Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times

Advertisements

I think pretty soon EVERYONE will be leading OBAMA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I love you location: to the left is certainly correct. I doubt many who would even be mildly open to supporting Perry or any Republican will pay much attention to what is published in a slanted publication like the Examiner. I might be inclined to listen a little more closely to the rumors but if no one has been able to come up with any proof after almost a decade, I can't take the claim too seriously nor can most open minded, intellingent people. Oh and I am sure we all pay close attention to what high-end hair dressers or even low end ones have to say. These rumors are about as far fetched as the ones relating to where Obama was born.

Nita
“Sen. Larry Craig has spent 27 years in Congress, with rumors about his sexual orientation following him almost from the outset.”

Our View: Sen. Craig owes Idahoans an explanation | Larry Craig Investigation | Idaho Statesman

Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Too early (still a useful gage) and remember, one wins state-by-state and national polls have lesser meaning. Plus, Perry has to win Florida. Try selling his "SS is a ponzi scheme" comment there....I suspect, in the upcoming debates, even some R candidates may decide to hammer him on that.
And try selling his "Pray to Jesus to solve your problems" as a domestic & foreign policy there too. "Jews for Buchanan" was a year 2000 only phenomenon.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,045 times
Quote:
I love you location: to the left is certainly correct. I doubt many who would even be mildly open to supporting Perry or any Republican will pay much attention to what is published in a slanted publication like the Examiner. I might be inclined to listen a little more closely to the rumors but if no one has been able to come up with any proof after almost a decade, I can't take the claim too seriously nor can most open minded, intellingent people. Oh and I am sure we all pay close attention to what high-end hair dressers or even low end ones have to say. These rumors are about as far fetched as the ones relating to where Obama was born.

Nita
I can hear Palin now: "Pallin' around with hair dressers!"

Last edited by notasmoker; 09-02-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 03:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Default Obviously, an unrealistic poll

I think that any "poll" that has any Republican candidate ahead of this great President is a sham.

No Republican candidate has ever been President and ever had to deal with a post-Bush economy or a post-Bush regressive obstructionist Congress that opposes that him/her because of their race. Every Republican candidate also represents the party of Bush/Cheney.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
No Republican candidate has ever been President and ever had to deal with a post-Bush economy or a post-Bush regressive obstructionist Congress that opposes that him/her because of their race. Every Republican candidate also represents the party of Bush/Cheney.
Plenty of Republican candidates have become president.

And Bush/Cheney will never be as hated as they were in 2008. The backlash against them only decreases over time. However, the current president's unpopularity can continue to soar, depending on what is happening with the economy and how people think they are doing compared to before.

People will tire of the "but Bush caused all this" excuse over time. Excuses in general convey weakness and cause people to think less of leaders who use them. At some point, I think the Obama campaign will realize this, but until they do their continued use of various excuses to cover for lack of performance will hurt them.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
“Sen. Larry Craig has spent 27 years in Congress, with rumors about his sexual orientation following him almost from the outset.”

Our View: Sen. Craig owes Idahoans an explanation | Larry Craig Investigation | Idaho Statesman
guess what? 1-I am very much aware of that, but he wasn't running for Governor and in the same spotlight. Congressmen do not face the same scrutiny (spelling) governmors do and there wasn't the constant attempt to prove this true or not true. It is a totally different type of race.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:43 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
guess what? 1-I am very much aware of that, but he wasn't running for Governor and in the same spotlight. Congressmen do not face the same scrutiny (spelling) governmors do and there wasn't the constant attempt to prove this true or not true. It is a totally different type of race.
I don't think Perry is gay so that is not going to be an issue. However, Perry being a gay basher is going to be a problem for those outside of the GOP base. Gay bashing might help with the base, but its going to be a turn off to the rest of the electorate and Independents especially.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Numbers can be faked, but not a failing dying negative, downhill, out of control economy, this cannot be faked, nor can the fact that we are still at 9.1% unemployment. And last month alone no new jobs were created. That can't be faked. People i know are scared, the people i know who have lost jobs, it is the most stressful thing you can go thru, and when there are no jobs to be had, it makes a stressful situation much more worse. As far as numbers i rarely pay attenetion because they change so often.

As far as Perry, don't ever say never, anything in life is possible, hey look who we are stuck with.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Numbers can be faked, but not a failing dying negative, downhill, out of control economy, this cannot be faked, nor can the fact that we are still at 9.1% unemployment. And last month alone no new jobs were created. That can't be faked. People i know are scared, the people i know who have lost jobs, it is the most stressful thing you can go thru, and when there are no jobs to be had, it makes a stressful situation much more worse. As far as numbers i rarely pay attenetion because they change so often.

As far as Perry, don't ever say never, anything in life is possible, hey look who we are stuck with.
But in the final clinch, I think there might be more than a few folks (including some liberals) who by comparison, will take the same hard look at Obama and will decide they also agree with that part of your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections