Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But Roy the Dems already have their man and the Repubs have to still have make theirs based on who is actuallly running, and none of them is a Liberal and only Paul can draw Independents, better hope your Party is smarter this time.
There are two candidates I won't vote for if either wins the nomination. Romney and Paul. My wife said she would have to vote for Obama and I reminded her that she could just not vote for that office. We don't demand that every office be voted on around here. We still live in a democratic republic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
If the bolded is true, then how would unmarried women, who are typically democrats, sink Obama? If people, as a whole, play this giant game of Lemmings to auto-support their party's candidate(s), then Obama should have their votes in the bag.

One would hope that Americans wouldn't be such obvious Lemmings...
Well Rita both those things are true but not nearly all those young women who voted for him back in 2008 have to be so stupid as to think he can accomplish the things he couldn't and didn't even try for this time around. There is a strong possibility that they aren't all lemmings, I hope.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
This is not true.

This is getting closer (or has put up for the last 20-30 years).

The one R who has a chance and could actually get a lot of D votes...
never gets any press that the R's will hear.
From what I see in the MSM I didn't even know that he is still in the running.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
My wife is more conservative than I am. She would have voted for Bush in 2000 if she voted. (I convinced her not to ... I could smell a rat even back then.) She thinks I'm crazy for thinking that Obama might lose. No one in the Republican camp appeals to her in the slightest. She's particularly turned off by the Tea Party. She thinks the Republicans are acting childish and that Obama is "the adult in the room." She's notp an Obama fan, but that's who she's going to vote for.
Poor woman. Mine told me today that she would have to vote for Obama if Romney is nominated and I reminded her that she could leave that office blank. I won't vote for that office if those are the choices, sure not for Obama.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Keep thinking that. Your were hopeful? Best laugh I've had all day.

Independants are sick of the great orator. This from the left leaning lala times to boot.........

"Independent voters, who broke heavily for President Obama in the 2008 election, have swung dramatically in the other direction and are now deeply dissatisfied with his job performance, the country's direction and the overall state of American politics, a new poll finds."

Obama Poll | Independent voters deeply dissatisfied with Obama, poll says - Los Angeles Times
He won't read that one since you promised him he wouldn't like it.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I expect Gov. Romney to clear lead the Republican candidates and likely win some primaries. If he becomes the candidate he will garner almost all of the old line sensible Republican voters. He will not appeal to the party extremists and they will likely vote their displeasure by staying home instead of voting for a Mormon.

If the party nominates any of the rest of the current candidates the sensible Republicans will stay home. In either case the Democrats get another four years to kiss corporate ass instead of doing what the country really need to be done.

I do expect most women to vote for president Obama because they see the underlying axiom of Republicanism that women are inferior creatures needing guidance of a good man and are incapable of taking on the responsibilities of a real independent person. That bias is pretty obvious.
What would you say if Bachmann got the nomination? That would blow a huge hole in your theory.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
That's not what he said though.

What he said was

Nothing about Obama.

What we need is a viable independent candidate. Enough of this focus on the Republican/Democrat nonsense. Neither party can put up a candidate that'll actually be good for America.

Abolish this idiotic 2 party system, and actually get something in place that makes sense.
Would you like to see the latest numbers about independents and Obama? I don't think you would like them.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
You got around 30% who will vote right or left without even looking at who's running. The ones in the middle are who they are fighting over. Then last time the yute vote decided to buy into the hope and change rhetoric and showed up in droves to vote. Will they this time around? They're out of college and looking for all those jobs now that Obama was promising back then. Question is are they too stupid and will they continue to believe the lies and class warfare rhetoric, will they stay home and play xbox, or will they vote to toss this guy out for the horrible job he's done?

I can't rep you right now. Damned good, informative post.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
What would make sense?
I just heard a right leaning college professor mentioning how much easier it would be for the far left to take over our country if we didn't have that two party system. I wonder if some of the left leaning people have figured that out and that is why they are so against the two party system. I am sure that darned few, if any of them, know doodly about the multi-party systems around the world.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
The question also becomes:

Will anyone put up a candidate that will do a better job?

So far, that answer is "no".
You don't know just like you didn't know before Obama got in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections