Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
The Social Security crazy talk from Perry...you're right. And vaccine issue, right again. So where else are Perry's views absurd? How else is he ''way out there?''

He doesn't believe in Science, he believes intelligent design should be taught in Science class. He believes laws that threw adults in consensual same sex relationships in jail for having sex in the privacy of their own home was "acceptable".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I like Christie... I think he is upstanding man... at the same time, I hope he does NOT run... why? Because the only difference between when he said he wasn't running and IF he says he is going to run would be several BILLIONAIRES pushing him to do it... I am sorry but it would appear to me that he is BOUGHT and PAID for if he chooses to run... but like I said, I like the guy but next time don't change your mind because billionaires are whispering in your ears... I just don't get a positive vibe from that...
I think you are wrong though I understand what you are saying. People all the time say "no" and then change their minds for whatever reason. I will add one thing more, some are saying he is too brash, his mouth flaps, he is unsophisticated: well you know what? That might be just what we need..Someone who isn't an elitist but a real person.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He is more conservative than Rick Perry is and Perry is the right wing tea party candidate of choice. You still only gave me one actual example of how his is a democrat. I don't consider a state level healthcare bill a good example either. Most states have some form of the same thing in a lesser degree.
Dixie, I really don't think he is more right wing on most issues, but I also do not think Romney is nearly as left leaning as some would like us to think just because he doesn't have the backing of the TeaParty.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 12:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Dixie, I really don't think he is more right wing on most issues, but I also do not think Romney is nearly as left leaning as some would like us to think just because he doesn't have the backing of the TeaParty.

Nita

Thank you, I agree. The problem is that so many voters do not do any research on their own. They go by just the sound bites the media feed them and when they do that they are letting the media choose for them. Then they get disappointed with what they get.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:15 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
Quote:
I think you are wrong though I understand what you are saying. People all the time say "no" and then change their minds for whatever reason. I will add one thing more, some are saying he is too brash, his mouth flaps, he is unsophisticated: well you know what? That might be just what we need..Someone who isn't an elitist but a real person.

Nita
are you ok with him appointing a muslim as a judge?

many in your party wont like it, even though christie has said he's a man of fine character and that people who criticize the guy he appointed are simply ignorant, which they are imo.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
That has got to be the most biggoted statement I have ever seen. How on earth can libs say Republicans are racists or biggoted or narrow minded. Holy Cow!!!! Can't you think of something else to base your dislike of Republicans on and would there be any Republican you wouldn't find fault with?

Nita
You're denying that Repugs ripped Michelle Obama apart for her body and looks???? Then you are in severe denial....it happened.

Yes, I dislike Repugs for placing so much emphasis on a woman's looks without doing the same for a man....neither Palin nor Bachmann would be where they are if they had been as fat as Christy.

"""""How on earth can libs say Republicans are racists or biggoted or narrow minded""""

Because lots of them are racist, bigoted and all are narrow minded...

Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Thank you, I agree. The problem is that so many voters do not do any research on their own. They go by just the sound bites the media feed them and when they do that they are letting the media choose for them. Then they get disappointed with what they get.
or they judge a candidate by looks, personality, whatever...Maybe they listen to what a spouse says, who knows, but I am guess 50% of those who vote are totally uneducated when it comes to politics.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
are you ok with him appointing a muslim as a judge?

many in your party wont like it, even though christie has said he's a man of fine character and that people who criticize the guy he appointed are simply ignorant, which they are imo.
If he appointed the man because he is aMuslim, I would be appalled, but if he appointed him because he is qualified, I have said this before and will say it again, I do not judge people based on sex, sexual orientation, religion, color, looks etc. Am I so self righteous that I have no prejudice? Of course not, I am not God, I am human, but one thing I try not to do and that is be judgemental. As for Republicans go, I honestly believe liberals are much more narrow minded than conservatives.

NIta

Old 09-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're denying that Repugs ripped Michelle Obama apart for her body and looks???? Then you are in severe denial....it happened.

Yes, I dislike Repugs for placing so much emphasis on a woman's looks without doing the same for a man....neither Palin nor Bachmann would be where they are if they had been as fat as Christy.

"""""How on earth can libs say Republicans are racists or biggoted or narrow minded""""

Because lots of them are racist, bigoted and all are narrow minded...
and you are showing your ignorance if you believe this: why do I say that? Because you are taking what a few did and lumping all together. I am glad to know the people on NJ can see past someones looks.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
If he appointed the man because he is aMuslim, I would be appalled, but if he appointed him because he is qualified, I have said this before and will say it again, I do not judge people based on sex, sexual orientation, religion, color, looks etc. Am I so self righteous that I have no prejudice? Of course not, I am not God, I am human, but one thing I try not to do and that is be judgemental. As for Republicans go, I honestly believe liberals are much more narrow minded than conservatives.

NIta
"""As for Republicans go,"""

What? "As for Republicans go" ???? ???

""".... I honestly believe liberals are much more narrow minded than conservatives. """"'

and you are showing your ignorance if you believe this. Why do I say that? Because you are taking what a few did and lumping all of them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections