Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,365 times

Advertisements

Its nice to see that you can be redirected away from the peanut subject. Just checking. All the people who do not have kids with allergies you sure are investing your time arguing about it. I figured I would give you something to nitpick me with, instead of this unbelievable debate.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 PM

Its like a pool of piranhas when a piece of fish is thrown in.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
so the only people that should care are kids w/ allergies? I've been saying it for a while, and I'll reiterate that parents like you are so caught up in your personal day to day drama, you fail to see the other side of things and can't remain unbiased in a case like this.

it's no major investment for me to try to express my point of view in a civil argument. I like this topic, like hearing both side, even if I disagree w/ the POV and ill-formed opinions of many here. but I do sometime get a bit testy when posters like you can't discuss things like an adult. you seem so caught up in nitpicking me and other posters, you have yet to contribute anything worthwhile to this thread. frankly, you bore me, and this will be my last response to you until you can step it up and join in the conversation like an adult and can express you position adequately.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 PM

697 posts, read 2,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Why are so angry. Didn't you know that you are always yelling with those capitol letters? I hope none of your children ever need accomodations for anything, because if they did you might have to go up against a bunch of neurotic uneducated people.
So I yell... .

Simple accomodations doesn't seem to be enough for these parents of peanut allergic kids. They (you) want EVERYBODY to bend over backwards to ACCOMODATE, want EVERYBODY to understand YOUR point of view, while you're not taking into consideration the MAJORITY point of view.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Its nice to see that you can be redirected away from the peanut subject. Just checking. All the people who do not have kids with allergies you sure are investing your time arguing about it. I figured I would give you something to nitpick me with, instead of this unbelievable debate.
Maybe that's because 'all these people who DO have allergic children' are investing a lot of time trying to push everybody else around and bully us into submission. HA Not going to happen.

We argue because it ISN'T OUR CHILDREN with the allergy, yet it is OUR CHILDREN who have to go without to accomodate. WE ARE BEING ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY YOUR CHILD'S ALLERGY.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
so the only people that should care are kids w/ allergies? I've been saying it for a while, and I'll reiterate that parents like you are so caught up in your personal day to day drama, you fail to see the other side of things and can't remain unbiased in a case like this.

it's no major investment for me to try to express my point of view in a civil argument. I like this topic, like hearing both side, even if I disagree w/ the POV and ill-formed opinions of many here. but I do sometime get a bit testy when posters like you can't discuss things like an adult. you seem so caught up in nitpicking me and other posters, you have yet to contribute anything worthwhile to this thread. frankly, you bore me, and this will be my last response to you until you can step it up and join in the conversation like an adult and can express you position adequately.
Again I will say people like yourself who do not have kids with allergies need to find something to do with their time than to invest it in something that does not concern you.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925mine View Post
So I yell... .

Simple accomodations doesn't seem to be enough for these parents of peanut allergic kids. They (you) want EVERYBODY to bend over backwards to ACCOMODATE, want EVERYBODY to understand YOUR point of view, while you're not taking into consideration the MAJORITY point of view.
Don't you home school your child? Why do you get so worked up over this subject?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
Quote:
Again I will say people like yourself who do not have kids with allergies need to find something to do with their time than to invest it in something that does not concern you.
and it's this pathetic, narrow-minded way of thinking the reason why people disagree w/ you. people like you seem to think the world revolves around you and yours. hate to break it to you, but your school does include kids who aren't allergic to nuts whose lives you're trying to change. that makes you the incredibly selfish one here

ok, now I'm done w/ you, b/c now you're just being ridiculous.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:

HOW DARE YOU. It doesn't concern us???? YOU MAKE IT CONCERN US. By all your demands at school, YOU MAKE IT CONCERN US.

Ok, if it doesn't concern us, YOU take care of your children with allergies. LEAVE US OUT OF IT. I'll keep on sending my child to school with peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter cookies, granola bars, etc., and not be concerned IN THE LEAST that YOUR CHILD has an allergy.

HAVE IT YOUR WAY.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,999 times
Quote:
Do you know how to spell?
That is her "choice". Vegan is a choice, not life or death.
And your religion (whatever it is) is a choice, not life or death.

To many vegans, it is morally reprehensible to them to eat any animal products. MORALLY wrong to them. Are you saying that your child's defect trumps their freedom to practice the creed in which they firmly believe? Veganism isn't a whim, and yes...sometimes it's not a choice, but it's a medical necessity to be vegan.

P.S. Yes, I know how to spell very well thank you. Do you know what the word "meme" means? Look it up. Then look up "sammich".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education