Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,332,494 times

Advertisements

It's high time to end Amateur Hour at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 12:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,138,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Is Mitt Romney really a Conservative?

Most people will say no. Yet, a great number of people who call themselves Conservatives are intending to vote for him anyhow.

Why? Are you a Conservative committed to Conservative principles, or are you not?
Because they aren't allowed off the Republican political plantation. how do you like that Reverse psychology?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many have resigned themselves to voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. I have done that before and I can't say that I will never do it again so I can't condemn those who do that.
Agreed. I'll end up voting for Romney, even though I'm not a big fan. He just can't be as pathetically bad a leader, and lacking in knowledge, as Obama. I think some reasonable policies (if he could get them through the Senate) would help spur job creation.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed. I'll end up voting for Romney, even though I'm not a big fan. He just can't be as pathetically bad a leader, and lacking in knowledge, as Obama. I think some reasonable policies (if he could get them through the Senate) would help spur job creation.
How about not a leader at all? He must be planted, and someone else will be pulling the strings. We saw that with W Bush. It is why I'm not surprised Romney is getting his chance AFTER McCain who got a chance AFTER W Bush.

Romney is, after all, a better reflection of what Tea Party and America's conservatism is about than Ron Paul, isn't he?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think many who will end up voting for him are not thjat crazy about him. Could be the reason for the 3 week runs others had ealier.

Ive spoken with many people who say " Im not crazy about the guy , but he,s better then Obama"

Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
I think many who will end up voting for him are not thjat crazy about him. Could be the reason for the 3 week runs others had ealier.

Ive spoken with many people who say " Im not crazy about the guy , but he,s better then Obama"
The republican establishment can count on it, every time. It is why it isn't about: "Hate him, hate him, hate him... believe that you hate him". It ain't about... I am going to do this, this and this, and this is how we're going to be different since the decade long failure in helping define a healthier economy.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
^ All that they care about.

Hello Tea Party! Romney IS what Tea Party wanted all along. I wonder why he didn't get the nomination in 2008?

I do too (see above)!
If Hitler was running against Obama, they'd vote for him. How long before someone responds to this comment by saying that Obama is no different than Hitler? People are so predictable.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Is Mitt Romney really a Conservative?

Most people will say no. Yet, a great number of people who call themselves Conservatives are intending to vote for him anyhow.

Why? Are you a Conservative committed to Conservative principles, or are you not?
The ONLY reason to vote for Romney, as I see it, is to STOP Obama from appointing any more radicals to the bench of the Supreme Court.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,667,396 times
First of all, Obama has NOT done what he said he would do.. what more reason do you need? Obama has FAILED to do what he promised and what we believed he would do.. He struck out! I don't BLAME him mercilessly.. but he simply was not up to the task at hand..

Just like in baseball, when you strikeout... you go back to the bench and let the next guy take his swings...

Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Hitler was running against Obama, they'd vote for him. How long before someone responds to this comment by saying that Obama is no different than Hitler? People are so predictable.
Quoted for irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections