Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the debate in your honest opinion?...
Michelle Bachmann 6 9.23%
Herman Cain 3 4.62%
Newt Gingrich 3 4.62%
Jon Huntsman 4 6.15%
Ron Paul 25 38.46%
Rick Perry 4 6.15%
Mitt Romney 18 27.69%
Rick Santorum 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,050,891 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul made reasoned and intellectually respectable comments — on the few occasions when questions were not being asked of Rick Perry. This time, Rick Santorum was the stand-in for Rudy Giuliani, the favorite son of the Boobus contingent, many of whose members were in the audience. Their resort to “boos,” as Ron was explaining why so many al-Qaeda types were angry at the American military presence in the Middle East, demonstrated how so many in the GOP have a vested interest in maintaining their flag-waving ignorance.

» The Debate That Wasn’t Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The Debate That Wasn't « LewRockwell.com Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul knows that sometimes the truth is going to hurt bad!
Tells it like it is. No sugarcoating it, to make it look like a rose but smell like the crap it is.

Truth is not pretty all the time, like the delusional ignorant would like to think it is, to feel all good inside.

The guy is not lying to you just to get elected, like all the others standing on that stage. He tells you the truth, so you can be informed and an educated citizen of the most unique nation on earth.

He might want to go on the road making speeches then instead of running for President for the hundreth time. He has provided interesting commentary this time with his constant needling of Rick Perry though.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
If the Tea Party truly stands for "Taxed Enough Already", then they should be opposed to Rick Perry since he increased dozens of taxes in Texas. If the Tea Party stands for government to get out of the way, then they should be opposed to Rick Perry who issues executive orders to compel people to get injections (with an 'opt-out' option - how about opt-in?). And if the Tea Party does believe in the Constitution, then they shouldn't favor Rick Perry because he believes Social Security is unconstitutional, and as such, doing anything to 'fix' it would be inherently unconstitutional as well.
well you don't pay state income tax and property taxes, as well as sales taxes are pretty much determined by counties or cities what taxes did her increase? I might also ask you to look at other states and see what has happened to taxes in the past 10 years. We have all suffered.
I agree the vacine should have been an opt in instead of an opt out (tech they are the same thing) did anyone end up being forced to have the vacine? NOPE
Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The tea party stands for nothing. The tea party has one goal get rid of the idea of Obama. Notice I said the idea of Obama. This group will elect perry and if he wins the rich will get richer. The corporations will have a huge pool of wage slaves. No HC no retirement or any thing else. That is the tea party agenda. They cheered yeah to a man being left to die. That is plain to see and hear.
your believe and you are welcome to it, but no, that was not the reason the Tea Party was formed.

NIta

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Most Americans are idiots. Ron Paul was ONE credible candidate among the rest who were nothing but hawks. And idiots make for a good meal.

Ron Paul makes a few good points at times, but let's face it he come off as a little wacky and that is why he will not ever be elected.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
healthcare ideas from the wacky doctor

More Government Won't Help
Before the US House of Representatives, September 23, 2009

Government has been mismanaging medical care for more than 45 years; for every problem it has created it has responded by exponentially expanding the role of government.

Points to consider:
More Government Won't Help by Ron Paul
conclusion: True competition in the delivery of medical care is what is needed, not more government meddling.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,655,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and the high cost of health care is partially due to stupid law suits. bring on Tort Reform. That is one thing that I do like about Perry.

Nita
I agree with you that our legal system is one reason why health care costs are so high. I also agree with what Romney said last night about health care. It's high because once people pay their premium, they no longer care how much medical care costs, so providers can charge outrageous sums. I am very open to all good ideas on how to fix this problem. I don't see this as a Republic or Democratic issue.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,655,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't believe many are saying convert your SS to a 401K. What is being suggested (and has for many years) young workers be given an option.

Nita
From listening to Republic rhetoric on this issue, I think it's clear they want to end this enormously popular earned benefits program. It concerns me because they have 30 years to steal the money I am paying into this program from me. The Republics aren't scaring the seniors. They are assuring the seniors that they will get what they have coming to them, but they are worrying us "mid career" folks as Perry refers to us.

When I first heard about this "crisis", I thought -- ok. This seems to be a real problem. I guess I need to start looking at what the solutions are and start getting used to the idea of reduced benefits. After carefully examining the non biased sources, however, I see -- nope. There is no crisis at all -- not even close. If the absolute worst came to worst, I will get around 75 percent of benefits. 75 percent is a lot better than 0 percent. However, even this won't come to pass because law makers have 30 years to do something as simple as raise the retirement age two years, which will make the program sustainable at 100 percent payouts.

It's crap like this that makes me deeply distrustful of Republics. What they say sounds reasonable, but it almost always crumbles when held up to scrutiny.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I read the article. Every candidates supporters can pick and choose what was said, but overall, Mitt Romney still received the highest grade.
But he received mediocre comments. That article was like all the other MSM articles and graphs we've seen. They all make them look like Romney and Perry are front-runners but when you look at the ACTUAL CONTENT you see it is all a BIG DECEPTION. The MSNBC poll after that debate had Ron Paul with over 55% of the voters saying he was the winner and the graph showed Perry and Romney an eighth of millimeter away (but the actual numbers showed each of them had only 1/4 of what Ron Paul had.

The big TIME magazine front page and article at the beginning of the year showed Perry and Romney's faces on top but if you looked at the pie chart, Ron Paul had more expected support than all of the rest of the candidates COMBINED!

So the "grading" in this article is pretty worthless if you ask me.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Ron Paul makes a few good points at times, but let's face it he come off as a little wacky and that is why he will not ever be elected.
He isn't wacky at all if you listen to what he says and then follow it up with a little research. He's a storehouse of knowledge and experience. Or you can keep letting the MSM tell you he's wacky and take THEIR word for it. If I were you though, I'd trust my own fact finding and verifying over the MSM's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections