Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But he creates jobs...............for workers in China.

Amazing that millions of poor white trash will line up to vote for him. I wonder how many will be holding their nose when doing so? If anyone deserves minimum wage and no healthcare benefits, it's those folks.
I didnt realize Staples was based in China.. Can you back this up, or do you just run around posting stupid things for the humor of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh god this explains so much about Republican thinking.

You realize that Romney lives in a low crime area BECAUSE HE GETS MORE POLICE PROTECTION? Or that it costs more to protect his all stuff and his land than it does to protect my little home? That without such protection people would steal his stuff?

Nah. You'll never understand that fact.
Must be something in the water.
I live in a low crime area too. We have 1 full time cop. 1 Volunteer fire dept. I maintain the road my house is on.
I am 100% sure I don't get more protection, services than the average city dweller.So what did Romney's city do? Put police station on his property? A fire department too?
You do know that the wealthiest members in congress are democrats right? Do you condemn them equally or is it reserved for only one side?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt realize Staples was based in China.. Can you back this up, or do you just run around posting stupid things for the humor of it?
I love small hardware stores. I prefer them over any lowes or Home depot. The fact is that mom and pop shops can not compete with any large store.
Staples may put small shops out of business, but how? Why do shoppers switch? They switch because Staples can offer things the small shops can't. 1 stop shopping for all office supplies. They deliver and they provide excellent service. Unlike Walmart they also provide name brand high quality items. The comparrison to walmart is as inaccurate as comparing an MD to back alley abortionist.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I've already told you that I'm not a Republican, so how about YOU try and keep up?

And as I said, Romney and his "ilk" (sorry you hate people that are successful in life) do pay more because if they pay the same % as you and I, whatever that percent is, is most certainly going to be a much larger dollar figure than what you and I pay...probably combined. How much more do you want from them? What about the people that pay no income taxes? By your logic, they are a drain on society because they are using up more resources than they pay for. You cant have it both ways.
You are defending idiotic Republican policies.

I don't define success as someone who does nothing but make a lot of money.

I want Romney and his fellow greedy little creeps to pay a higher tax rate than I do because they use more societal resources than I do. So do most Americans. Most people who don't pay income taxes don't pay them because they are working for very little pay so the Romneys of the world can afford to pay for their dancing horses.

The Romneys of this world can't have it both ways. They can't demand a society in which they take most of the money, refuse to financially support that society and then complain that the rest of us object to their actions.

Romney's greed and belief that the rest of us should pay his taxes for him will not make for the kind of place most of us will like living in.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
define too little? 1 million? 5 million? How much did you pay? I doubt any where near what he did. You must be completely disgusted with yoruself.
I paid a higher tax rate than Romney did like many Americans. I'm completely disgusted I live in a society where this is acceptable to the Republican presidential candidate and his unthinking minions.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You are defending idiotic Republican policies.

I don't define success as someone who does nothing but make a lot of money.

I want Romney and his fellow greedy little creeps to pay a higher tax rate than I do because they use more societal resources than I do. So do most Americans. Most people who don't pay income taxes don't pay them because they are working for very little pay so the Romneys of the world can afford to pay for their dancing horses.

The Romneys of this world can't have it both ways. They can't demand a society in which they take most of the money, refuse to financially support that society and then complain that the rest of us object to their actions.

Romney's greed and belief that the rest of us should pay his taxes for him will not make for the kind of place most of us will like living in.
How does someone use 5 million dollars of Societal resourses?
I would say those folks living in low income houseing, who dont even have to cut the grass or clear the snow use up more than I do.
I ask again. You do know that the wealthiest members of congress are dems? Are you equally critical of them?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
Let Office Max get its fair share. Come on now.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
I paid a higher tax rate than Romney did like many Americans. I'm completely disgusted I live in a society where this is acceptable to the Republican presidential candidate and his unthinking minions.
And I'm completely disgusted that because your opinion differs from mine that you think you are somehow better than me and that I must be "unthinking" and somehow brainwashed. It must be interesting walking around knowing that you are smarter than everyone and so much better than everyone....good luck with that.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Did you pay 5 million dollars? Are you equally critical of folks like Reed, Pelosi, Kerry, Wrangal who was caught cheating on his taxes and drives a caddy on the tax payers dime?
Or
Is your scorn only for one side?
When your beloved Dems had the super majority why didnt they change this? It might bbe because they dont mind taking advantage of the same tax laws that Romney does.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh bull crap. He lives in a low crime area because people where he lives doesnt have a need to run around and burglarize other peoples homes.

All you are doing is making things up, and they arent even good lies at that..
Are you conservatives really this delusional? Really?

Mitt lives in a heavily guarded area with well paid cops. Burglars can't get near his home because they'll be arrested five seconds later. This is why rich areas are so safe: well paid paid police on constant patrol.

He and his ilk don't steal directly because they get away with legalized stealing all the time. Witness how he pays a lower tax rate than I do! I can't contribute more than a certain amount to my retirement account tax free but somehow the IRS let Mitt shield a hundred million bucks in his account! My accountant would report me to the authorities if I tried that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections