Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,221,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the CNN Debate

Ron Paul Booed at CNN - Tea Party Debate

These people have been trying to take down WTC for at least 20 years.

You can't blame us for their actions. You just can't - and expect to be supported by the people you blame - especially for our actions post 9/11.
You are right, the masses need a neat and tidy enemy so they can go on with their lives of zero responsibility and consequences. Once people start realizing that actions have consequences our elite will have a harder time controlling us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Truth hurts. Hence politicians are better served being liars and populists. Ron Paul is right. And those who booed him for telling what really is, are idiots.
Plus the lemmings want to hear what they want, very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 08:34 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's the rub you're forcing your beliefs on others THRU GOVERNMENT. Quit trying to use force to accomplish what you want. Government role is limited, like protecting property rights. That's one of their roles. Our founders knew government isn't moral. Society can be moral.
Through education people learn, not through force and coercion.

Nonsense!!!

A typical case of distorted Deflection spin you're attempting. Yours is a Blantant False accusation!

I'm NOT forcing anything on ANYONE.

Guess you must be of the 'ilk' who claim Christians are 'forcing' their beliefs on people...just because we talk about our Lord?

Well pal....if people can blaspheme, mock, etc. in public...and give their opinions on this forum....STAND DOWN!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:41 PM

865 posts, read 676,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Well pal....if people can blaspheme, mock, etc. in public...and give their opinions on this forum....STAND DOWN!

Obvious troll is still obvious.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:57 PM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Nonsense!!!

A typical case of distorted Deflection spin you're attempting. Yours is a Blantant False accusation!

Guess you must be of the 'ilk' who claim Christians are 'forcing' their beliefs on people...just because we talk about our Lord?

You are extremely defensive for no reason. Like I've said before, I am extremely conservative and a Christian. Ron Paul's views really challenged me at first because of the moral issues and because he is so different than what I have seen in the last 12 years. IMO, Christians are really doing themselves a disservice by trying to regulate morality through the government. I think it actually hardens people's hearts and pushes people away from God. I think Christians would have a much bigger impact by getting involved in their communities, getting involved with at risk youth and taking back the responsibilities that the church gave up when the fed gov took over.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
You are extremely defensive for no reason. Like I've said before, I am extremely conservative and a Christian. Ron Paul's views really challenged me at first because of the moral issues and because he is so different than what I have seen in the last 12 years. IMO, Christians are really doing themselves a disservice by trying to regulate morality through the government. I think it actually hardens people's hearts and pushes people away from God. I think Christians would have a much bigger impact by getting involved in their communities, getting involved with at risk youth and taking back the responsibilities that the church gave up when the fed gov took over.
The imposition of morals via federal mandates detracts from the ability of people within their own community to form their own culture.

I would much rather be able to make decisions on how I am governed at the state, preferably local, level. That doesn't mean that I would prefer to have every immoral issue be legalized. I wouldn't. But if my community decided that they would allow drugs/prostituion/polygamy or same sex marriage to be legal and I did not agree I would be able to at least have a discussion in person with the people that I was in disagreement with. When the feds legislate I have no voice.

With limited fed government and hopefully no fed taxes I would be also be able to donate what I save to religious and nonprophet orgs who spend my money in ways that I have direct control over every paycheck. Isn't that the essence of the American Dream? Being able to be free to choose your own destiny.

Our countries history has been closer to the Ron Paul America for 4/5 of our history. The whackos have only been in and out of charge for about 80 years.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
What?? I doubt you have any idea what you are talking about. Did you see what the guy accused me of? >> Force and coercion <<

How are my comments below >> Force and coercion << ????

And you say I'm ''extremely defensive for no reason.''

WRONG LADY....I have good reason to be upset and 'defensive' about a false accusation!

- posted BELOW, following my post to emilybh

Quote:
No EMILY....that's not it...you told me in a DM....if a person would be ''stupid enough'' to do drugs (you were arguing Paul's 'Libertarian' position to Legalize drugs, prostitution, etc....by letting 'States' decide. You said, 'tough...if a person got hooked. That is NOT my Christian attitude....but it clearly is Ron Paul's position....and your's emily...as you stated to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's the rub you're forcing your beliefs on others THRU GOVERNMENT. Quit trying to use force to accomplish what you want. Government role is limited, like protecting property rights. That's one of their roles. Our founders knew government isn't moral. Society can be moral.
Through education people learn, not through force and coercion.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-15-2011 at 02:37 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Ron Paul knows that sometimes the truth is going to hurt bad!
Tells it like it is. No sugarcoating it, to make it look like a rose but smell like the crap it is.

Truth is not pretty all the time, like the delusional ignorant would like to think it is, to feel all good inside.

The guy is not lying to you just to get elected, like all the others standing on that stage. He tells you the truth, so you can be informed and an educated citizen of the most unique nation on earth.

Ron Paul is no Neocon!

Ron Paul - 2012

Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Nonsense!!!

LMAO would you stop. There is a difference on how you run your life and using government to force your will on me.
In your life, I wish you the best. However when you take away my rights you will never, ever get my cooperation. I dislike people who steal from me.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
What?? I doubt you have any idea what you are talking about. Did you see what the guy accused me of? >> Force and coercion <<

How are my comments below >> Force and coercion << ????

And you say I'm ''extremely defensive for no reason.''

WRONG LADY....I have good reason to be upset and 'defensive' about a false accusation!

- posted BELOW, following my post to emilybh
It is not a false accusation. You are using force to deny me my rights. You are telling me it is okay for you to use force to make me comply.

Even though it is my body, the body I own, the body that is my property, YOU make the rules for me as far as what I can or cannot put into it. The government doesn't own me. I am not their servant, I am their master. If I do drugs or prostitution you'll steal my property through illegal fines and deny me my liberty by throwing me in jail.

Government is not moral. It has a proven track record of not being moral.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
No EMILY....that's not it...you told me in a DM....if a person would be ''stupid enough'' to do drugs (you were arguing Paul's 'Libertarian' position to Legalize drugs, prostitution, etc....by letting 'States' decide. You said, 'tough...if a person got hooked. That is NOT my Christian attitude....but it clearly is Ron Paul's position....and your's emily...as you stated to me.

I love a lot about you, emily (no come on, haha) and me and my friends are praying for you...we see a lot of Quality potential....but until and unless...you have a 'Heart' change....I can only Hope you realize what you need. - God Bless...Sincerely!!!

It is not up to the government nor anyone else to tell others what they can and cannot do with their body. As for saying "tough if the person got hooked," well I look at it this way... I'd prefer finding solutions to help that person as opposed to just throwing them in jail for what I feel is a victimless crime! If you put them in jail, now they have a drug charge, and good luck getting a job. In which they end up going back to their old ways, and then back in jail. But with that being said, you can't save everyone. God helps those who want to help themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections