Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times

Advertisements

So I'm watching Perry talk about his economic plan last night on the debates.

It appears his only plan is ENERGY.

He only said it 100 times..

Independent Energy..
It would be interesting to see how many energy companies are donating to his campaign for someone to mention it so much.

Perry looks so clueless I think some of the moderators had a plan better then him.

Can we get the Mitt Romeny's and Perrys off the stage clearly they support bailouts, corporate interests and have no idea what they are doing on economics.

These 2 idiots will start a trade war with China when we dont even have any money and we are BANKRUPT! Its amazing listening to these idiots last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Lol Perry is done for. His debate last night was bad. Gingrich did better than him and that's saying something.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
So I'm watching Perry talk about his economic plan last night on the debates.

It appears his only plan is ENERGY.

He only said it 100 times..

Independent Energy..
It would be interesting to see how many energy companies are donating to his campaign for someone to mention it so much.
You are wrong on Energy because this is do-able for a President without Congressional clusterbleeping.

The highest unemployment rates are for people with no high school diploma or just a high school diploma. Four Year College Graduates have a less than 5 percent unemployment rate. Blue collar energy jobs will not go overseas like manufacturing jobs because we have the natural resources here. The blue collar work will have to be done HERE in the US building the infrastructure, transporting it, maintaining it, and get the stuff out of the ground (coal/oil/natural gas). The unions (truckers, coal miners, construction workers, vehicle manufacturers, etc.) should even see Rick Perry as a jobs savior for their blue collar workers. Also, highly skilled/educated labor (engineers) and white collar workers would also benefit.

As the President, Perry's main function will be to get rid of the regulations and executive orders that prevent the energy industry from expanding (not government subsidies) and dump the EPA (note: not fish and wildlife, not parks, just the suits who over-regulate). The beauty is he doesn't need Congress to get rid of regulations and executive orders. He can do it on Week 1.

Plus, as Governor of Texas, he knows these energy people better than any other candidate on the debate stage. He's The Man for job creation when it comes to energy. The others can mouth intent but he's the guy who can get it done and get it done more quickly than Mr Preppie or Mr Pizza or Mother of The Year or Family Guy or Dr Isolationist.

One of the pasty-faced analysts after the debate said the economy is not just about taxes and he was right.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM

234 posts, read 940,124 times
Hey, the last Governor from Texas worked out pretty good, right?

Let's try that trick again. What could possibly go wrong .......................... ?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJexpat View Post
Hey, the last Governor from Texas worked out pretty good, right?

Let's try that trick again. What could possibly go wrong .......................... ?
I bet if I went into the Work/Employment forum, I could sell everyone looking for any kind of work on Rick Perry and energy, no matter where they live, even a guy/gal from New Jersey. Think about this. When the Gulf moratorium was enacted by Obama, who besides the oil guys lost work? What about the people who feed the rig workers (stores, restaurants), the suits who come in for business, the bars, the hotels/motels. And what happens when we make energy cheaper by producing it domestically? More travel and tourism dollars, for example. Cheaper food at the supermarket. Cheaper gas and utility bills for non-energy businesses so they can hire more people. It's not JUST the energy industry that would benefit. Other examples: restaurant business, travel and tourism, auto makers.

I'm telling you. Rick Perry is zeroing in on the correct industry and he's the one that's right for the job.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You are wrong on Energy because this is do-able for a President without Congressional clusterbleeping.

The highest unemployment rates are for people with no high school diploma or just a high school diploma. Four Year College Graduates have a less than 5 percent unemployment rate. Blue collar energy jobs will not go overseas like manufacturing jobs because we have the natural resources here. The blue collar work will have to be done HERE in the US building the infrastructure, transporting it, maintaining it, and get the stuff out of the ground (coal/oil/natural gas). The unions (truckers, coal miners, construction workers, vehicle manufacturers, etc.) should even see Rick Perry as a jobs savior for their blue collar workers. Also, highly skilled/educated labor (engineers) and white collar workers would also benefit.

As the President, Perry's main function will be to get rid of the regulations and executive orders that prevent the energy industry from expanding (not government subsidies) and dump the EPA (note: not fish and wildlife, not parks, just the suits who over-regulate). The beauty is he doesn't need Congress to get rid of regulations and executive orders. He can do it on Week 1.

Plus, as Governor of Texas, he knows these energy people better than any other candidate on the debate stage. He's The Man for job creation when it comes to energy. The others can mouth intent but he's the guy who can get it done and get it done more quickly than Mr Preppie or Mr Pizza or Mother of The Year or Family Guy or Dr Isolationist.

One of the pasty-faced analysts after the debate said the economy is not just about taxes and he was right.
Laura, for once we agree on something!

This is something Ron Paul is championing too-- less regulations for the energy industry. All Ron Paul supporters should be on board with this if they believe in capitalism...

New drilling opportunities (oil / natural gas) would create millions of jobs here in the US.

From Ron Paul's website:
"As President, Ron Paul will lead the fight to:
* Remove restrictions on drilling, so companies can tap into the vast amount of oil we have here at home."
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/energy/

Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Its ok to want energy but when your talking about economics for almost 2 hours Perry needs to say something other then energy. TALK ABOUT INFLATION the taxes, the income tax, lead on balancing a budget. Again energy is ONE industry and that doesn't stop the real problem of jobs and the real problem of the printing press and the federal reserve. Deregulation is good but lets not pretend this is an economic solution on the 14 million out of work. Also since Perry supported the bailouts I question what kind of people Perry would surround himself with. All these special interests corporation donations, that many people like Perry based on what? Free stuff from the government for "energy independance" More bankers, corporations who seek more "funding for energy solutions" which will never actually happen as they steal the money and then blame congress for the all the EPA regulations. Also he can pretend he is a republican and even say he was a democrat in the south...I might even buy that. But of all the people he was going to support it was AL GORE!!! Liberal lefty on EVERYTHING and TO BE HIS CAMPAIGN MANAGER! Its one thing to be a demorat its another to run the campaign for GORE its like saying I was a demorat and supported Nancy P. BUT trust me I HAVE CHANGED!!!! Perry is a lying snake and the special interests around him are bad news for this nation and from his answers on the debates he has no substance and no details.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
You would think that Perry would have come to the debate on jobs and the economy armed and ready with his economic plan. He is just so ill prepared at all of these debates, it makes me think that he is not really into being president. He cannot win the office of president just by being Rick Perry which is pretty much how he must have gotten into the office governor in Texas so many times.

I agree with his idea of exploring and expanding energy. I think that is great. However, it will not solve all of our economic woes in all areas of the country. It will help some states in a great way, but in other areas, they will not see the effects so much. We have to put the whole country back to work. So, while that one idea is great, it doesn't speak to the whole issue. He is only talking about what he knows...which doesn't seem to be much. He just doesn't seem real sharp to me.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Its ok to want energy but when your talking about economics for almost 2 hours Perry needs to say something other then energy.
But what issue has lead all public opinion polls for well over a year? What issue is Obama most criticized for because he abandoned it in favor of Stimulus, Obamacare, Cash For Clunkers, and the failed attempt at Cap and Trade? Who (solar industry, electric cars) has he subsidized and been a total flop at because the work is either going overseas or no one wants what he's selling?

J-O-B-S. Rick Perry is telling you, maybe not in a very articulate way, that he can get America working again in a particular industry because the work won't go overseas and it's one where we all benefit . And he can do a lot of it without Congress dragging their respective behinds on it (unlike tax reform, spending and auditing the Fed) just by getting rid of some energy regulations and executive orders. And a lot of it is the kind of work desperately needed now - blue collar jobs. Do you want to be subsidizing the undereducated and uneducated your whole life? Even if you send them to college, realistically, how is that going to work out? And it will pick up the jobs hiring in associated industries

He's a governor. He's a do-er. That's why executive experience counts. Maybe he doesn't have a zillion foster kids but how would that qualify him to run a country, anyway? Because he can schmooze with the energy guys, that's a good thing. He'll get it done faster.

Why can Herman Cain talk about 9-9-9 and no one ever says he's all about taxes? I'd mention Romney but he's flip flopped so many times I don't know what he's about.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
I think Rick Perry might be shooting for Secretary of Energy at this point. He would actually be pretty good at that also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections