Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,794,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Right, after all there are only 2 choices.

Grow up and get a clue. Rejecting Romney does not require embracing Obama. Both of them suck.

Congratulations for not employing your usual tactic of urging gun owners to surrender more of our rights in order to keep a few of them.
Actuall, there are only two choices who stand a chance. Go ahead vote for neither, see who you wind up with. Lol.

Yes, I frequently advocate surrendering rights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 07:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,019,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Actuall, there are only two choices who stand a chance. Go ahead vote for neither, see who you wind up with. Lol.

Yes, I frequently advocate surrendering rights!
Far better to vote for someone that fails to support your beliefs, right?

Yes, you do frequently advocate surrendering rights. We have had several disagreements on the issue.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Far better to vote for someone that fails to support your beliefs, right?

Yes, you do frequently advocate surrendering rights. We have had several disagreements on the issue.
Nope, better to vote for someone who agrees 90% with you. Yet some folks are so short sighted they would sacrifice the 90% to get 0. They make perfect the enemy of the good.

As for any disagreement we have had, it has been surrounding my belief that the government has the right to restrict your access to a bazooka. You somehow equate this, with those who want to ban all weapons. It is extremist views that kill any credibility advocates of any issue have. See pro abortion advocates and partial birth abortion.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Nope, better to vote for someone who agrees 90% with you. Yet some folks are so short sighted they would sacrifice the 90% to get 0. They make perfect the enemy of the good.

As for any disagreement we have had it has been surrounding my belief that the government has the right to restrict your acess to a bazooka. You somehow equate this with those who want to ban all weapons. It is extremist views hat kill any credibility advocates of any issue have. See pro abortion advocates and partial birth abortion.
I'd happily vote for a candidate that shared 90% of my views. Romney would be hard pressed to hit 40%. Obama is even worse. I'm done voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Your advocacy of surrendering our 2nd Amendment rights goes far further than your above statement. I'm unwilling to waste the time digging up your old comments so feel free to stick with your fallacious story if doing so makes you feel better.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I'd happily vote for a candidate that shared 90% of my views. Romney would be hard pressed to hit 40%. Obama is even worse. I'm done voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Your advocacy of surrendering our 2nd Amendment rights goes far further than your above statement. I'm unwilling to waste the time digging up your old comments so feel free to stick with your fallacious story if doing so makes you feel better.
So you would rather settle for zero than 40%? That makes sense.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
So you would rather settle for zero than 40%? That makes sense.
No, I'd rather stop settling for bad leadership and refrain from rewarding bad politicians with my vote. Nothing will ever change as long as we keep voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Feel free to keep voting for crap if it makes you happy.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM

46,382 posts, read 27,247,601 times
Quote:
The thread deals with Romney's lies with regard to guns. .
Well, honestly, what has happened in this thread is that a statement was made by the left, and in this thread, evidence was provided that you do not need a license in certain situations.

So, outback, until you can provide something that decisively states that Mr. Romney was NOT on his own land and NEVER owned those guns, then you are nothing better than the original link, useless you are just trying or attempting to some how justify this lie from the left.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No, I'd rather stop settling for bad leadership and refrain from rewarding bad politicians with my vote.

Lol, I live in the real world where compromise is necessary. Do you want to know what happens when you live in fantasy land? Ross Perot.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Lol, I live in the real world where compromise is necessary. Do you want to know what happens when you live in fantasy land? Ross Perot.
Yeah, your real world voting is working out well for us.

We're on the verge of bankruptcy, engaged in unneeded wars, our manufacturing base is long gone, government is now our biggest industry, etc, etc, etc.

Please, keep voting in your "real world".

Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM

46,382 posts, read 27,247,601 times
Quote:
No, I'd rather stop settling for bad leadership and refrain from rewarding bad politicians with my vote. Nothing will ever change as long as we keep voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

Your gonna vote for obama, no need to take it out on this thread, sometimes you do not need a license to own a gun, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections