Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Christie is just hype.

He seems like a New Jersey version of Perry. They both will let anything crazy come out their mouths.

Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Really??? Romney is much more fiscally conservative...look at his bottom line in Massachusetts compared to Perry's. He is also much stronger on immigration than Perry. I haven't heard of Romney mixed up in all of Perry's crony capitalism...which we have only gotten the tip of the iceberg on.

I am not speaking of conservative socially as in religion and such. I guess Perry would win that one.
I'm talking conservative in general, both socially and fiscally. Perry wants to axe Social Security, Texas has one of most hardcore fiscally conservative state governments in the country, one of the largest gaps between the wealthy and poor, extremely high levels of uninsured.

And of course socially Perry is an evangelical bomb thrower that wears his religion on his sleeve, believes laws that throw gays in jail for having consensual adult sex are "acceptable", doesn't believe in Science. Perry is to the far right of the far right across the board.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with Ron Paul...lol. He is not a threat right now.
Christie, if decides to run, will take away from the other candidates, not Ron Paul.

Ron Paul not a threat, really? Have you been paying attention to the polls lately?
Ron Paul is rising and now is third in the polling with Perry sinking. Romney was the front runner all along imo. The rest of the flavors of the month like Bachmann and Cain are slowly fading. Florida was Cains moment in the sun.

Unless something strange happens it will be Romney v Paul imo. Paul just raised over 1 million on yet another money bomb. October 19th is the next money bomb. It looks to be huge.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
There is actually a new group called evangelicals for Mitt, which I find interesting. I know a lot of Christians and they are from the south who are actually supporting Mitt Romney. I am not sure whether they are what you call evangelicals though...probably not.

There is serious NEED for clarification regarding ''Christians''...who is real...and not. Many people in this country call themselves 'Christian' SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, or attend church, in some denomination. Going to church...or only 'believing in God'..... does not make one an authenic Christian! Many of these are not actually 'genuine Christians,'....so using the term...loosely, is a mistake often made...by many folks. Not trying to preach....but know what I speak thereof...is true.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Christie, if decides to run, will take away from the other candidates, not Ron Paul.

Ron Paul not a threat, really? Have you been paying attention to the polls lately?
Ron Paul is rising and now is third in the polling with Perry sinking. Romney was the front runner all along imo. The rest of the flavors of the month like Bachmann and Cain are slowly fading. Florida was Cains moment in the sun.

Unless something strange happens it will be Romney v Paul imo. Paul just raised over 1 million on yet another money bomb. October 19th is the next money bomb. It looks to be huge.
Ha, has emily changed her screen name?

Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Paul is a very distant third. To not include the word distant is crazy. If RP cannot hold on, its MR vs the field, which should be viewed together as none of them have ratings meriting individual attention.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
There is serious NEED for clarification regarding ''Christians''...who is real...and not. Many people in this country call themselves 'Christian' SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, or attend church, in some denomination. Going to church...or only 'believing in God'..... does not make one an authenic Christian! Many of these are not actually 'genuine Christians,'....so using the term...loosely, is a mistake often made...by many folks. Not trying to preach....but know what I speak thereof...is true.

Are you trying to tell me that I do not know the difference in who is Christian and who is not? How condescending are you? Believe me I know what a Christian is and judging others in the way that you are is probably not.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Paul is a very distant third. To not include the word distant is crazy. If RP cannot hold on, its MR vs the field, which should be viewed together as none of them have ratings meriting individual attention.

There is a long way to go. The only way I see Ron Paul being a contender in any of the primaries is in those that are open where they are raided by crossover voters.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

I doubt that but stranger things have happened. I never said Christie would take votes from Ron Paul. Ron Paul supporters are a unique breed. I doubt any candidate would take votes from him.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
are you trying to tell me that i do not know the difference in who is christian and who is not? How condescending are you? Believe me i know what a christian is and judging others in the way that you are is probably not.
your ignorance is showing. Wonder why you have taken what I stated... personal? I haven't judged ANYONE. Just giving insight about how people misuse the term ... Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections