Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No, I am merely asking what governor Perry is doing about the wildfires in Texas. I didn't know that question was such a hot button with you Texans.
Lol, I am simply asking if you believe the President of the US should be held to the same standard as a state Governor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Sounds like Perry is doing a heck of a lot more than Obama ever did for Nashville during our floods.

It was the deadliest and most expensive natural disaster of 2010, according to US department of Commerce's data. People died in their cars on the interstate when the flood took over I-24. One woman tells her story of standing on top of her burning house, trying to decide if it would be better to die in the fire or die in the raging water beneath her. Luckily, a stranger showed up on a Jet Ski and saved her. As they were pulling away from her house, it exploded.

It's been 492 days since the deadly and catastrophic flooding here, and Obama has never even done a fly over. He didn't even go on TV and say, "Sorry for the death and destruction. Gotta run- tee time in an hour."
I was half joking when I mentioned the tee time above, but turns out, that was actually correct.
Obama didn't take one second to make a personal statement or bother to visit here. But he did, in fact, play golf the week of the flood.

May 8th 2010:
1. Nashville & more than 30 counties are reeling from the flood that happened that week- lives lost, homes destroyed, schools still closed, businesses ruined, 1/2 of the water treatment facilities not operable, etc.

2. BP Oil spill containment attempt not working. 5,000 barrels a day spilling into the ocean, threatening wildlife, businesses, etc.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...6430AR20100508

3. The failed Time Square bombing attempt happened one week prior, which Obama called, "sobering reminder of the times in which we live."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ti...ombing_attempt

And what's Obama doing?
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...-93200284.html

Perhaps Obama should learn to fiddle instead of play golf.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 09-05-2011 at 12:11 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Is Perry a fireman? If not, he should probably leave that work to the professionals.

BTW- What is Obama doing for the economy?

Perry isn't a fireman any more than he is God.

I noticed that Obama said, "...this is the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal..."

Still waiting on that Messianic moment from Obama's Administration. LOL!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The fed isn't paying a damn thing, the fed is giving TX money back to cover the cost of fighting fires. The fed has no money other than the money it gets from the states.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, I am simply asking if you believe the President of the US should be held to the same standard as a state Governor?
An absolutely fair question on a thread dedicated to such.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because Perry is not spending taxpayer money, it is okay for him to Brylocream up and go campaigning while Texas burns to a crisp?
Were you thinking our local communities and firemen don't know what to do without someone holding our hand? If you do, then the whole country is in trouble if one man has to tell everyone how to breathe.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes, I do. If the lame excuse that the Texas economy is doing well due only to low-paying jobs, then I would want to ask the President why he isn't able to keep the country stable on the same premise? One is making it work and one is not.

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
The last I heard, only obama can control the weather.

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Rick Perry is busy on the campaign trail while the state he governs burns down!
I see you're a little behind the news - he's back in Texas dealing with the disaster.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I see you're a little behind the news - he's back in Texas dealing with the disaster.
Back halfway through today!

Quote:
But Perry did not skip South Carolina entirely. This morning Perry spoke across the state in Conway, S.C. at a presidential townhall hosted by Rep. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
Rick Perry to Skip South Carolina Forum to Deal with Texas Wildfires - ABC News

I guess the wildfires are important (kind of) to Rick Perry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections