Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:29 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,136,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Its not odd that bad black president gets in office and blacks are unemployed at almost 2times the rate of other races?
Huh? I don't understand your post. No it's not odd, if you actually looked at his policies and what he believed in before voting for him. He believes that businesses should be punished for their success, so of course he wants to make it harder for small businesses to start up, which in turn affect minorities disproportionately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 11:29 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,484,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
He was joking, can't *******s understand it was satire. He was really making fun of Democraps

An another thing, Beck told me to say "Robert Byrd" every time someone mentions racism.
I'm quite disheartened by the fact that American politics has become little more then sophomoric name calling.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,153,846 times
Quote:
Its not odd that bad black president gets in office and blacks are unemployed at almost 2times the rate of other races?
LOL So you are trying to imply that there is some conspiracy against blacks only because Obama won the election?

Wow. You do play victim. Not all blacks but plenty do. With an attitude like that, how do you get through life? Turn off the Al Sharptons of the world, stop listening to rich athletes or "celebrities", and knock off the victim hood. There is no stupid conspiracy against blacks.

Ive worked in places with minorities, including blacks, and not once did I see them treated unfairly or limited in job growth due to the color of their skin. Sure, it happens here and there, but dont act like its so wide spread or there is a conspiracy.

Thinking like that only holds you back, no matter who you are or what color you are. Knock that stupid crap off.

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,497,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
The one attendee that did this only showed that he or she is an idiot and deserved to be removed from the convention space - exactly what happened.

To extend it to every single person within the group based upon the actions of this one person? That's a fallacy known as Composition.
OK, so just how many more of those "incidents" (lone gunmen, bad apples, etc.) does it take before it's obvious there might be a "larger problem" (more than one, three, four... how many exactly)?

1,610 posts, read 1,786,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Huh? I don't understand your post. No it's not odd, if you actually looked at his policies and what he believed in before voting for him. He believes that businesses should be punished for their success, so of course he wants to make it harder for small businesses to start up, which in turn affect minorities disproportionately.
So when businesses are punished, blacks get fired first? Help me out here... 14% vs 7 percent.....

Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,484,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why don't you wait for more information, like the names of these people so they can be checked to see if they were actually RNC delegates or some DNC activist.
Pray tell how a DNC activist would have gotten into the RNC in the first place? I'm seriously asking as I've always assumed that such tickets would be given out via party big wigs and pretty much be a party centric love fest.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:35 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,136,231 times
Quote:
So when businesses are punished, blacks get fired first? Help me out here... 14% vs 7 percent.....
No, when Obama's policies punish small businesses, that can't hire more people. Does that make sense?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,558,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Pray tell how a DNC activist would have gotten into the RNC in the first place? I'm seriously asking as I've always assumed that such tickets would be given out via party big wigs and pretty much be a party centric love fest.
Funny how in another thread..these very same folks have already determined that a Liberal defaced Mia Long's wiki page...but want to wait until it has been determined if the racists at the convention was indeed a republican. Go figure.

19,784 posts, read 15,163,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't the republican love just so wonderful?

Republican National Convention attendee given boot for racially taunting black CNN camerawoman - NY Daily News

[LEFT]"An attendee at the Republican National Convention was given the boot Tuesday for racially taunting a black CNN camerawoman, an incident the news network confirmed after it was reported on Twitter."
[/LEFT]

He was booted. End of story.

42,732 posts, read 29,992,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I don't agree with this premise at all. Every single Fortune 500 company in America has a fast track diversity program to promote blacks into positions of upper management. Everyone is at the same starting line; that line is called the United States Constitution. To play the victim in 2012 is pathetic.
Everyone isn't at the same starting line, though. You yourself acknowledge that racism and discrimination are alive and well in 2012. That racism and discrimination works to push some people back from the starting line, it works to push people off the track during the footrace.

I understand your argument, and I think that affirmative action often goes too far. I do some work for a company that recently got fined for not hiring enough minorities. The company showed that it didn't have any discriminatory practice in place, minorities simply hadn't applied to work there. They still got fined, because the demographics of the community showed higher percentages of minority populations than the demographics of this particular company. I think that's ridiculous. You can't hire people if they don't apply. And you shouldn't be punished for something you have no control over.

At the same time, I once worked for a company where the employer did discriminate. He wasn't overt about it. He let minorities apply, he interviewed minorities, he just didn't hire minorities. No one ever filed a lawsuit, the government never investigated. It was what it was.

The thing is, discrimination does exist, and not everyone does get to start at the same starting line.

The goal to get everyone at that same starting line is a good goal. The methods we use aren't perfect, and in some cases are glaringly flawed, and people should object. But the philosophy is not ever that any group of people are less talented in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections