Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:21 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,028,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
Well wind that ruins cars is a little extreme ~ but yea I guess if wind is the only bad natural disaster to have to worry about in el paso its not the end of the world, but man to me if its bad enough to ruin your car, thats PRETTY DARN BAD!!!!

Eh, sounds like his friend had a bad paint job from the factory. Haven't heard of any cars getting their pant jobs ruined due to the high winds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,874 times
Quote:
Ok El Paso ~ be nice and be 75 degrees the week of May 15th! Welcome this new comer with gorgeous perfect weather! None of this cold stuff! LOL Thats an order!!! Ok make that a PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! heheh
It'll be well above 75 degrees by the time you arrive in West Texas mrsrobinson. Average temp for may is 90 degrees! Better stock up on sunscreen!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
It'll be well above 75 degrees by the time you arrive in West Texas mrsrobinson. Average temp for may is 90 degrees! Better stock up on sunscreen!

I see next week we'll have a high of 88. But thankfully here it's a dry heat. Today it was in the mid 70's and I needed no a/c. In Houston my a/c would've ran atleast 20 times at the same perfect temp. God I love no humidity.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I see next week we'll have a high of 88. But thankfully here it's a dry heat. Today it was in the mid 70's and I needed no a/c. In Houston my a/c would've ran atleast 20 times at the same perfect temp. God I love no humidity.
Funny, I grew up in EP but now live in Houston area and I like the humidity since I always got chapped lips and/or nose bleads due to the dry air. It's all a matter of perception I guess.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM

247 posts, read 605,299 times
Quote:
yea, that is a definately plus NO tornado's and hurricanes in El Paso!!!!!:-)
Well El Paso seems to have come closer to a tornado each monsoon season with at least one really bad storm. So its not completely out of the question that El Paso could have one. EX. Salt Lake City.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utelpaso88 View Post
Well El Paso seems to have come closer to a tornado each monsoon season with at least one really bad storm. So its not completely out of the question that El Paso could have one. EX. Salt Lake City.
In 58 years, El Paso has only had five tornadoes, 4 F1 and 1 F0. It's a rarity, but not impossible. SLC has had about 15 over the years, mostly F0 and F1 with a few F2. It can happen anywhere.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Funny, I grew up in EP but now live in Houston area and I like the humidity since I always got chapped lips and/or nose bleads due to the dry air. It's all a matter of perception I guess.

Having nose bleeds wouldn't make it a perception? And working for a living outside in the heat and humidity in Houston and now in EP makes it an even better reason why EP has better weather with it's no humidity. Houston weather is as close to hell as you can get on earth. Good riddance.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,861 times
I know that I prefer dry heat over humidity ANY DAY......................... But I guess to each their own!!! hehehe. I can't wait to get there! woot woot!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 AM

271 posts, read 1,072,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the winds are finished for this season.

It's practically May and we haven't had a warm day yet. It can be windy until the weather turns warm and that has to be any day now.

I have been keeping an eye on the weather out there, using the internet, and you have had plenty of days in the 70's I think even some 80's, that is plenty warm compared to what we have been having in Colorado.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 AM

729 posts, read 2,067,836 times
Quote:
I know that I prefer dry heat over humidity ANY DAY......................... But I guess to each their own!!! hehehe. I can't wait to get there! woot woot!

we had our first humid day of the year...OMG it was unbearable!!!! I miss the dry heat of ELP already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso