Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,994,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh god this explains so much about Republican thinking.

You realize that Romney lives in a low crime area BECAUSE HE GETS MORE POLICE PROTECTION? Or that it costs more to protect his all stuff and his land than it does to protect my little home? That without such protection people would steal his stuff?

Nah. You'll never understand that fact.
I'm not a republican, but whatever....keep it up with the partisan personal attacks since they make your argument much weaker, I appreciate the help.

I'd like to see whatever statistics you have that show that more money is spent on police protection for Romney's neighborhood as compared to some high crime areas. And BTW, unless you live in the same state as Romney, your tax money does not get spent on police and fire for him...federal funds do not pay for state/local police and fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
F40

826 posts, read 858,725 times
I can't rep ya anymore Eleanor. Go!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm not a republican, but whatever....keep it up with the partisan personal attacks since they make your argument much weaker, I appreciate the help.

I'd like to see whatever statistics you have that show that more money is spent on police protection for Romney's neighborhood as compared to some high crime areas. And BTW, unless you live in the same state as Romney, your tax money does not get spent on police and fire for him...federal funds do not pay for state/local police and fire.
Yeah I'm sure that Romney's neighborhood is only safe because of Romney's magical superhero powers and not because the police make sure that the common folk get nowhere near his estate. And I'm equally sure that no federal funds are ever spent on the military so that no foreign governments don't invade and take his house.

Yup.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure that Romney's neighborhood is only safe because of Romney's magical superhero powers and not because the police make sure that the common folk get nowhere near his estate. And I'm equally sure that no federal funds are ever spent on the military so that no foreign governments don't invade and take his house.

Yup.
So no stats or facts on the police spending to back up your claim?

And foreign governments attacking Romney's house is just a ridiculous argument....federal funds protect the entire US from coast to coast, not some special land mass with just the rich on it. ANY attack by a foreign government on US soil would be an enormous negative regardless of what income segment is hit...foolish argument at best.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:52 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So no stats or facts on the police spending to back up your claim?

And foreign governments attacking Romney's house is just a ridiculous argument....federal funds protect the entire US from coast to coast, not some special land mass with just the rich on it. ANY attack by a foreign government on US soil would be an enormous negative regardless of what income segment is hit...foolish argument at best.
The more stuff you have the more need protection to keep it. I realize this basic fact is hard for a Republican to understand but do try to keep up, please. If the government gets attacked I lose a bit. I don't lose my twelve million dollar house and my 200 million dollar fortune. That's why Romney and his ilk should pay more: they get more from the government and they lose more if it topples.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,431,154 times
Obama never really created jobs either, then. Any politician for that matter.

Given that with very few exceptions, every child born needs to work after childhood, I could argue that only parents create "jobs". Every child born is a future job in waiting.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
The more stuff you have the more need protection to keep it. I realize this basic fact is hard for a Republican to understand but do try to keep up, please. If the government gets attacked I lose a bit. I don't lose my twelve million dollar house and my 200 million dollar fortune. That's why Romney and his ilk should pay more: they get more from the government and they lose more if it topples.
I've already told you that I'm not a Republican, so how about YOU try and keep up?

And as I said, Romney and his "ilk" (sorry you hate people that are successful in life) do pay more because if they pay the same % as you and I, whatever that percent is, is most certainly going to be a much larger dollar figure than what you and I pay...probably combined. How much more do you want from them? What about the people that pay no income taxes? By your logic, they are a drain on society because they are using up more resources than they pay for. You cant have it both ways.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:54 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,147,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me how you think its supposed to happen? People like Romney should open up stores like Staples, and when they make enough money, shut them all down, putting people out of work so the next guy can come along and rebuild?
Yeah, I thought that liberals were all about "progress," but when it comes to business, efficiency, productivity, etc., they want to stay in the stone age. They're too naive to understand that if all those little mom and pop shops served every one of their needs, their cost of living would increase dramatically...

Hey liberals - you don't like Staples (or Wal*Mart, or <insert big corporation name here>)? Come up with a better business model and execute that idea. Until you do that, quit your whining.

Don't forget - Staples will be having their back-to-school sale soon!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,147,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Guess I was wrong.
You always are.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,849,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You need to re-read the last 100 threads you started, and then seriously consider seeking professional help. You spend 24/7 spreading hate.. It's not healthy, and Mitt and I worry about the health of all Americans, even those like yourself who would vote to re-elect a communist...
The last thead I started was about harvesting Dandelions. You think I need help? I think someone that thinks I hate Dandelions needs help. As for hate, I see you attacking the messenger, but not the message. Yeah. Guess that's all you got. A Big Bag of Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections