Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,488,622 times

Advertisements

They should have allowed him to speak, and then Ryan could have answered him.

But, he was full of spit and vinegar and started shouting out loud.

No meaningful discourse could be had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,544,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
So what's the deal? I watched the video and this is a big deal why? Because Ryan cracked a joke to try and lighten the mood? Has anyone seen Joe's video in front of African Americans saying" They will put you in chains" as well as having a southern accent ( which was a nice touch).
Lighten the mood about someone who punked him on the "entititlement" crap?
Give it up Repukes, SSN and Medicare, are not and have never been entitlement programs, it's a Repuke talking point coined in the last 4 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Paul Ryan laughs while elderly man tackled to the ground for exercising his 1st amendment rights.-entitlements.jpg  

Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Ryan should be jailed for this action.

It's a crime to be in the same room with someone that went off the deep end in public.

Geez Ryan, step down from the ticket.

NOT!

C'mon democrats - please debate issues...we're getting tired of Youtube video clips.
If the old man had been a Repug and the candidate had been Biden you righties would be scream that the man was denied his rights, YOU, know it, I know it, and so does EVERYONE else here.

Clue, it is an issue when a candidate for one of the highest offices in our Nation thinks so little of the rights of its citizens, and had the positions been reversed you would be saying the same thing. The character of a person running for public office IS an issue.

As for YouTube, I see more videos posted by righties than lefties so take your whine to those of your ilk.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,925,422 times
Ryan actually made it much less likely Romney would win. In trade is now predicting a 75% chance of an Obama/Biden victory so there are going to be a lot of tears in Republicanville. There map is pretty good though the latest polls do show one change needs to be made over the Intrade prediction, can you see it?

2012 Electoral Map - The Intrade Forecast 08/17/2012

The big mistake in their prediction is that they have Florida slightly going Romney where as now Florida shows it is slightly going Obama just because so many seniors are outraged Romney picked the kill medicare guy. They know Romney/Ryan want to kill medicare, that's why Romney has spent the last week lying about Obama and medicare, Ryan is going to cost Romney Florida though judging by the map Romney would have lost any way even without Florida so it's going to be something of a moderate landslide.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 PM

63,154 posts, read 29,323,023 times
What is odd is this 71 year old man literally sceaming about his SS and Medicare being cut when Ryan has made it clear that any changes to those programs would only affect those 55 and under. Either this guy is clueless or he is a Democrat plant. Either way he was being rude. He could have waited till the end of Ryan's speech to ask questions or complain.

I am a Republican but I hold our group just as accountable when they demonstrate this type of rudeness.

As for Ryan laughing anyone with half a brain could see he was just trying to lighten the moment under very uncomfortable circumstances for the guests.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ryan actually made it much less likely Romney would win. In trade is now predicting a 75% chance of an Obama/Biden victory so there are going to be a lot of tears in Republicanville. There map is pretty good though the latest polls do show one change needs to be made over the Intrade prediction, can you see it?

2012 Electoral Map - The Intrade Forecast 08/17/2012

The big mistake in their prediction is that they have Florida slightly going Romney where as now Florida shows it is slightly going Obama just because so many seniors are outraged Romney picked the kill medicare guy. They know Romney/Ryan want to kill medicare, that's why Romney has spent the last week lying about Obama and medicare, Ryan is going to cost Romney Florida though judging by the map Romney would have lost any way even without Florida so it's going to be something of a moderate landslide.
What are you talking about? Many like myself were not big fans of Romney. He is hardly a "conservative". At least adding somebody to the party like Ryan who makes sense is a big plus in my eyes. I would have voted ABB anyway as there was no other choice but with Ryan it makes me actually be able to not hold my nose while voting. I'm sure many others agree. Add in the fact it has sent the left scrambling like roaches when the lights come on and it looks like they are thinking the same thing.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,380,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
your ilk.
Don't demote me to your level.......

Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,481,065 times
I don't know if this has yet been pointed out by anyone in seven pages... But the first amendment does not actually give you the right to heckle and disrupt a town hall. It seems like hardly anyone even knows what the hell it says anymore; they just presume it means that you can do or say anything, anywhere, at any time without any consequence.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Don't demote me to your level.......
Just so ya know, the direction you would travel would be upward, but then again the righties such as you always want to go backwards to some fantasy world that never existed.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM

63,154 posts, read 29,323,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just so ya know, the direction you would travel would be upward, but then again the righties such as you always want to go backwards to some fantasy world that never existed.
No, what the fact is, is that you lefties are running from the truth because you can't stand the truth. We never lived in a fantasy world. We lived in the real world and that is what you are running from because it doesn't fit with your fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections