Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,312,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am with you this. I do think former Emanuel Cleaver is a star. He over came the adversity of being a poor kid in a large family in Texas. They lived in an old chicken house out behind a regular house and slept sideways on the bed so all could sleep on a mattress. The coop had no glass windows either.
I don't know about Mr. Cleaver's life and what he overcame, but I disagree with the idea that he is a rising star within the Democratic party. He is 67 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, I clearly wrote that she won the nomination, just not with very many votes. So why are you asking me a question I already know based on saying she won the nomination? It is odd.

In terms of how hating black conservatives or wanting black people to blah, blah, blah.

All you have to do is look and compare the number of Democratic black elected officials to the number of Republicans. That says all that one needs to say about who thinks who is capable or not.

See the Democratic party nominates and gets elects far far far more black politicians than Republicans.

I know in your mind that means the Democratic party thinks black people are blah, blah, blah, but to sane people nominating and electing people means you don't think very negatively of their racial group.

The Republican party has tokens. There are dozens of black mayors who are Democrats. Some of them are the mayors of some of the largest cites in the nation.
These black elected Democratic mayors received 10's of THOUSANDS of votes not 861 like Mia Love(you do know that Mia isn't her given first name).

And few of them are considered stars. Most are completely unknown despite being mayors of very large American cities.

Let's see there are the mayors of Detroit, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Columbus, Jacksonville, Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland, Durham, Richmond, Shreveport, Baton Rogue, Cinncinati, Birmingham, Jackson, Sacramento, Newark, Denver, Alexandria, and many, many more.

With the exception of the Mayor of Newark and maybe Philadelphia, none of these mayors are considered stars. They are completely unremarkable, because there are dozens and dozens of elected black mayors who are Democrats.

The Republicans are so full of fail at fielding and electing black candidates that they are trying to highlight a woman who won an election in a town of 18,000 people because she is black. That is pandering, that is thinking little of black people.

I wish Mia Love all the best.
Nice post. And you make a great point. The GOP has one token black mayor of a town so small most people would have a hard time finding it on a map, but they use her as evidence of a thriving minority presence in their party.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,078,522 times
The Dems are playing the race card because they can't talk about Obama's record - it is too depressing.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,625,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Where is your proof that it was a reubplican....really, I'm being serious!
It most likely was a republican since they were at a REPUBLICAN convention throwing peanuts at the CNN camerwoman. I'm sure you would believe it was a Democrat if they were throwing peanuts at a FOX NEWS camerawoman at the DEMOCATIC convention.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:32 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,548,452 times
Lmao. no mention of this story on drudgereport.

Deny the racism
Deny the racism
Deny the racism

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,198,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Have you ever worked a political convention? Since 9-11?

Anybody within 1000 feet of that place had to be credentialed by the Republican Party and checked out by the secret service. There are tons of party workers, elected officials, contributors, spouses, and kids of delegates who would love to go to a convention, but can't get in. There ain't no way in hell a pass would be given to a trouble maker from the opposite party.

You can bet the rent money that there was a talking to by each state delegation chairman regarding behavior. TV cameras and reporters outnumber delegates. The delegates all know the whole world is watching.

Google is your friend. There are some great pics of the convention site.
Actually, the originating article is my friend. Note the statement I quoted earlier from the article. Here, I'll post it again:

Quote:
The identity of the attendee was not immediately known, and it was not clear whether the person was a delegate or just someone with a ticket to the convention center.
If it was possible to have "just someone with a ticket to the convention center", it means that this particular musical act/event wasn't private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Deny the racism
Deny the racism
Deny the racism
What part of the statement or actions do you feel is blatantly racist?

I don't find the guy's actions appropriate in the slightest, but I don't see how it is racism. Did he do it because she was black? Because she was a reporter? Because she was from CNN? Because he was jealous of her looks? Because he was drunk? There's just not enough evidence for me to be swayed in either direction - only that his actions meant that he was justly ejected from the event.

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. I just don't see it in this situation with the current amount of information released.

What is your take on it?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-29-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,625,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Dems are playing the race card because they can't talk about Obama's record - it is too depressing.
Tell your people to stop being racist.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:46 PM

36,694 posts, read 67,725,600 times
There is racism on both sides, just different. Republicans think(we) minorities are too lazy to work hard and Democrats think we're too stupid to make it without their help.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,485,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
There is racism on both sides, just different. Republicans think(we) minorities are too lazy to work hard and Democrats think we're too stupid to make it without their help.

Alfonzo Rachel: Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats - YouTube

Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,548,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Actually, the originating article is my friend. Note the statement I quoted earlier from the article. Here, I'll post it again:

If it was possible to have "just someone with a ticket to the convention center", it means that this particular musical act/event wasn't private.

What part of the statement or actions do you feel is blatantly racist?

I don't find the guy's actions appropriate in the slightest, but I don't see how it is racism. Did he do it because she was black? Because she was a reporter? Because she was from CNN? Because he was jealous of her looks? Because he was drunk? There's just not enough evidence for me to be swayed in either direction - only that his actions meant that he was justly ejected from the event.

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. I just don't see it in this situation with the current amount of information released.

What is your take on it?
Calling her an animal. Certain names when sayed to black people are racist. For instance someone on here in another thread called Obama a ghetto goon. They then tried to say it was just a name but I know it was racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections