Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM

72 posts, read 596,551 times

Advertisements

Hello El Paso

Sorry for the delay in writing back, but it has just been so time consuming looking over video, listening to hours and hours of audio, and looking over hundreds of photos. The library is something else though. I will post pictures on here as soon as we have them available. We are right now trying to put together something for PDN to play over the radio. Listen in to 93.1 FM Halloween morning for EVP evidence captured at the downtown library.

I see that many more El Pasoans are getting into the Halloween spirit. For those of you who are going to conduct your own personal investigations, just remeber to be safe, and that PITT has always obtained permission before entering someone's property. It is just good practice. PITT is still recruiting members to join PITT, so if you are interested contact me at txrattler76@yahoo.com. I will be glad to hear from you. El Paso we will have something for you very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 04:35 PM

14 posts, read 62,937 times
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the group and jusy wanted to say that it nice to know that I'm not the only one in El Paso that has had a paranormal experience. I feel lucky to have found this group!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:21 AM

200 posts, read 610,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noconi View Post
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the group and jusy wanted to say that it nice to know that I'm not the only one in El Paso that has had a paranormal experience. I feel lucky to have found this group!
So??? What was your experience, if I may ask you to share? I love real-life paranormal experience stories!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM

My husband and I moved into a new home in the northeast part of town with my two small daughters. The whole subdivison was new. I first started noticing activity when my eldest daughter started kindergarden. On this particular day while dressing her for school, the light switch turned off, so not thinking anything about it, I got up from her bed and turned it back on. As soon as I returned to the bed to continue dressing her, the switch turned off. Not wanting to alarm the children, I told them that we didn't need the light on anyway and the light came back on. So, feeling a little spooked, I promptly finished dressing the kids, and out the door we went. It was then that I realized that the date was Friday the 13th and decided that it was just all a coincidence. I figured that maybe the girls touched the switch with sticky hands but then realized that both were too small and couldn't reach it. That weekend the light switch was replaced, but it didn't fix the problem.
Another thing that puzzled me was the photos taken of the girls. From the time that we moved in, until we moved out 10 years later, any pictures that were taken of the girls in the house always had some sort of mist or smoke around them. It didn't matter what type of camera, or film that was used, or even who was taking the pictures.
There was a cold spot in our hallway. I didn't know what it was then and just figured that there was a terrible draft coming from somewhere. Every morning at 4am, I would walk down the hall to turn the coffee pot on in the kitchen and just had such a terrible feeling that someone was standing in the kitchen that I finally confided my fear to a friend who told me about a similar experience she had about a spirit in her house. She gave me a tip on what to try the next time I had that feeling of someone in the kitchen, and it worked.
There were so many things that happened while living there, like doors opening by themselves, or trying to open a door and somthing pushing it closed on the other side, but other than the kitchen incident I never felt as if any of us were in any danger. As the children grew and if something happened that seemed strange we would simply say that our 'friendly ghost' was pulling pranks.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 AM

200 posts, read 610,406 times
Noconi: Interesting story! You know, the majority of paranormal experiences I hear from folks in EP seem to happen to folks who live in Northeast. I mean I've heard of people experiencing supernatural phenomena from every part of EP, but the majority are folks that live in Northeast EP.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:22 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
I expected to hear from TXRATTLER today on his expedition into the El Paso Library. Hope some ghost didn't drag him into the aether.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:37 PM

Hi Anelizk, your comment about people living in the northeast part of El Paso and their paranormal experiences leads me to wonder about the areas history. Had I been living in an older home at the time of my experiences, then maybe I wouldn't have been too surprised. But, having them happen in a brand new home and in a newly developed area really surprised me.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 PM

That is people forget that the land they build on, has a history to it.. Indian tribes, other people, sometimes there are events no one has recorded and the body lies deep in the hardened soil now.. and then they come along disturb the grave and wake the spirits.. setting into motion the haunt... because History needs to be known.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM

Here's a bit of cemetary history about a piece of land in the northeast that some might not know. On the corner of Diana and Alps street there is a 7-11 where a cemetary used to be. Back in the 60's, Alps street was all desert and an old cemetary was located there. I believe the graves were relocated to Restlawn Memorial. The first building that went up was the 7-11, and now there are homes and even a new school where there was once an old cemetary. Being young, I never paid attention to the dates on any of the headstones when walking by, but now I wish I had. I wonder if the residents of that area are even aware of what their homes and school was built on top of?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:48 AM

TXRATTLER, you ok? Do we need to get the Ghost Busters and save you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso