Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think he could support his position better by giving the general public a quick history lesson by listing the things we did that created the blowback rather than just coming out and saying it was our fault or it was due to our being over there. A lot of people wrongly must think our being over there means our troops sit around and do nothing but protect the people in that country. Remember now they are using terms like "humanitarian bombing".
Americans probably think that must be a "good thing"

They don't have a clue how much death and destruction we've caused. He should rattle off how many civilians lives have been lost . Include how many of our troops come home injured or sick. Give them the gory details! That might shut them up and make them face the facts!
These so called "debates" are not designed to allow candidates to express their views. They are designed to elicit soundbites. People who base their voting on soundbites are ill informed and why we end up with one agenda driven globalist Progressive after another in the White House instead of a POTUS who actually takes seriously his oath and obligation to uphold the US Constitution. The media is in the business of promoting the political status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 PM

865 posts, read 675,883 times
The real question is, are you easily fooled by the big-weapon industries? A weapon that isn't being used, is a weapon that is in less demand. Therefore the PR and lobby firms would do everything in their power to put fear into you, that all people who think differently are instantly wanting to kill us for our freedoms. What balogna.

Ron Paul is right, and I knew this first hand when I served. It's a sham. We are like every nation that becomes a war empire of sorts. All of those nations had economic collapses, and the military industrial complex elites didn't care. They got their payday.

You and I... we are merely their pawns. Blood is on our hands for tolerating this corruption to go so far.

But hey, if you believe in war, I do not discriminate. You are free to go yourself to fight for this greater cause. I don't care if you have a disability or you're too old. If you want to go, then get on a plane and make your point. Just don't ask those who volunteer to defend this nation, to participate in war crimes against innocent civilians. Those people, like myself, are on Ron Paul's side, more than any other side.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,117 times
"If you speak the truth, have one foot in the stirrup."

Turkish proverb

Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM

702 posts, read 3,010,045 times
I have to say I'm not a big fan of Ron Paul, but he is absolutely right in this case. I have to give him credit to stand up what he believes in even though it is unpopular. I think Mr. Santorum's arrogant response is just the type of drivel that fans the flames of hatred of American actions overseas.

America is broke, we cannot afford to be the world's policeman. The two wars which cost $3 trillion or so are what got us into this financial mess. On this, I absolutely agree with Ron Paul.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
America is broke, we cannot afford to be the world's policeman. The two wars which cost $3 trillion or so are what got us into this financial mess. On this, I absolutely agree with Ron Paul.
Even if we could/weren't broke we shouldn't. That is how we got into the mess to begin with.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
I have to say I'm not a big fan of Ron Paul, but he is absolutely right in this case. I have to give him credit to stand up what he believes in even though it is unpopular. I think Mr. Santorum's arrogant response is just the type of drivel that fans the flames of hatred of American actions overseas.

Ron Paul could become President, redraw our military offensive and congress could be in total gridlock for the next 4 years. We would STILL start to pay off our debts if that happened, and come close to balancing our budget. How bad is that?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Ron Paul could become President, redraw our military offensive and congress could be in total gridlock for the next 4 years. We would STILL start to pay off our debts if that happened, and come close to balancing our budget. How bad is that?
Please do not hold your breath for it, whether it happens or not.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post

:r olleyes::cry ing:

Dreamin'....I'm always Dreamin'....was a hit song.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Please do not hold your breath for it, whether it happens or not.
I don't tell you who to vote for, you don't tell me who to vote for. K? k.... and I don't care if I split any votes. I already posted my position on this issue many times here.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
:r olleyes::cry ing:

Dreamin'....I'm always Dreamin'....was a hit song.

Whats your idea then, Mr. Fence Sitting Drama Queen? All of this subjective complaining, and your contribution is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections