Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,087,630 times

Advertisements

Get rich quick, how much truth is there to easy money? This is the big question. I saw a bunch of websites selling programs for around $50. It may be a book, CD, seminiar, website, etc. They claim you can make a thousand a day or a million a year, whatever. Dad thinks its a s-c-a-m, I say its legit but an exaggeration meaning ill make alot less but still make something! One website talks of how companies pay big money for you to fill out surveys or critisize their products. The website explains that companies need a product that customers will find popular, hence the surveys! How much do those surveys pay in reality? Ill be happy to get $5 for filling a quick survey with my opinion!

Another website claims by filling forms and advertizing for companies, you can make hundreds a day! How much truth is there? Ill be happy to make $20 every hour I work!

Has any of you given those "get rich quick" programs a try and how well did it work? What was the reality like? Did you still make enough money? Personally I will be happy to make at least $100 a day, $3000 a month or $30k a year(300 days of work a year) I know that there is money to be made online, but how much money for how much work? That income can supplement my freelance graphics design income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
These are indeed scams. If they weren't, everyone would be taking surveys working from home and we'd all be rich!

The schemes are very insidious. If you send them $40, they'll send you a list of people to call for a "survey". No cold calling, right? Sure! Or they'll send you a book on how to make millions overnight by flipping real estate, but the book isn't all you should buy! You should buy the seminar DVD for an additional $30, etc. etc.

Then there are the "legal" pyramid schemes, like Amway. It's called "direct marketing", and there's a wealth of information on the Internet about it. Only a very few people make any money at all.

Investigate the opportunities, sure... But don't hand over your hard-earned money for any of them! If you're providing a service, even if it's just stuffing envelopes, they should pay you. Period.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:46 PM

They say most people are too lazy to take surveys. But I still want to know how much those companies pay for us to fill surveys

Old 12-13-2006, 06:50 PM

88 posts, read 97,982 times
PLEASE DONT FALL FOR IT.

That's all I gotta say. There is no easy money. None. No way, no how. Work = money. If there was "easy money" everyone would be doing it.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM

944 posts, read 3,955,179 times
Here is a simple way to respond to anyone asking for $50 to teach you how to "get rich." Why are they selling it for only $50? Why are they selling that info at all in the first place? Because the "get rich quick" scheme is to sell other people on phony "get rich quick" schemes.

It's pretty simple logic. If something sounds too good to be true, it is. Except for the person you marry and love for the rest of your life, that's an exception --- if you're among those who are blessed in this world, then your family is, indeed, "too good to be true." And you can't buy that for ANY price.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:16 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
They're scams. You know those commercials where you see all these people saying "I made $3000 my first month!", or "I make six figures a year now and I bought my own home!"...etc..It's all fake. The people are not truly selling anything. They're actors..and not very good at acting mind you. One of these commercials began playing on television in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and I thought I recognized one of the guys claiming he was making $100,000 grand a year as the ex-husband of one of my manager peers at work. Turned out it was the same guy and guess what? He was unemployed and in trouble with the police for selling drugs, plus has uncontrolled bipolar disorder (a real peach!). Of course...his ex-wife..who I thought was a good person...got involved in an embezelment scheme at work where one of her friends was siphoning off company funds into a personal account, then buying her friends houses, etc. We watched her walked out in cuffs by the FBI. Don't believe what you see. It's fake.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:16 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,018 times
THESE are all worth of the post of the day award! Actually, they're all spot on. Sure, some people make money doing this type of stuff, but it's the person selling you the so-called info.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:48 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
If it walks like a duck......
The only people making money are the ones "conning " people out of the $50 or what ever their fee is.
Listen to your dad. run do not walk away from this

Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Ditto what everyone else said. There is no such thing as easy money (besides inheritance and the lottery). You will lose a ton of money if you buy into this idea of "get rich quick", the only ones making money are the ones selling you the product.

If you truly want to make a little bit of money on the side, study up on poker. I play online at PokerStars a couple times per week, usually $1/$2 blinds. And watch the WPT or WSOP on tv, learn to play like the pros. But beware, there are sharks that will take you for a huge amount of money. One night I lost nearly $3000 to a shark:eek! But on the other hand, I won $4800 in a tournament.

And remember, if it was easy, we'd all be doing it.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:29 PM

Thanks for your concerns everyone. I wont pay any website that claims "get rich quick" ill just find the information myself for free. One website wants $50 to be a "member" and they give you surveys that make you money. Well I found those websites on my own for free, just saved $50. Those surveys cost me nothing and ill be getting cash, prizes and free products to review. One website that offers surveys says I can make $15k a year accroding to the salary calculator! Not bad for filling out 1000 surveys per year, a few minutes each survey and referring others.

I shall find out if I actually get the money checks mailed to me. Any website that fails to do that, I will no longer deal with them. The good ones I shall deal with more often. Ill also be freelancing in graphics design and theres other things I want to do on the web to supplament my income. The more sources of income, the better and safer. Ill also be investing in mutual funds. Hopefully I can make a steady stream of money soon so I can relocate to Oil city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics