Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM

421 posts, read 2,156,215 times

Advertisements

I've heard Vilas elementary in sunset heights is haunted. I bought one of Ken Hudnall's books looking for more info, but not really much is said. Supposedly the attic lights are said to turn on by themselves and occasionally a person's silhouette can be seen in the windows. The odd thing is I've never been able to find any attic level windows on the building.. so I'm not sure what the deal is there. I live nearby and have never seen anything unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 01:57 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,216,762 times
i also heard that radford school is haunted, & "back in the days"they used to say their was a "black church" around the george dieter area.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,504 times
There is a house on Silver Street. You can't miss it. It is unusual looking. It's claimed to be Pancho Villa's favorite ***** house. My best friend lived there for a few months quite a few years ago. It is definelty haunted. There is like a tower in the kiving room where the attic used to be. It is now sealed off due to someone girl hanging herself. The dog she owned used to growl constantly in the upstairs bedroom and women in period clothing have been seen standing at the top of the stairs. It is one of those old houses where the steps are right at the bedroom door so you have to be careful to step down as soon as you open the door. In the basement is a small crawl-through space that leads to some tunnels. It is said that Pancho Villa would ride his horse through the tunnels to escape authorities when they came looking for him at the ***** house. A few of my friends walked the tunnel from the house and said they wound up at 5-points.

All of Yandell is supposed to be haunted since the cemetary was said to be spread all along the place. They gathered the graves and condensed them into one place making the cemetary. I worked for a physician in 5 points and that placed had it's moments such as the St. Francis picture flying of the wall several times.

6-west at WBAMC used to be the surgical ward way back in the days and then became the psych ward. Not sure if it still the psych ward but it was back in the 90's. The lockers would open voluntarily and constantly. There was also a figure of a boy standing in the corner in the last room down the hall. They said that room used to be the operating room.

OK- last one: not too sure what went on in the Old R.E. McKee mansion on scenic but I do know that there are hidden tunnels into rooms. I've heard rumors about the lights being turned on and off and noises coming from the place when the current owners were out and the place was being renovated.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:35 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,699 times
Default red eyes

[quote=el borracho;2174605]about twenty years ago a group of us were at a dam right off of thorn under that big tower it was a little past midnight and we found ourselves surrounded by pairs of red eyes we got out of there. " [ i was surfing the net and i somehow ended up on this web page that talked about red glowing eyes and i wasn't even looking ,but what caught my eye was the horizon city monster and it talks about red glowing eyes ,ck it out. Desert Apes (broken link)

Old 12-05-2007, 03:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
NEAT site! Thanks. I bookmarked it.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Synopsis, did you check out the desert apes link ,that one has me thinking there was nothing there except desert and all we saw was red glowing eyes kinda scary

Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Thats very cool about the EL Paso big Foot. I have been told stories about it too. Fort bliss has many hauntings.. seen them first hand. Ask any DA cop or MP, they will tell you.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:45 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,610 times
I looked into the Bigfoot thing a little bit because I had a cabin way up in the woods outside of Cloudcroft for awhile and I decided to freak myself out (which I was successful at). I didn't realize that there was such a thing as the Horizon City monster. I had some property up in the Cascades in Oregon in the late 90's and that was a big topic up there because allegedly that is where most of the sightings occur. I had read that the Mescalero around Ruidoso have long reported such sightings. This stuff is such great entertainment. Where do you think that airplane graveyard is that is referenced?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,216,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimK View Post
I looked into the Bigfoot thing a little bit because I had a cabin way up in the woods outside of Cloudcroft for awhile and I decided to freak myself out (which I was successful at). I didn't realize that there was such a thing as the Horizon City monster. I had some property up in the Cascades in Oregon in the late 90's and that was a big topic up there because allegedly that is where most of the sightings occur. I had read that the Mescalero around Ruidoso have long reported such sightings. This stuff is such great entertainment. Where do you think that airplane graveyard is that is referenced?
Some residents believe in Horizon City's monster - El Paso Times - July 31 2003 (http://www.texasbigfoot.com/elpaso_times1.html - broken link)

Old 12-05-2007, 06:51 PM

the airplane graveyard is in the mission valley there was an article in the paper a few months back i think it's between san eli and fabens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso