Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,653,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Uh huh. He's never lost an election.
Has he ever run outside of Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think the only thing Obama can beat these days is himself.
Would take a near act of God to give him something that people would keep him in office for.
Bin Laden only gave him a few points of approval for a week.
I suppose it's good to have hopes and dreams in life. The tea party approval is abysmal, their turnouts at recent events laughable. The GOP led house gained congress to the lowest approval ratings in US history,..
Obama's approval may not be stellar, but the GOP and especially the tea party approval are downright horrific.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,941,788 times
Here is what I will tell all my liberal friends about Rick Perry... If you count him out on any election and ignore his proficiency as a politician, you do so at your own peril. Don't make the mistake of discounting him. He is a resilliant man.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
Whoop De Do, sanrene,.in one very red state. BTW, his SS stance is going to get him creamed in Florida primary.

Worse still, TP fans, National elections are quite different from local elections. Swing states are all that count. Has Texas become one (sar)?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I suppose it's good to have hopes and dreams in life. The tea party approval is abysmal, their turnouts at recent events laughable. The GOP led house gained congress to the lowest approval ratings in US history,..
Obama's approval may not be stellar, but the GOP and especially the tea party approval are downright horrific.
You keep on believing the MSM and that narrative.

Meanwhile, the dems are in a panic in NY.

I wonder if you know the dems aren't likely to retake the House? If the GOP was looked on so, so unfavorably, one might think they'd get tossed out like the dems did in 2010....yes?

And then of course we have the Senate, which is likely to fall to the GOP. If the GOP was looked on so, so unfavorably, one might think the dems would retain control and ADD seats....yes?

I wonder if you've looked at the latest polls?

Here;

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...vote-2170.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html

And this doozy, a direct reflection about obama's leadership;

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...untry-902.html

Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
If republicans nominate Rick Perry as the GOP, Obama will win a second term for sure. Perry's stand on Social Security will kill the GOP's hope for winning the White House in 2012. The key is looking at the electoral map. Senior citizens make up a good portion of one key state and that Florida. All Obama needs to do to win is hold on to the states Kerry won in 2004 (wont be a problem at all because they are liberal strongholds) and win Florida. If senior citizens in Florida are scared of what Perry and the GOP might do to social security, they will vote for Obama. Senior citizens are the most reliable voters and its not so much about jobs to them because they are already retired.
Perry, Obama, Bachmann, Romney, Bush, what's the difference?

"The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door. That's the only difference."-Ralph Nader

Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,370,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
That's a mistake then. Liberals were more or less comfortable with George Bush in 2000. He was a compassionate conservative, remember? He upset us so much because weeks after his election, he turned off the bipartisanship rhetoric and went whole-hog con on us.
Actually the compassionate conservatism was why I didn't support his nomination. I realize that it is common wisdom that Americans in general want a leader who can cross the lines and unify people. From what I have seen in most of Obama's supporters I have to doubt that is true anymore, if in fact, it ever was.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,941,788 times
Has anyone else noticed that since Obama and the democrats have been falling like a rock in the polls that the mainstream media has stopped polling?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
High Plains, You are in Texas. Your vote does not matter, nor mine in Tn. Swing states are all that matter.

Compassionate conservative is a PLUS in a swing state. TP is a minus.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would agree that Obama could probably beat Perry in a game of 1 on 1 or a foot race, but not in a presidential election.

Who, in their right mind, actually thinks that ANY president could be re-elected with unemployment at 9.1% and adding $7 trillion to the national debt in four years?

Obama will lose every state in the US, sans the northeast, west coast, and Michigan. With the economy the way it is, all the swing states will turn against him. It was independents who put Obama in office, and unlike the liberals, they are no longer in line for the kool-aid. Most rational citizens want results, and Obama is incompetent and incapable of achieving any results.

I'm in Michigan and I don't anyone outside Detroit planning to vote for Obama again. The economic pain here is real and we've had enough of the people who take our money doing us a favor by giving some of it back after they run our businesses into the ground with needless regulation and excessive business taxes. We elected a Republican governor from the business world for a reason.

The 2012 electoral map will look more like the 1980 or 1984 map than 2004. Obama is extremely unpopular and losing support every week. We know unemployment will be bad in 2012 and his job approval numbers will be based on this.

Keep in mind, he has to get his stubborn 40% Gallup approval rating up to 52% to even have a chance. Add to that, no sitting president has ever won a second term with unemployment over 7.2%.

He doesn't have a prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections