Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Maybe they should have called Bain.

This is ridiculous. If Bain ended up having to close a company then Romney is criticized because people lost jobs. If Bain was wildly successful with a company, then Romney is criticized because people in other businesses lost jobs.
There's a difference between "closing a company" and "Takeing over a company, gaining huge amounts of debt via loans, taking your profits, then bankrupting the company". Conservatives want us to believe Mitt was some kind of beneficient angel-man. A jobs fairy, if you will.

Note - foul language - explains how it works, though.
"Doesn't matter, it's all profit. Finally there's nothing left, you bust the joint out. You light a match."

Goodfellas Restaurant Scene - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Note - foul language - explains how it works, though.
You really think Staples got so wildy successful and profitable because they were hijacking 18 wheelers and selling things for whatever? Just stop... This is why no one takes you seriously.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, they really need to stop that crap. What they need is more threads, like this one, which is full of AWESOME.

How old are you...lol? This thread is full of something, but I don't think AWESOME would describe it.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
I knew there was a good reason why I never shop at Staples. Although their clueless clerks, who always seem like a cross between zombies and bible salesmen, are usually kinda reason enuff!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Amazing all the dumbasses that made Staples so successful which in turn drove local office product companies out of business. Who are these loathsome bottomfeeders always looking for the best deal to the detriment of their local businesses? How many liberal Obamabot voting leftists you think shop at Staples? Guess? Most of them and if not there Wal Mart.

So get in your 70's Ford and ride....

Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You really think Staples got so wildy successful and profitable because they were hijacking 18 wheelers and selling things for whatever? Just stop... This is why no one takes you seriously.
No, I was explaining how vulture capitalism works via a video. Being unable to understand that is why no one takes you seriously. Woah, those are the same words you used. Guess no one will take either of us seriously now.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You don't think it takes a lot to guard Mitt's huge fortune? Both parties suck on this issue. But the Dems aren't running a candidate who firmly believes that he and his fellow overpaid cronies should be able to suck all the money out of the economy and pass the costs of their society on to people like me. The Dems aren't the ones whining that the guy who care barely afford to feed his family because he's been laid off so Mitt can make more money does not pay enough in taxes.

It must be interesting being okay with the notion that if you make more money you're a better person than other people. How do you feel about drug dealers? Mafia members? Are they successful because they have money?

If you don't want you opinion debated don't put it in a debate forum. Then again Mitt's whining that people are daring to ask him about taxes when he's demanding the right to make decisions about taxes so I suppose it rubs off on anyone defending him.

We're not discussing the Dems. We're discussing the Republican nominee for president. When Kerry or Pelosi runs for president then we'll discuss them. They're almost as beholden to the rich as the Reps are. But we're not discussing them. We're discussing the Republican presidential nominee and his belief that I should pay a higher tax rate than he does.

The fact that some many Republicans feel the fundamental need to defend this unfairness is again why I am not now nor ever will be a Republican.
Please show me where the US government is protecting Romneys assets any more than yours or mine.
Now you claim because he has property in a low crime area that he some how gets more police protection. Post links and facts to support your claim. As I said I live in a low crime area, surrounded by some pretty substantial properties. We have 1 full time cop and 1 volunteer fire dept.
How does it cost more ?
Suck all the money out of the economy? Romney as an individual has put more cash into the economy than his opponent you, me and a good many others combined.

The tax issue. Given the white houses habit of releasing state secrets ay will I am 100% sure that if they had dirt on Romney we would have seen a leak by now. What troubles me is in a nation of innocent until proven guilty people are demanding proof of innocence. If I were Romney I would release the tax records the last week of Oct. Let's be honest. You are more concerned with finding fault than actual facts.
Pelosi, Kerrty and especially Reid are relevant to the discussion. As elected reps they are pointing fingers at Romeny and should be in the same spot light.
Your hatred of anyone who has more than you is self evident. You blame the wealthy for the bad economy when you should be blaming those who actually control it. For the last 3 years that is Obama and company.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
You are defending idiotic Republican policies.

I don't define success as someone who does nothing but make a lot of money.

I want Romney and his fellow greedy little creeps to pay a higher tax rate than I do because they use more societal resources than I do. So do most Americans. Most people who don't pay income taxes don't pay them because they are working for very little pay so the Romneys of the world can afford to pay for their dancing horses.

The Romneys of this world can't have it both ways. They can't demand a society in which they take most of the money, refuse to financially support that society and then complain that the rest of us object to their actions.

Romney's greed and belief that the rest of us should pay his taxes for him will not make for the kind of place most of us will like living in.
Honey, you appear to want it both ways. You want greedy creeps to pay more because they use more resources, yet you don't expect those that pay NOTHING to pay more even though they use more resources.

You libs are showing over and over your complete and utter ignorance with regards to the free market. Romney did not TAKE money, he earned it. He does not refuse to support society - I believe he's paid PLENTY of taxes that benefit society. He does not demand we pay his taxes for him, he pays plenty himself.

If this wasn't so horrifying, it would be quite entertaining....

Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I paid a higher tax rate than Romney did like many Americans. I'm completely disgusted I live in a society where this is acceptable to the Republican presidential candidate and his unthinking minions.
NO YOU DID NOT. You paid a different TYPE of tax.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Are you conservatives really this delusional? Really?

Mitt lives in a heavily guarded area with well paid cops. Burglars can't get near his home because they'll be arrested five seconds later. This is why rich areas are so safe: well paid paid police on constant patrol.

He and his ilk don't steal directly because they get away with legalized stealing all the time. Witness how he pays a lower tax rate than I do! I can't contribute more than a certain amount to my retirement account tax free but somehow the IRS let Mitt shield a hundred million bucks in his account! My accountant would report me to the authorities if I tried that.
The average salary for a police officer where Romney lives is $43,000. The average salary for a police officer in Chicago (high crime area) is $75,000. Now, what exactly were you saying about high paid police?

I know exactly where Romney lives, and there are no guards there. The real reason his area is so safe is because most of the people that live there are working. They don't have time to go around breaking into people's houses. They also value their belongings, since they PAID for them, so they have a vested interest in keeping them secure. Unlike the welfare scum that can just get more from Obama's stash.

Your wild accusations are quite humorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections