Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yes, I want the wealthy to pay more. They take more from society. It costs a lot more to protect Willard's 12 mil house than it does my far more modest abode. Willard's welcome to spend his money on a dancing horse. But if he's going to argue my taxes should subsidize his horsey then I get a say in the matter.

Poor picked on Mitt. He's running for president and the peons dare express their thoughts about his candidacy!
This is "Elizabeth Warren speak." Pure clap-trap! Does Romney pay property taxes? You bet he does. Property taxes, as well as sales and other local taxes go to pay for fire protection, police, etc.

Even in our area, there is a line item on my tax bill that is for the local Fire Department.

I'm sure Romney also pays taxes to the local school district.

So, what does Romney take from society? Please tell us. I'm waiting.

You, missy, do not subsidize his 'horsey'!

Get over your class envy! It's disgusting, frankly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
"They pay nothing because Mittens and his cronies pushed down their wages. Wages have been stagnant for over a decade. Why? At least partially because Mittens and his cronies have done all they can to break unions, push down wages, demand concessions from workers, steal their pensions and bring in illegals for us to support. "

The fact is that the American people have brought this upon themselves to a certain extent. We all want 60 inch flat screened TV's and drive a brand new vehicle. Of course, most can't afford those things if they were made here in the USA, so we send off the manufacturing to a third world country so Bubba can sit in a brand new recliner for $299.

Of course, if we ever flipped and started manufacturing here in the USA again, the Libs would start complaining that its not fair that only the top 10% can afford luxury items.

Don't blame Mitt Romney, it shows up as ignorance.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 AM

Default Utter stupidity

Quote:
Oh god this explains so much about Republican thinking.

You realize that Romney lives in a low crime area BECAUSE HE GETS MORE POLICE PROTECTION? Or that it costs more to protect his all stuff and his land than it does to protect my little home? That without such protection people would steal his stuff?

Nah. You'll never understand that fact.
Ever hear of property tax? Does property tax pay for police and fire protection? Does Romney pay more for it? I'll bet he pays far more than you do.

I'll go out on a limb here too... I'll bet the police and fire protection you get is equally as good as what Romney gets.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm not a republican, but whatever....keep it up with the partisan personal attacks since they make your argument much weaker, I appreciate the help.

I'd like to see whatever statistics you have that show that more money is spent on police protection for Romney's neighborhood as compared to some high crime areas. And BTW, unless you live in the same state as Romney, your tax money does not get spent on police and fire for him...federal funds do not pay for state/local police and fire.
Perhaps she doesn't own property, and therefore doesn't know that property taxes pay not only for schools, but police, fire, and other services as may be authorized by the voters. Is it possible to be so ignorant?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Man are Lefties mean spirited and just plain out angry ass people. No wonder all Lefty women look so damn haggard, all the misery and strife they carry with them is doing a number on them!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Default Leftist gobbledygook!

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure that Romney's neighborhood is only safe because of Romney's magical superhero powers and not because the police make sure that the common folk get nowhere near his estate. And I'm equally sure that no federal funds are ever spent on the military so that no foreign governments don't invade and take his house.

Yup.
Yup. Elizabeth Warren clap-trap. Almost verbatim. "... so that no foreing governments ... invade and take [your] house."

Close enough, may not be exact.

Sorry, this is just plain gobbledygook.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So no stats or facts on the police spending to back up your claim?

And foreign governments attacking Romney's house is just a ridiculous argument....federal funds protect the entire US from coast to coast, not some special land mass with just the rich on it. ANY attack by a foreign government on US soil would be an enormous negative regardless of what income segment is hit...foolish argument at best.
She's getting this garbage right from Elizabeth Warren's (D-MA) lips.

Here is more Elizabeth Warren clap-trap:
Quote:
"But I want to be clear: You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did."
This is specious on its face. It's an attempt to make people believe that business do not pay for these services. But businesses pay property taxes, use taxes, and when they ship their goods over the road, the freight fees they pay include taxes that the freight line must pay for the use of the highways.

What is so egregious about these claims is that they seem true. But they are damnable lies! This is the left.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM

Default Obamaloney Baloney!

Quote:
The more stuff you have the more need protection to keep it. I realize this basic fact is hard for a Republican to understand but do try to keep up, please. If the government gets attacked I lose a bit. I don't lose my twelve million dollar house and my 200 million dollar fortune. That's why Romney and his ilk should pay more: they get more from the government and they lose more if it topples.
This is such Baloney! Besides, Romney does pay more, much more, and a large hunk more than you do!

I'll bet you pay ZERO!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Default Hypocrites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did you pay 5 million dollars? Are you equally critical of folks like Reed, Pelosi, Kerry, Wrangal who was caught cheating on his taxes and drives a caddy on the tax payers dime?
Or
Is your scorn only for one side?
When your beloved Dems had the super majority why didnt they change this? It might bbe because they dont mind taking advantage of the same tax laws that Romney does.
There are more rich Democrats than Republicans. These people are such hypocrites!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. When Staples arrived here, the 3 local office suppliers I used for years all went out of business within 18 months. At one time, one was a very thriving regional business with 2 branch stores in other cities in the area.
Maybe they should have called Bain.

This is ridiculous. If Bain ended up having to close a company then Romney is criticized because people lost jobs. If Bain was wildly successful with a company, then Romney is criticized because people in other businesses lost jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections