Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Dems are playing the race card because they can't talk about Obama's record - it is too depressing.
Depressing? No one can ever fix what those good ole bush boys did the economy in one term . They caused us to loose billions . Wars could have been avoided if pride was set aside and a personal debt paid .

Give the man a chance for Christ Sake
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,062,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Calling her an animal.
Is not inherently racist, no matter what the colour.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,113,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't the republican love just so wonderful?

Republican National Convention attendee given boot for racially taunting black CNN camerawoman - NY Daily News

"An attendee at the Republican National Convention was given the boot Tuesday for racially taunting a black CNN camerawoman, an incident the news network confirmed after it was reported on Twitter."
ok, be reasonable and be fair; you have no idea what happened: I don't care if this happened at a Republican convertion or a D convenstion, it is uncalled for but your jumping to conclusions is what causes rumors to fly, ncl;ingrenided we;penahappendep;penawv

Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,200,050 times
Quote:
Calling her an animal.
"Animal" is not a racially-bound insult.

If he had used a specific animal like "Ape" or "Monkey", I could see your claim. If it was bananas being thrown, I could see your claim.

Quote:
Certain names when sayed to black people are racist.
Not sure what you mean here. Are you stating that calling a black person an "animal" is different and/or worse than calling a white person an "animal"?

Quote:
For instance someone on here in another thread called Obama a ghetto goon. They then tried to say it was just a name but I know it was racist.
And I could see where you were coming from. This situation? I can't see it at all.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:18 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,324,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why don't you wait for more information, like the names of these people so they can be checked to see if they were actually RNC delegates or some DNC activist.
Why don't you just stick your head in the sand?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,489,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Why don't you just stick your head in the sand?
No thanks, I don't want to occupy the same space you are.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,490,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
[youtube]Alfonzo Rachel: Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats - YouTube[/url]
Oh great, so "wingnut-itis" is now spreading to black folks too! Although who knows, maybe that's actually a good thing, when everybody, black, white, green, whatever... can finally enjoy all the same freedoms, not only to be successful or become the POTUS.... but also to be totally screwed up, and believe in the same crazy mixed-up $hit that lotsa white folks do!

Yessir, now we're free at last, free at last... thank God Almighty, we're all free at last... to even be total nutters if we wanna be!!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,923,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
One of your more intelligent posts....

Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,400,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is this one of Harry Reid's invisible sources? How could the person be unidentified? Did you ever wonder about that? Prove to me there 1) was such a person and 2) the person wasn't a Democrat. All we need is a name to verify, right?
I think if there was a chance these two were Dems, or Dem plants, the RNC wouldn't have had to issue the statement deploring their behavior.

More troubling is, the lack (so far) of the whole story. Just who were these two? If they were reps from a state delegation, shouldn't that be said? We're they sent home, or just given a time-out?

But neither CNN or the RNC will ID the pair, or say anything at all about what went down. I can understand the RNC's reluctance: embarrassing incident, best keep the bad PR to a minimum.

But CNN??? They are supposed to be a NEWS organization. I know they bend over backwards to appear "impartial", but this is ridiculous.

I want the whole story. Even to be fair to the RNC, we need to know what happened. Mabe there are extenuating circumstances (somehow )

I'd like to see the victim herself tell us what happened.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,400,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ejected as they shouldve been.
Good point, and kudos to the Convention officers for taking swift action.

But I'd feel better if I knew these yahoos were sent packing, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections