283 times
So the question I have is, should everyone be entitled to having a job? Is it our God-given right? Or is that some fixed number of jobs out there and any additional jobs we add is just fluff, non-essential and sometimes wasteful positions for the sake of employing people? Is the recession a convenient excuse for employers to trim such excess fat?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
God you are a negative person.
I guess you didn't get the memo, it's a "jobless recovery". I would love to see a politician say that to someone not willfully unemployed, and about to loose their home.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 AM

There is no "rule" or "morality" or "entitlement" to employment.

There is however a societal advantage to not having a disenfranchised segment of society. Nothing good can come from having a large number of angry hopeless individuals with little to lose.

Why bother pursuing a college degree only to accrue debt and remain unemployed? What happens when we pit our youth (willing/able to work for lower wages) against our experienced older workers (requiring greater pay due to the obligations of society, like children and home ownership)? What about the increased crime rates associated with unemployment?

If I were unemployed and trying to support a family, I would be happy to take a "fluff" position to keep my house and feed my family. Maybe my new employer would soon find out I was a better employee than one of the 90% who thought they were "special". And the worm turns.

Last edited by shaker281; 05-20-2010 at 02:17 AM..

Old 05-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I guess you didn't get the memo, it's a "jobless recovery". I would love to see a politician say that to someone not willfully unemployed, and about to loose their home.
A "jobless recovery" sounds better to me than no recovery at all. Let us hope that job creation occurs faster than predicted. Even though many would prefer that not to happen for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics