Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
"Draft a emergency response and evacuation plan for the larger metropolitan areas in the event wildfires spread into them."

This little tid bit struck me as funny, this isn't the responsibility of the governor. These metro areas have mayors and other city personal who are paid to handle these things for their areas just like the mayor of New Orleans was paid well to handle evacuation plans and emergency response for his city before Katrina made landfall.
What does your Governor do? I know he organizes prayer rallies. What else has he done for your state and for the wildfires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The OP's silence and disappearance are a clear sign of ownage. Think a little deeper before you start trolling threads.
No the OP's disappearance is a sign of lunch.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
You Liberal IDIOTS really pi$$ me off.........What the hell do you expect him to do?? Rick Perry doesn't control the weather or idiots that start these fires. The local fire departments in TX are working together to fight the fires, some are successful some have been a struggle. But us Texans can handle it.

I don't hear you wondering where Obama was during the Earthquake, the Irene and now Lee........Oh thats right, it's ok for Obama to be absent (which is probably a good thing), yet Rick is absent and you act like the world is coming to an end.

Get over yourselves you self righteous MF's!
Nuts and bolts for breakfast this morning?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Knowing that going to God and praying for rain didn't work, he's gone to his constituents and saying "**** on it"

Old 09-05-2011, 11:24 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Rick Perry is busy on the campaign trail while the state he governs burns down! I thought Rick Perry was for the independence of states. What is he doing to help his state through this crisis?

Two dead, hundreds of homes burned in Texas wildfires | Reuters
Unless you know exactly what he has done, and is doing about the fires, I suggest you keep quiet, so as not to look like you are looking like, and it ain't pretty...!
Do you enjoy being the object of ridicule?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
I wish politicians were at least consistent. Why is it that for some of these people, government and taxes are bad... yet when something like this happens at home, they're suddenly demanding government assitance paid for by tax dollars? Not that this is at all surprising. Since when have politicians been consistent or honest about anything they believe? Perry is another joke.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Unless you know exactly what he has done, and is doing about the fires, I suggest you keep quiet, so as not to look like you are looking like, and it ain't pretty...!
Do you enjoy being the object of ridicule?
My post you quoted asks what Perry is doing about the wildfires.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What does your Governor do? I know he organizes prayer rallies. What else has he done for your state and for the wildfires?
So, I am sure you believe Obama should refrain from campaigning and fund raiseng until unemployment, and the deficit are under control.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
At least he sin't with the elite friends on matha's vinyard when wshingtom was recovering from the earth qauke. But I understand since he can't really do anyhting right it seems.Comes reelcectio time and he;s now dragging out a speech on umelpyemnt and still no busget passed. Still no hosuig plan promise right after election. Speeches;speeches;speeches and never a real plan for nayhting but spedig on the cuff.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So, I am sure you believe Obama should refrain from campaigning and fund raiseng until unemployment, and the deficit are under control.
No, I am merely asking what governor Perry is doing about the wildfires in Texas. I didn't know that question was such a hot button with you Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections