Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,127,629 times

Advertisements

Not racist, just stupid.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM

20,479 posts, read 12,402,260 times
Here is the quote from Romney.

"And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," Romney said, citing an innovative business climate, the Jewish history of thriving in difficult circumstances and the "hand of providence."

I see nothing racist in that. It is a factual statement about the Israeli nation.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM

20,479 posts, read 12,402,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Yes it was racist and a scum bag like comment. The reason the Palestinian people make much less is because they are to worried about being murdered in their concentration camp like existence in Gaza and West Bank.

This is utterly false!

The reason the Palestinians cannot break free from occupation is they are too worried about killing Israelis and ending Israel as a nation-state.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 AM

441 posts, read 501,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I agree he would have been smart to leave out the stabs at Palesinians and stick to praising the Israelis. I just don't see the point in trying to point out the negatives in others, as there is nothing to gain. I don't think the Israelis like him any more or less when he trashed Palestinians. Like I said, - there is no gain, only loss. Poor diplomacy. He earned and is still earning the 'Mitt the Twit" and "American Borat" nicknames and he not even done yet. He is goint to poland tomorrow.
He's trying to appeal to the Jewish vote in Florida.. not in Israel. He thinks his pandering will convince a bunch of little old ladies in Boca Raton to hand him that swing-state.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 AM

756 posts, read 715,287 times
LOL ... Shady Mitt is such a f'n buffoon.

Must've been what his puppet master (Adelson) wanted him to say...

Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM

1,403 posts, read 938,828 times
Yes I am sure ALL of the Palestinian people kill israeli's. It wasn't Israel's land to begin with it was stolen out from under the Palestinian people by the UN and the British so the Jews would have somewhere to go. But its "anti semitic" to say anything bad about that. You take away everything a people have and they have nothing left to live for. Believe it or not 1 day and I figure within my lifetime Israel will cease to exist as a nation either through war or the Arabs out breeding them. I mean what moron thought it was a good idea to create a nation in the middle of numerous Arab nations in the first place?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Yes it was racist and a scum bag like comment. The reason the Palestinian people make much less is because they are to worried about being murdered in their concentration camp like existence in Gaza and West Bank.
The sad thing is that palestinian leadership is probably more likely to be killed by a rival than by Israel.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,803 times
Oh good grief. I can guess how many posters will come to Mittens' defense:

"Romney was just truth-telling!"

"The Israelis ARE superior!"

"Romney's the kind of leader we need! The president needs to be honest, not tactful, diplomatic, or respectful! Diplomacy is for suckerz!!!"

Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM

1,403 posts, read 938,828 times
Unfortunately yes that's true. Once they unite under one banner of freedom for Palestine and Palestinians MAYBE they will accomplish something.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is the quote from Romney.

"And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," Romney said, citing an innovative business climate, the Jewish history of thriving in difficult circumstances and the "hand of providence."

I see nothing racist in that. It is a factual statement about the Israeli nation.
No, the above is not racist, but then again, that is not the quote in question. We are talking about him highlighting the low incomes of the Palestinians.

But I think even that was not racist, just dumb and horrible diplomacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections