Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,433,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I guess I must be one of those *******s your talking about. LOL
Rice is probably the worst Secretary of state there ever was. I mean her claim to fame was she was "The Russia" expert and she did not even see the dissolution of the USSR coming. She was attached by the hip to GW Bush and the GOP is trying to forget W ever existed. She would sink any GOP campain faster than the Titanic went down!!!
Rice was still a professor at Stanford when the USSR went belly up. I don't know that she didn't see it coming (link or evidence please?) but if so she was far from alone. As so often in history it seemed impossible beforehand, inevitable after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
I want Rubio or Ryan.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,015,443 times
Let's not forget the famous line by Connie Rice prior to the start of the Iraq War in 2003:

Search for the 'smoking gun' - CNN

Quote:
"The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly he can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."
Thanks Connie .... nice job !!!!

You certainly helped George W. Bush use FEAR to SELL his completely UNNECESSARY Iraq War to the American People back in late 2002.

And your ability to listen to White House terrorism expert Richard A. Clarke when he TRIED DESPERATELY to warn you about the serious threat of Al Qaeda back in Jan 2001 is again ... highly commendable. Again ... nice job !!!

Read Richard A. Clarke's Jan 25, 2001 memo to Condelleza Rice here:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147/clarke%20memo.pdf

First there's page 1 where Clarke tells Rice we URGENTLY need a Principals level review on Al Qida.

And again, the request is reiterated on Page 3 to have a meeting of the Principals SOON to address the threat magnitude of Al Qida.

And was the meeting of the Principals ever held?

Here's you answer from the Clarke / Rice testimony to the 9/11 Commission:

Clarke: Rice Testimony Bolstered My Claims - ABC News

Quote:
And frankly, I think that Dr. Rice's testimony today, and she did a very good job, basically corroborates what I said. She said that the president received 40 warnings face to face from the director of central intelligence that a major al Qaeda attack was going to take place and she admitted that the president did not have a meeting on the subject, did not convene the Cabinet.
She admitted that she didn't convene the Cabinet. And as some of the commissioners pointed out, this was in marked contrast to the way the government operated in December of 1999, when it had similar information and it successfully thwarted attacks.
What a WONDERFUL National Security Adviser she turned out to be.

Really looking forward to having her back in the White House !!!

Last edited by RD5050; 04-18-2012 at 09:49 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,433,755 times
Connie Rice??? I believe that is the wife of former Seattle Mayor Norm Rice and a lefty lib.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,211,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
A Romney-Rice would be a very interesting ticket, Condi would destroy Biden in the debate.

Romney-Santorum would be interesting as well(for very different reasons), a Biden-Santorum debate would be a gaffe off.

Or a laugh off...lol. I don't think you could drag Condeleeza Rice back to the White House. She wants no part of politics. I can't believe that many voted for Santorum...must be democrats.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
I'm hoping Rubio.. I think professor Rice would be a excellent VP but she shows no interest in furthering herself politically.. As far as the rest of the list, I am not too terribly excited about any of them.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 AM

37,849 posts, read 41,215,210 times
Rice 26% Don't think she wants her life scrutinized but it might not be a good idea to pick someone so tied to the Bush administration.

Santorum 21% Might alienate as many as he brings to the ticket. He no fiscal conservative, either.

Christie 14% Can't see him as VP. He'd overshadow the President. Plus Romney doesn't need another governor as a running mate. He's got those skills covered.

Rubio 14% Too green in the newbie sense of the word. They put him on the prestigious Senate Foreign Policy Committee for a reason, though, and I think there will be pressure from his own party to select him.

Ryan 8% Doesn't offer anything to the ticket that Romney doesn't already have, himself.

Jindal 5% Like him a lot but just like Christie, Romney doesn't need another governor. He's got those skills covered.

McDonnell 1% See Jindal and Christie

Portman * Natalie is a Republican? Rob - Eh zzzzzzzz

Romney needs a Southern Democrat with foreign policy experience whose name isn't Lindsey Graham. I could go for Jim DeMint but since Romney is a snooze (not that there's anything wrong with that but he's going up against Silver Tongue and The Joker) he probably needs to jazz up the second spot a little with someone more charismatic.)

Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Rice 26% Don't think she wants her life scrutinized but it might not be a good idea to pick someone so tied to the Bush administration.
I was about to start a new Thread regarding the INSANITY of even mentioning Bush's 'brain's & promoter' of the Iraq invasion in '03, C Rice.

She would incense so many voters who realize Rice, Cheney, Rumsfeld orchestrated Bush's War, that was unjustified and MORALLY WRONG!!

Even 'flopper' Romney isn't that dumb, I hope.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,473,860 times
Quote:
From CNN's VP Poll(Republicans only)....which person would you most like to see Mitt Romney choose as his vice presidential running mate

Rice 26%
Santorum 21%
Christie 14%
Rubio 14%
Ryan 8%
Jindal 5%
McDonnell 1%
Portman *
Someone else (vol.) 4%
None/no one (vol.) 2%
No opinion 4%

Condi has an 80% favorable rating among Republicans, I guess the base doesn't have an issue with her.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...4/18/rel4g.pdf

Condi is pro-choice. In the current GOP atmosphere, that pretty much eliminates her.

Where's Newt?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,919,848 times
Quote:
From CNN's VP Poll(Republicans only)....which person would you most like to see Mitt Romney choose as his vice presidential running mate

Rice 26%
Santorum 21%
Christie 14%
Rubio 14%
Ryan 8%
Jindal 5%
McDonnell 1%
Portman *
Someone else (vol.) 4%
None/no one (vol.) 2%
No opinion 4%

Condi has an 80% favorable rating among Republicans, I guess the base doesn't have an issue with her.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...4/18/rel4g.pdf
Have to wonder who would want to be a Julia Louis-Dreyfus character. I think the days of a President listening to what a VP says, ended with GW Bush/Cheney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections