Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
1. He makes Obama look like a 2nd grade student when it comes to the economy a comparision of who knows more about the economy.
Romney didn't do a great job in Mass. He left it in debt.

Quote:
2. The most important issue is the economy.
Yep and the choice is between two with a less than steller record.

Quote:
3. Obama has not led this country back to prosperity.
He absolutely hasn't and it is the strongest argument for change.
Quote:
4. Romney may not be the most conservative candidate, but compared to Obama he is very conservative.
True there.

Quote:
5. Romney will work to repeal Obamacare
The courts will do that, Romney or not.

Quote:
6. Romney will cut the capital gains rate.
This will sway many but income should be taxed as income, with a completely simplified system.

Cutting CG's is picking winners and losers which the right has slammed Obama for over and over.

Quote:
7. Romney will cut spending, maybe not as much as I would like, but still a significant amount.
I will bet that at best Romney cuts the rate of increases but spending will not actually decrease.

Quote:
8. Romney will restructure entitlements so they will be there for younger folks.
I'm doubting it but since Obama has done nothing here he at least can make the claim.

Quote:
9. Romney is pro capitalism, Obama is anti capitalism.
A bit to simplistic but I won't argue this point.

Quote:
10. Romney is not an apologist for the United States.
True there.

Quote:
11. He is a hard worker. Obama is a hard campaigner.
I dunno. Romney wins by 7% though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem is... who is doing the thinking. What is driving you off the cliff is something a book could be written off (and I'm sure, somebody has done so already).
You're correct for once. There is a book that's been written about the disaster of the Obama presidency. It's called The Amateur.....

Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You're correct for once. There is a book that's been written about the disaster of the Obama presidency. It's called The Amateur.....
I knew you have been relying on others to think for you.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I guess minorities didn't vote for Bush then because he was white? Put your race card back in your wallet. Most who won't vote for Obama is because of his policies, not his skin color or race. I am a white conservative and was an avid fan of Herman Cain until he dropped out of the race.
Well we have seen how far the GOP "race card" got Herman Cain! Why isn't Cain at the top of the GOP ticket instead of every white pale faced Conservative now?
Oh! because a black man in freaking Idaho won't win! I hate to break it to you but race does matter to the GOP!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I'd vote for a box turtle before I would vote for Obama.
It'd certainly be a step up from Romney

Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many have resigned themselves to voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. I have done that before and I can't say that I will never do it again so I can't condemn those who do that.
Personally, I believe Romney is a very good Republican candidate. I don't view him the lesser of two evils in the slightest.

1) He's pro-American Exceptualism (Barack has made clear that he's not)
2) He's pro-Business (Barack has made clear he's not)
3) He's pro-Defense (Barack has made clear he's a war-monger)
4) He's pro-Immigration Reform/Secure Borders (Barack has made clear he's not. What has he done to challenge the immigration system?)
5) He's pro-Life (Barack has made clear his personal stand on abortion while challenging those who find fault in abortion/PP)
6) He's pro-Constitution (Obamacare will be struck down. Some "Constitutional Scholar" we have in office.)

I don't hold it against him in the slightest that he's a Republican from Massachusetts. I believe he represents a center-right platform that most conservatives can get on board with. He has what it takes to contrast with Barack Obama.

Most importantly, I believe he would install conservatives to the Supreme Court, which I firmly believe is the single-most important issue dangling in the balance in this next election, equal to that of the economy.

Liberals and Democrats have done their best to try to paint the guy as a leftist. After performing a bit of due diligence and research, I don't think he's left or far right. I think he's right where he needs to be to govern effectively in America.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
[quote=AeroGuyDC;24725071]
1) He's pro-American Exceptualism (Barack has made clear that he's not)
I don't think there is such thing as exceptualism in Obama's dictionary, or mine for that matter.
2) He's pro-Business (Barack has made clear he's not)
And when returns are guaranteed, bankruptcy is just fine! Goldman Sachs gets it!
3) He's pro-Defense (Barack has made clear he's a war-monger)
Yep, we need a lot more of that... except from insanity.
4) He's pro-Immigration Reform/Secure Borders (Barack has made clear he's not. What has he done to challenge the immigration system?)
Well, it is a good thing that he can appeal to the extreme right wingers.
5) He's pro-Life (Barack has made clear his personal stand on abortion while challenging those who find fault in abortion/PP)
Of course. He is a Mormon! Not only as a believer, but also as a missionary, so that is something expected! Anti-choice it is.
6) He's pro-Constitution (Obamacare will be struck down. Some "Constitutional Scholar" we have in office.)
The right wing version of it anyway.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Personally, I believe Romney is a very good Republican candidate. I don't view him the lesser of two evils in the slightest.
Sure. Many fully support him. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,217,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It'd certainly be a step up from Romney

A box turtle is head and shoulders above Obama.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Is Mitt Romney really a Conservative?

Most people will say no. Yet, a great number of people who call themselves Conservatives are intending to vote for him anyhow.

Why? Are you a Conservative committed to Conservative principles, or are you not?

Lesser of 2 evils. Same reason I voted for mccant , J.Kerry and dumb dubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections