Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The proper organizations are already on top of this situation.

What more do you want?

If he were there (thereby causing extra efforts by authorities) you's be calling it grandstanding.

Hey, your 'bash anything Republican bandwagon' just pulled out..........better run and catch it.
If Texas doesn't need Perry at a time like this, Texas doesn't need Perry period! Any fool can govern when there are no problems to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM

288 posts, read 352,516 times
I'm really shocked by these comments. I cannot think about any other civilized country where people would be happy about misfortunes of their own countrymen because of their political leanings. That's a new low.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Rick Perry is busy on the campaign trail while the state he governs burns down! I thought Rick Perry was for the independence of states. What is he doing to help his state through this crisis?

Two dead, hundreds of homes burned in Texas wildfires | Reuters

He's giving his followers a taste of diminished government,
You want smaller less government interference ? get out your garden hose or fire extinguisher..
And as another example of double edged logic =
Why should my tax dollars go to supporting your Texas forest fires..

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
I'm really shocked by these comments. I cannot think about any other civilized country where people would be happy about misfortunes of their own countrymen because of their political leanings. That's a new low.
Who is happy about it?

Rick Perry should be in Texas dealing with it-not campaigning about how he plans to make America better.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I'd also like to know when the Tea Party volunteer fire companies and the Tea Party disaster relief teams will be rushing to assist people impacted by the fire? Where are county Republican parties in Texas organizing teams of citizen-volunteers to help out our fellow Texans so that they will not have to turn to government?
Quote:
Are we going to allow socialized fire companies of public employees team up with Washington to do the job that everyday Texas citizens should be doing?
Rick Perry Asks Federal Government For Help On Texas Wildfires - The Daily Hurricane

Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Who is happy about it?
Did your read comments to the article?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Quote:
Who is happy about it?

Rick Perry should be in Texas dealing with it-not campaigning about how he plans to make America better.
What could he do to deal with it? Why don't you quit being an ignorant troll and give out some ideas because this thread sure does look like nothing but YOU bashing a group of people who just lost their homes to a wild fire.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Rick Perry is asking for help in the form of money that the state of Texas paid to the feds, he's asking for some of our money BACK.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
Did your read comments to the article?
I would characterize the comments as cynical frustration at Rick Perry and his anti-governmental ranting.

Many of the political leaders in Texas would rather people die than use the Rainy Day fund or raise the taxes needed to meet the legitimate needs of Texan.
Rick Perry Asks Federal Government For Help On Texas Wildfires - The Daily Hurricane

Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why should my tax dollars go to supporting your Texas forest fires..
Maybe because Texas had spent plenty of its own tax dollars on your "wildfires" in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections