Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
What about Dumbo in the White House? Shouldn't he stay there instead of running around the country on Air Force One at taxpayers expense campaigning.....
But I thought you Conservatives/Liberatarians/Republicans were different. Why not set an example for how it should be done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Who is happy about it?

Rick Perry should be in Texas dealing with it-not campaigning about how he plans to make America better.
And O should be in Washington doing something about ______________ (fill in the blank) - there's too damned many things he should be doing instead of golfing, vacationing and running his mouth at campaign speeches.

See, it works BOTH ways.

Then we can all be happy.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should just make a sizable donation to fighting the fires in your home state.
I pay Texas taxes and I'm not the one mouthing off about my taxes being use....

Perry has you worried that he's going to get Dumbo kicked out of office, doesn't he?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
But I thought you Conservatives/Liberatarians/Republicans were different. Why not set an example for how it should be done?
Oh we will be, we will be.....(in my best Yoda voice)

Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Perry is not spending Texas taxpayer money traveling like Dumbo is!

Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
The fed is paying for 75% of the costs. I might remind you that Texas is not the only state with weather related disasters this year. I might also remind you that Texas is not the only state in the union.
The fed isn't paying a damn thing, the fed is giving TX money back to cover the cost of fighting fires. The fed has no money other than the money it gets from the states.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Perry is not spending Texas taxpayer money traveling like Dumbo is!
Because Perry is not spending taxpayer money, it is okay for him to Brylocream up and go campaigning while Texas burns to a crisp?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Because Perry is not spending taxpayer money, it is okay for him to Brylocream up and go campaigning while Texas burns to a crisp?
If there's nothing else he can do, sure why not? You still haven't given us a single idea of what he could do to help... you want him here helping, you can't tell us what he could do, you can't get off the subject of his hair and you don't have any idea of how much money the fed has given us back... sounds like Rick Perry is nowhere near as big of a failure as this thread.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,362 times
Wow, this amazes me. How some on here comment about a state, much less a local area that they either a. don't live there or b. don't work there. I work(oil fields) in west Texas and live in the DFW area. While the fires were bad out there, that is something that has happened in the past and will continue to happen year in and year out to some degree. Some of you want to say anything to degrade Texans and their politicans. We take care of our own, sorry if your states want constant handouts and are sellouts to a "higher power"(fed). Do we take in federal dollars, of course we do(who doesn't?). The difference is, we Texans know how to fend for ourselves and make the most out of a dismal situation and move forward instead of getting stuck in the muck that is DC politics.......Jealousy is a terrible thing, make your state a better place before commenting on another.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Quote:
Well gee. Texas sure seems like a friendly state that would be high on my list to visit- right after "Deliverance" county!

Sorry about the wildfires that this global warming environment is causing. I just think your governor should be there to help. Is that so wrong?
Texas is a "friendly state". Texans just don't take kindly to stupid, liberal, dimbulbs, .......especially those who take pleasure in exploiting the misery of wildfires for political fodder. Your feigned "sorrow" is is disgusting.

Texas can do without your kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections