Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Paul vs Obama
Ron Paul 88 65.67%
Barack Obama 46 34.33%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,610 times

Advertisements

Let's see....the choice is between the president who ended the Iraq war, nabbed Bin Laden, and who is cleaning up the GOP mess he inherited...and the other is a loony nutjob congressman from Texas whose only claim to fame is writing racist, anti-Semetic, homophobic newsletters and who thinks Jews caused 911.

The choice is a no brainer. Barack Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
another thing is that you couldn't possibly be voting for obama because of the "economy improving"-- because it certainly is not.

the government has sent out 2 TRILLION in individual checks in the last year just to keep things at the "status quo" level, and mish had an interesting piece on how oil use is plummeting-certainly not a sign of any healthy economic recovery there:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...age-turns.html

of course, that should be good news for americans at least in terms of paying less for fuel-but instead we are actually paying DOUBLE for fuel compared to what we used to pay during the last administration.

it is either the wars keeping fuel prices elevated or, more likely, the insane printing and devaluation of our currency that forces us to pay more- even when we use less.

that's not the kind of change americans were looking for.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,610 times
If Ron Paul was ever on the GOP ticket--either as the top or in the VP slot--you will see Jewish Americans vote in record numbers for the Democratic ticket. Historically, Jewish Americans usually vote about 70% for Dem presidential candidates, but with a Paultard on the the GOP side you will see that number skyrocket to the upper 80s, low 90s.

Guaranteed.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
If Ron Paul was ever on the GOP ticket--either as the top or in the VP slot--you will see Jewish Americans vote in record numbers for the Democratic ticket. Historically, Jewish Americans usually vote about 70% for Dem presidential candidates, but with a Paultard on the the GOP side you will see that number skyrocket to the upper 80s, low 90s.

Guaranteed.
that is 2.1 percent of the general population, and you just said that 70% vote democratic.

good thing that "they" don't get to actually choose whom to vote for, since it has already been decided for them and all their votes are spoken for now.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

Guaranteed.
Some Jews understand that Ron Paul is the best candidate for Israel as well as for America.

Quote:

"Not everyone can handle the message of freedom. It’s too frightening for some people, and some are just too enslaved. Those are the people that despise Ron Paul, the same types who rebelled against Moses in the desert and attempted to go back to Egypt. Freedom is too much for them and they can’t handle the Divine gift. They want and need someone to control them. Their souls have been too battered by slavery, taxation, and wars."

From Israel: Vote Ron Paul and Let My People Go!
Jews for Ron Paul - Political Organization - Springfield, Virginia | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JewsForRonPaul - broken link)

Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
A vote for Paul would be a vote for total gridlock. As a result, it might force the Dems and Reps to compromise in order to operate the government at a minimal level.

So my vote would be for Dr. Paul.

He'd be ignored, but the country would get a much-needed break from the mendacious messiahs of the two major parties.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,726 times
For Obama, because Ron Paul is a revisionist racist:

Any true American patriot should be appalled that he could make these points while standing in front of the Confederate Flag.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quite honestly, while I"m not fond of Paul's economics or foriegn policy, I do believe he'd get stuff done. On the other hand, I'm of the opinion that Obama held back this term which is why he was more moderate than I wanted him to be, so maybe this term actual change could happen.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Normally I would not reply to new members in this section. As I have reason to believe some of you newer members are being directed here to spam for your god, or you are a duplicate account.

I actually prefer Romney, Or Santorum.

If not voting in the election was a option I would have chosen that.

Really? You are actually throwing around conspiracy labels? Spam for your god? Seriously?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
For Obama, because Ron Paul is a revisionist racist:

Any true American patriot should be appalled that he could make these points while standing in front of the Confederate Flag.
What in the world do you have against the confederate flag? The war is over in case you didn't get the memo.

Btw I didn't hear anything in that video that was racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections