Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the debate in your honest opinion?...
Michelle Bachmann 6 9.23%
Herman Cain 3 4.62%
Newt Gingrich 3 4.62%
Jon Huntsman 4 6.15%
Ron Paul 25 38.46%
Rick Perry 4 6.15%
Mitt Romney 18 27.69%
Rick Santorum 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
For all of Ron Paul's answers to debate questions (for quick reference), go here :

CNN / Tea Party Express Debate in Florida 9/12/11 | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/177968/heads-up-monday-9-12-cnn-tea-party-express-debate - broken link)
that was AWESOME
He's the man! They were stupid to boo him, what he says is absolutely true, whether we want to hear it or not. I love his blatant honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,965 times
This poll is of course unscientific, with the Paul supporters lighting up the board.

If there is one observation that can be gleaned from this poll is that Perrys numbers are scary.

Perrys posse has to find a way to make him more palpable to the public during debates or interviews. They cannot continually attempt to mask his evasiveness strictly relying on plastic appearances and stress free situational television.

This electoral process is going to an in your face pressure cooker-----if Perry cant respond any better than he has, his star is going to smolder.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He was just dumb to even go there. If you seriously want to get elected to an office, you have to know when to keep your mouth shut. Just proves to me that Ron Paul is not serious about this.

Ron Paul knows that sometimes the truth is going to hurt bad!
Tells it like it is. No sugarcoating it, to make it look like a rose but smell like the crap it is.

Truth is not pretty all the time, like the delusional ignorant would like to think it is, to feel all good inside.

The guy is not lying to you just to get elected, like all the others standing on that stage. He tells you the truth, so you can be informed and an educated citizen of the most unique nation on earth.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,549 times
Default Rick Perry and Tea Party Support during CNN debate

It seemed that Rick Perry was very much the audience favorite until the Dream Act was mentioned. How can they support him so strongly, given the HPV flap, and the illegal immigrant issue? Was last night the first time most of them had heard about Texas' version of the dream act?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Most Americans are idiots. Ron Paul was ONE credible candidate among the rest who were nothing but hawks. And idiots make for a good meal.
Do you fall into the class of idiots or just the rest of us?

Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You are right. Neither of us are economists. When it comes to a complicated issue like Social Security, the best I can do is to listen to nonbiased expert opinion. If Republic rhetoric was right, I would support Republic solutions, but it's not. I follow this issue very closely. I have heard numerous informed, conservative economists confirm that Social Security will remain 100 percent solvent until 2037 if nothing is done to fix it. After that, it will be able to pay out about 75 percent of benefits for the indefinite future.

(There is one caveat to this, however. The disability portion of Social Security is in trouble. That will be bankrupt by 2018. I am very open to all good ideas, Republic or otherwise, on how to fix that.)

When it comes to retirement benefits, the problem is miniscule. It can be fixed with simple tweaks. I realize the Repulics would like to use a manufactured crisis to convert my Social Security to a "401K"-type account. I know that 401Ks historically pay far less than defined benefits pensions. I also realize they have already convinced my generation that Social Security will not be there for them, so they will probably be able to pull this off.
I don't believe many are saying convert your SS to a 401K. What is being suggested (and has for many years) young workers be given an option.

Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Because fox news tell them to support him.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Because fox news tell them to support him.
Clearly, since the debate was on CNN.

Seriously, why do liberals say such ignorant things?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't know where you are getting this, but this is simply not true. Perhaps you are confusing Social Security with Medicare? (Medicare is in trouble, but it has nothing to do with the government. It's due to the skyrocketing cost of health care.)
and the high cost of health care is partially due to stupid law suits. bring on Tort Reform. That is one thing that I do like about Perry.

Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you fall into the class of idiots or just the rest of us?

Nita
Based on my post, what do you think? From the looks of it as well as the history, I would say that I certainly don't belong in the collective where you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections