Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,976,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, be reasonable and be fair; you have no idea what happened: I don't care if this happened at a Republican convertion or a D convenstion, it is uncalled for but your jumping to conclusions is what causes rumors to fly, ncl;ingrenided we;penahappendep;penawv
Nita,

are you having an afternoon cocktail?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,083,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latay View Post
Give the man a chance for Christ Sake
Who? President Obama? He has had a chance for more than 3 1/2 years and he has FAILED.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:11 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,491,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I think if there was a chance these two were Dems, or Dem plants, the RNC wouldn't have had to issue the statement deploring their behavior.

More troubling is, the lack (so far) of the whole story. Just who were these two? If they were reps from a state delegation, shouldn't that be said? We're they sent home, or just given a time-out?

But neither CNN or the RNC will ID the pair, or say anything at all about what went down. I can understand the RNC's reluctance: embarrassing incident, best keep the bad PR to a minimum.

But CNN??? They are supposed to be a NEWS organization. I know they bend over backwards to appear "impartial", but this is ridiculous.

I want the whole story. Even to be fair to the RNC, we need to know what happened. Mabe there are extenuating circumstances (somehow )

I'd like to see the victim herself tell us what happened.
CNN has been heavily competing with FOX lately, including experimenting with courting the conservative crowd a bit more. But not disclosing any info re: the incident is kinda craven on their part, especially for a news channel, although no doubt theyre simply trying to avoid annoying the very demographic they're trying to attract.

What I find interesting is how the two culprits would even have the idea this kinda behavior would fly at the RNC. Which strikes me as more of a "Southern delegate" sort of thang, and common within a culture where not everyone may behave that way.... but the ones who do are more apt to feel their bad behavior will be "tolerated".

Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,083,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Hmm, really? A quick google images search says you are wrong:
Besides the family of Romney, I see plenty of young people, Asian people, even women...oh and god forbid..."brown people" good try though. Sure there are plenty of white people, but lets try to be a little more honest instead of just feeding a stereotype that you so desperately want to be true.
The two ladies at the lower right(to the right of the speaker and below the Ron Paul sign) in the bottom picture, wow! If that won't make one join the GOP - nothing else will!!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,138 times
Obviously this is a lost cause, doesn't make sense debating with hardcore ignorant right wingers.....

Old 08-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,491,234 times
Dunno who the asian gal is, but if you're talking about Michele Bachmann, geez, you must not get out much, 'cuz most of L.A. has better lookin' women just waiting tables!

Besides, Bachmann's already married (BTW, fittingly to a fellow who kinda resembles Liberace...LOL)!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,400,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Dems are playing the race card because they can't talk about Obama's record - it is too depressing.
So... Reporting racist incidents equals... "playing the race card"

You seem a little confused!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,950,942 times
Hope Mia Love and Condoleeza Rice were wearing peanut deflecting outfits, those Neanderthal bigots of the Tea Party only have so much capacity and ability to hold their disgust for black people in, must've reached the time limit

Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,591,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Hope Mia Love and Condoleeza Rice were wearing peanut deflecting outfits, those Neanderthal bigots of the Tea Party only have so much capacity and ability to hold their disgust for black people in, must've reached the time limit
Hilarious!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:36 AM

13 posts, read 12,989 times
i am a bit amazed the guy was simply turfed out and not prosecuted. Some one needs to get some balls.
In the UK - inciting racial hatred = prison time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections