Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
I never voted for a Democrat.
People who say that, on either side of the spectrum, are the problem. There's no moderation or attention paid to a lot of issues given that you're going to vote for one party no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,483 times
Quote:
Once the party of limited government, rational adults who didn't believe in crying and screaming like the left, and strong defense, i.e. "peace through strength" not necessarily endless wars. Now jihads into people's bedroom, Glenn Beck et al. evangelistic preaching and crying, and general stupidity... RIP Goldwater
Boy dude, can you think for yourself?

The above post clearly indicates that someone has infiltrated your thought process and made you spew Democrat talking points

The evidence? Once you spoke of jihad in the bedroom.... you lost all credibility.... that is mass media propaganda by the Dems

Sounds like you have joined the sheep.....

Old 03-20-2012, 06:06 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:
Once the party of limited government, rational adults who didn't believe in crying and screaming like the left, and strong defense, i.e. "peace through strength" not necessarily endless wars. Now jihads into people's bedroom, Glenn Beck et al. evangelistic preaching and crying, and general stupidity... RIP Goldwater
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Boy dude, can you think for yourself?

The above post clearly indicates that someone has infiltrated your thought process and made you spew Democrat talking points

The evidence? Once you spoke of jihad in the bedroom.... you lost all credibility.... that is mass media propaganda by the Dems

Sounds like you have joined the sheep.....
No, Johnny Cash is absolutely right.

I am relieved to see that there are some sane Republicans still left in the party. These are not Democrat talking points. You won't see the Democrats of today reminiscing fondly about a Republican party which once used to be about limited government. This is the lament of a disgruntled Republican who still stands for traditional Republican values.

You want evidence? Look no further than your "front-runner" Rick Santorum. Santorum is the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the GOP today.

Looks like YOU are the sheep.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,448,563 times
Lightbulb GOP, wtf happened

What happened is they crawled into bed with the religious right lunatics. So, now we see the GOP refighting all of the long-lost battles of the culture war, calling themselves "moral."

And that's precisely why I'm a former Republican.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
No, Johnny Cash is absolutely right.

I am relieved to see that there are some sane Republicans still left in the party. These are not Democrat talking points. You won't see the Democrats of today reminiscing fondly about a Republican party which once used to be about limited government. This is the lament of a disgruntled Republican who still stands for traditional Republican values.

You want evidence? Look no further than your "front-runner" Rick Santorum. Santorum is the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the GOP today.

Looks like YOU are the sheep.
I am one of the few non sheep on this site

Mr Cash is completely wrong. he spews leftist talking points that purposely keep the people divided on nonexistant issues that they want you to pay attention to. He fell for it hook line and sinker. Anybody who falls for the phony wars on such and such mentioned by the "so called right or left"(insert religion, bedroom, women, men or whatever) is a sucker plain and simple

When people wake up and see that the country is being duped and whether or not Obama, Santorum, Hillary, Romney or whoever the media tells them to vote for gets elected.... the people lose

I have maintained all along that Ron Paul was the guy to address the BIG problem.... the Fed.... but that the media would work overtime to stop that.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I am one of the few non sheep on this site

Mr Cash is completely wrong. he spews leftist talking points that purposely keep the people divided on nonexistant issues that they want you to pay attention to. He fell for it hook line and sinker. Anybody who falls for the phony wars on such and such mentioned by the "so called right or left"(insert religion, bedroom, women, men or whatever) is a sucker plain and simple

When people wake up and see that the country is being duped and whether or not Obama, Santorum, Hillary, Romney or whoever the media tells them to vote for gets elected.... the people lose

I have maintained all along that Ron Paul was the guy to address the BIG problem.... the Fed.... but that the media would work overtime to stop that.
I am not talking about "the Establishment". I agree that the Establishment doesn't care about social issues, and all they care about is money and power, and they put these social issues on the table to divide and rule. I am talking about the rank-and-file GOP. The rank-and-file GOP has definitely turned into religious nut jobs. While the top brass brings up social issues to distract us from the economic issues, the rank-and-file GOP only have social issues in mind.

Agree on Ron Paul. Paul is a true heir to the Goldwater-Taft legacy.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are partly right, but not totally. I know a little more about the Reagan era than probalby anyon on this forum, but I will let it go without any further explanation He was a combination of the old and the new.
He was transitional character, and perhaps largely influenced by likes of Lee Atwater. It is why he is credited with the birth of contemporary republicanism.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,500,446 times
Quote:
Goldwater would be run-out of the party, and Ronald Reagan would have a tough time getting the nomination. The "base" has changed. Become more extreme. It's become the party which advocates big government. Government in our lives, every time we turn around. Moderates have no place to go, but to call themselves "Independent."

Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,701,277 times
Quote:
The GOP have been hijacked. That's the problem.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
The GOP have been hijacked. That's the problem.
The Democratic Party that once defended the working man was also hijacked by those who prefer the welfare bum. Truman Dems are even rarer than Goldwater Repubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections