Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
What's laughable is the notion of Romney as a credible political candidate. Creeps like him who pay too little in taxes and spend their lives looking for ways to add to their already insane hoard of money are what is wrong with America.
define too little? 1 million? 5 million? How much did you pay? I doubt any where near what he did. You must be completely disgusted with yoruself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times
Uh; Staples, Wal Mart and so on DON'T do boo; it's PEOPLE who shop there. Sheesh!

1 thing I've noticed is some: NOT all, small businesses DO have an "attitude" so I'd go to Wal Mart to get better service if burned by a Mom and Pop.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,162,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
That outta take care of that for awhile
I'm a Liberal, attacking Romney for this is wrong, the business world is competitive and arguing one cannot compete with large companies is also wrong, did those smaller companies do anything to lower the cost of supplies to them ?
Or did they stay separated totally and get hung one by one ?

Large companies do get fat and lazy with huge overheads then one can grab a chunk of their business by being lean and efficient.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:39 PM

511 posts, read 492,249 times
Quote:
Why? Because he thinks it is? Historically his kind has paid much higher tax rates than they do today. The economy grew and people's living standards went up during those times.

I'm not a greedy little man like he is. I understand that taxes are the price you pay for a civilized society. What a pity he wants our highest office yet sees no problem that so many Americans pay a lower tax rate than he does!

Oh no it isn't. He only got to make it because of things like infrastructure and the education of workers that others helped pay for. Republicans are complete liars when they imply otherwise.

I want really rich people to pay their fair share. As a Republican you want me to pay more so that Romney can pay less. Republicans have no problem with a handful of people earning so much money they can't even spend it. Worse with arguing that local teacher should pay more to make up the difference.

You guys are the ones who got us into two costly wars and then handed tax cuts to the really greedy. Romney pays a lower tax rate because he has enough money to bribe Republican pols into going along with that.

Tax rates should go up on the Romneys of the world. They serve no purpose at all other than to steal money from most workers and spend it on dancing horses.

Oh my God...this has to be a Saturday Night Live writer!!!!! LMFAO
Nobody is really this goofy.

You had me going there for a few minutes.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times
Quote:
What's laughable is the notion of Romney as a credible political candidate. Creeps like him who pay too little in taxes and spend their lives looking for ways to add to their already insane hoard of money are what is wrong with America.
But he creates jobs...............for workers in China.

Amazing that millions of poor white trash will line up to vote for him. I wonder how many will be holding their nose when doing so? If anyone deserves minimum wage and no healthcare benefits, it's those folks.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:53 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,965,920 times
Quote:
Yes, I want the wealthy to pay more. They take more from society. It costs a lot more to protect Willard's 12 mil house than it does my far more modest abode. Willard's welcome to spend his money on a dancing horse. But if he's going to argue my taxes should subsidize his horsey then I get a say in the matter.
This could be the dumbest post I've come across on CD this week. Good job!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,618,914 times
Quote:
What I think is supposed to happen?

I think people like Romney should pay a higher tax rate than I do. I think investment bankers are leeches who are aren't fit to wipe the boots of a fireman. I think that someone running for public office on his tax policies should release his tax returns. I think we need a country that treats ordinary working people fairly instead of insisting they subsidize the Romneys of this world.

That's why I'm not a Republican. That's what I think.
^yes.

the GOP is now a party of fascists who will do anything for the 1%. The rest of us, meaning ALL Americans, unions, teachers, public and private sector employees, and any people who aren't billionaires, can all be damned.

Anyone not seeing this is either

A. A multi-billionaire like the Koch Bros.

or
B. brain-dead, or a victim of home-schooling and a very poor education.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Oh god this explains so much about Republican thinking.

You realize that Romney lives in a low crime area BECAUSE HE GETS MORE POLICE PROTECTION? Or that it costs more to protect his all stuff and his land than it does to protect my little home? That without such protection people would steal his stuff?

Nah. You'll never understand that fact.
Oh bull crap. He lives in a low crime area because people where he lives doesnt have a need to run around and burglarize other peoples homes.

All you are doing is making things up, and they arent even good lies at that..

Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
I can't rep ya anymore Eleanor. Go!
Now we know who the goof balls are reputating stupidity.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,618,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You need to re-read the last 100 threads you started, and then seriously consider seeking professional help. You spend 24/7 spreading hate.. It's not healthy, and Mitt and I worry about the health of all Americans, even those like yourself who would vote to re-elect a communist...

By far the most bizarre post in 7 years I have seen on CD.
And that is saying ALOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections