Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:23 PM

28 posts, read 131,807 times

Advertisements

Yes i wouldnt buy site unseen sunset ranches gets you 30 to 90 days to visual the site. If you dont like it they will now at that time get with the office and see what they have that you will like sunsetranches,llc.com cart6940@aol.com email me and i will get you in touch with the right people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 05:27 PM

Just go to west texas land for sale and there are many many things there that you can see. Any questions email me at cart6940@aol.com

Old 09-19-2008, 06:50 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,988 times
Boardwalk you are just the sucker these companies are looking for. You hear about cheap land and you buy without ever having been there.,

The El Paso Times recently ran an article about these scams. Companies bought this land for $10 to 25 an acre then they sell it to you- when you finally see how desolate the land is and fall behind on payments they foreclose and sell to the next sucker.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:03 AM

Default Rip off or not

I saw my land, i live on a bluff and down below, is grass for my horses and goats. Grant you if you come from up north or from out east, it might be a bit much for them, but i have been down here for six years and love it. You may see it as a rip off, but i have researches and where else in the usa can you buy 20 acres of land for 14,900. As for your comment it was unfounded and pretty rude. I love it down here. I am from indiana. My and my mother came down here. Cant take the snow anymore. Too cold for these old bones. Also grant you the summer is hot, the winter mild, and the spring and fall are the best. Well sorry that you are unhappy, maybe you will some day find an acre of land for 700.00 or less, doubt it.
And its better than a regular mortgage. The owners know when there are bad times and give you a break on the pmts. All you have to do is call and explain and they are pretty good about helping you out. If you dont want the land, just call and say i dont want it anymore and it will be wiped off the books, and they resale, and what they are doing is great and your not chased down my mortgage lenders, wh i might say are pretty crooked in my books.

Carm

Old 10-04-2008, 11:42 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
I have 5 acres in Sierra Blanca. Mom gave it to me.. still have to go out there some day and see it. She got it from a Broker when she worked out at White Sands. I think the price back then was like $700 an acre.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM

It is a good bargin, at 700 an acre, my price is 700 dollars an acre. In indiana its about 2,000 an acre, and higher in other states. I enjoy my land. I hate el paso, to crowded, i call it the concrete jungle. We moved away from indiana, no prospects for land, and jobs were getting scarce. You have to know how to live out where we live, the first year i learned a lot of lessons of living in the desert. Although my land, about 5 acres is desert like and then 15 is grassy, it lies on a rim along an arroyo. I wouldnt trade it for nothing in the world. Love it love it. If you need any help on what to do and what not to do, email me at cart6940@aol.com

Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 AM

29 posts, read 106,454 times
There are many areas in the USA with rainfall where one can get 20-40 acre parcels for $1000/acre or less, including eastern and southeastern Oklahoma, west central Missouri, northern, central, and eastern Maine. The UP Michigan and North Dakota have land that cheap too, if you want to brave the cold. That's where to look for cheap land, after having researched it for a couple years.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:37 AM

206 posts, read 535,019 times
I own 20 acres in sunset ranches and it's a nice 'piece of property'. It's a very scenic spot at the 'far end' near the mountains and although it's paid off i'm just 'sitting on it'. If it had utilities I would have paid much more than 10,000.00, so I'm happy...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,988 times
Most of the land on ebay is "bidding for down payment only" in fine print a total rip-off and I've complained to ebay about it.

The cheap land in West Texas is barren and ugly and too far from anything to be of much use. People buy it then stop making the payments- the original company then forecloses and sells it again. The EP Times did a great story on it last year.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:06 AM

124 posts, read 283,695 times
Default Re: land rip off

West Texas land is what you make of it. If you want to be self sufficient and live off grid or semi off grid in almost constant sunshine, then its for you. If you are lookinf for a plush green lawn with plenty of water and a Starbucks down the street, then West Teaxs is NOT for you! I own land east of FM 1437 and I know what I have and I am planning on biulding my retriement home there in the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso