Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,941,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean like Reagan did?
Unfortunately for you, this election wiill not take place in the world of 1984 that probably just plain wouldn't have voted for a black guy. The map's very different now, chief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 12:35 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Its really a toss up, and the indicating factor will be if he can get out the vote. I wonder how many Democrats are so fed up, that they simply will stay home, while Republicans I bet are far more motivated to vote out the incompetent fool.
Sorry love but we are ACTIVELY campaigning for President Obama's re-election.

Signing up new democrats each and every day at all of the local colleges and universities. Donating to the numerous Superpacs. Calling and doorknocking to get out the vote. Busy busy busy!!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Unfortunately for you, this election wiill not take place in the world of 1984 that probably just plain wouldn't have voted for a black guy. The map's very different now, chief.
So this would mean even a larger landslide than reagan, since we all hate black people right? I'm so tired of hearing this left wing racist crap, but keep it up.. it shows you have nothing of substance to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry love but we are ACTIVELY campaigning for President Obama's re-election.

Signing up new democrats each and every day at all of the local colleges and universities. Donating to the numerous Superpacs. Calling and doorknocking to get out the vote. Busy busy busy!!
Yeah, good for you, but we forum posters dont represent most americans.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
I can't believe you are referencing an election that took place 32 years ago.

Maybe I should reference the Roosevelt - Willkie race where Willke lost 85% of the electoral college vote.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:09 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,024,708 times
Quote:
Its really a toss up, and the indicating factor will be if he can get out the vote. I wonder how many Democrats are so fed up, that they simply will stay home, while Republicans I bet are far more motivated to vote out the incompetent fool.
They won't stay in. Just like Clark Park says under your post about Republicans voting for Romney even though many would have preferred a different candidate, Democrats will be out to vote just to keep Romney out.

These days it's not how much you like your parties candidate, its how much you dislike the other parties.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:13 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
When he wins, what is he going to do; more of the same? You might want to be thinking about what kind of country you will be living in.

Neither person running is worth a hill of beans. We need an alternative to vote for.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Quote:
Then explain the recent polls..

you mean one poll that says Romney leading in Michigan? almost all the polls show Obama ahead in the toss up states. Even a two point lead is big because typically going into an election, a candidate ahead by a couple points usually still wins.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:23 AM

By the way its unbelievable that some people would want to see the economy crash to get Obama out of office. To me it reveals that it isn't about the economy to these people. They just don't like Obama. Even if he created 10 million jobs and the unemployment rate dipped big time, they'd still want him out.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:29 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
From the OP:

cnn's poll of polls.

Is this a joke?

Actually, I think Obam probably will beat Romney. Romney is a pitiful sack of crap. Since he seems to be the best Repubs can come up with, they deserve to lose. It's future generations that will suffer if Obama wins.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
This is not the election of 1980. The country and its demographic makeup is different now. Also Romney is no Ronald Reagan. Reagan was inspirational and people wanted to vote for him. Repubs are holding their nose to vote for Romney. I remember when you thought McCain was going to win in 2008 and you see how that turned out. Wanting Romney to win is not going to make him win.

By September of 1980, heading into his contest with Ronald Reagan, Carter’s approval rating with members of his own party was only 61%.
Obama’s approval rating among Democrats is now a much more robust 78%. And that is the same percentage of support among Democrats that President Bill Clinton had at this point in 1995 and Clinton got re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections