Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times

Advertisements

Am not a big fan of Ron Paul, but nice to hear some straight talk from a candidate (any candidate!) for a change, without worrying about either pandering or offending some group or another. It's hard not to respect that. Unfortunately Paul's positions re: some "other" issues don't serve him quite as well.

The War on Religion by Rep. Ron Paul
Skeleton Closet - Ron Paul, The Dark Side
Neo-Nazi complains about Ron Paul's denial of ties to white supremacists (updated)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
disgusting comments by ron paul really.
This is where the ''kook'' in him...shows it's ugly head!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,209,377 times
Quote:
Sometimes the truth is disgusting. Did we not start in meddling in the middle east in 1952?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
This is where the ''kook'' in him...shows it's ugly head!
yea like following the Constitution, staying out of foreign wars, and not managing the economy. Yea all those kooky ideas.
But instead lets do business as usual. Lets continue sacrificing the lives of our military personnel over causes that are not ours because the lies of Americans means little.
Lets continue to allow government to run the economy and therefore ruin the future of our children. This is the first generation where the children have a bleaker outlook than their parents.
Great Post!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Having no respect for the lives of others and having no respect for property rights is disgusting and immoral. Read the CIA Report by the Mike Scheuer head of the Osama Bin Ladin unit. Become informed. Stop killing people over oil.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 AM

407 posts, read 388,611 times
Quote:
Where is the evidence that we were attacked because of our freedom? How do you know we were not attacked because of our fast food? Or maybe it was our fashion sense. But I agree with you. To say that we were attacked because we have military bases overseas or that we are bombing other countries is un-American.

Last edited by hashbrown; 09-17-2011 at 11:16 AM..

Old 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Great Post!
Thank you! - I thought so too!

Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Where is the evidence that we were attacked because of our freedom? How do you know we were not attacked because of our fast food? Or maybe it was our fashion sense. But I agree with you. To say that we were attacked because we have military bases overseas or that we are bombing other countries is un-American.
Many of us share your views. This is the one reason I could not support him. Other things he says and does, I may not agree with but I do not expect to find a candidate that shares my views 100%. I will add, his opinions of 9/11 are not the only problem I have. I really want to see my Pres with some executive experience, but I know that isn't always possible.

NIta

Old 09-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Many of us share your views. This is the one reason I could not support him. Other things he says and does, I may not agree with but I do not expect to find a candidate that shares my views 100%. I will add, his opinions of 9/11 are not the only problem I have. I really want to see my Pres with some executive experience, but I know that isn't always possible.

NIta
Actually many do not. People who want to continue occupying Iraq and Afghanistan are in the minority. Same with out involvement in Libya, same with Egypt. Only a minority want it to continue. More are becoming informed. The USA is more concerned with short term stability than promoting democracy in the Middle East. Their people tell us this.

Attacks have stepped up since 9/11. We are less safe. Our foreign policy is not working. The ones that illegally occupy their borders get attacked. Their people tell us this.
CIA Bin Laden Chief Michael Scheuer on Why 9/11 Attacks Happened

Why listen to the same ones that continue to make bad decisions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections