Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,913,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And, likewise, the rest of you nipping at his heels know nothing at all.
About his taxes, absolutely true. What's he hiding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 02:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,760,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
About his taxes, absolutely true. What's he hiding?
I generally believe that a person (who hasn't disappointed my trust in him) does not deserve persistent allegations that people cannot prove.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:33 PM

990 posts, read 942,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
OK, liberal ladies. Where are you on this one? Do you think that being a mom to 5 young children qualifies as not "real work"? Does one have to be a single, welfare mom of 5 children for it to be "real work"?
No, one has to actually work for a living.
She's never once had a job.
Not one.

Anyone in the world can be a mother, it's not a difficult job. Many do it poorly. Many do it well. But most actually have other responsibilities too. There are 1,000,000,000+ mothers in the world, it's not exactly an exclusive job that only a few special people can handle. It's also incredibly sexist to say that being a mother is the hardest job in the world when the father plays a major role in it too. My father did far more to bring me up right than my mother, he worked full-time to pay for everything and also provided me with a good role model to look up to and emulate.

Of course you ignore all my facts and points and focus on one thing out of context...it's just in line with your typical narrow-minded thinking on the "right".

Know who else had this illustrious job as a mother? Casey Anthony. The Octomom. That lady from the Jon & Kate show. The Kardashians. Lindsay Lohan's mom.

Stop acting like being a mother is some kind of special thing. It's not. It reminds me of the Chris Rock "you want credit for something you're supposed to do" comedy routine. So what if you're a good mother? You chose to make those babies and it's your freaking responsibility to raise them correctly, stop trying to get credit for it!

Old 08-30-2012, 04:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,258,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Not one.

Anyone in the world can be a mother, it's not a difficult job. Many do it poorly. Many do it well. But most actually have other responsibilities too. There are 1,000,000,000+ mothers in the world, it's not exactly an exclusive job that only a few special people can handle. It's also incredibly sexist to say that being a mother is the hardest job in the world when the father plays a major role in it too. My father did far more to bring me up right than my mother, he worked full-time to pay for everything and also provided me with a good role model to look up to and emulate.

Of course you ignore all my facts and points and focus on one thing out of context...it's just in line with your typical narrow-minded thinking on the "right".

Know who else had this illustrious job as a mother? Casey Anthony. The Octomom. That lady from the Jon & Kate show. The Kardashians. Lindsay Lohan's mom.

Stop acting like being a mother is some kind of special thing. It's not. It reminds me of the Chris Rock "you want credit for something you're supposed to do" comedy routine. So what if you're a good mother? You chose to make those babies and it's your freaking responsibility to raise them correctly, stop trying to get credit for it!
Ah, you had a crappy mother and your father had to take over raising you. Now I see where you're coming from.

Ann and Mitt Romney have, from all appearances, done quite a good job raising their family. Being a parent is a job that has no monetary remuneration, yes, but it still requires effort (i.e. "work"). Some people put forth a lot of effort and some put forth little to none. I'm sorry your mother failed in her duties to you but there is no need to belittle the efforts your father put forth in taking over her job. He had to "work" doubly hard to make up for her deficiencies and to also fulfill his obligations as a father to you.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,486,124 times
Quote:
Not one.

Anyone in the world can be a mother, it's not a difficult job.
I agree completely. It's a lot harder to get your ass into an Ivy League law school and go to work for a major law firm, and then have kids, like Michelle Obama did.

Correct, anyone with their plumbing in order can be a mom. Even my Australian Shepherd knew how to do that, and care for her young, without instructions from us. Obviously, I'm being facetious. However, the mom that has her work cut out for her is one who delivers a child affected by a learning disorder, a deformity, or a chronic condition. Cheery Ann Romney is NOT such a mom.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:29 PM

990 posts, read 942,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Ah, you had a crappy mother and your father had to take over raising you. Now I see where you're coming from.
No, I had a wonderful father who did a lot to raise me. As a man, my role model is naturally my own father, not my mother.

Quote:
Ann and Mitt Romney have, from all appearances, done quite a good job raising their family. Being a parent is a job that has no monetary remuneration, yes, but it still requires effort (i.e. "work"). Some people put forth a lot of effort and some put forth little to none. I'm sorry your mother failed in her duties to you but there is no need to belittle the efforts your father put forth in taking over her job. He had to "work" doubly hard to make up for her deficiencies and to also fulfill his obligations as a father to you.
You are really a condescending "person" aren't you?
I never said the Romneys weren't good parents (though the indoctrination into their cult is pretty evil in my mind), I just said that raising kids is NOT a job and can't compare to the far more difficult lifestyle of those of us who have to work for a living.
My father would never claim that being a father was his "job" or was "work", nor would my mother. It's called being a parent, and it's a reward, not a job or work. People who claim it as a job or work are clearly saying that they didn't enjoy it, right?

The woman in the cubicle next to mine works full-time and has to prepare for an exam for work too. She has to commute 45 minutes each way. She has to take her daughter to and from school. She has to put her to bed. She has to feed her, clothe her, and teach her how to live. She has to clean her house, cook her food and do everything else herself without a staff. She works 100x harder than Ann Romney. Having 10 hours a day of extra free time makes that "job" pretty freaking easy, especially when the cleaning, cooking and driving to school are taken care of by a staff.

I'm so sick of these doted-upon housewives claiming their lives are tough because they chose to have babies. I'm sorry your kids are such a burden on your charmed lifestyle, but you chose to have those kids. You take your kids to school at 8, have free time all day and then pick them up at 3...such a tough life! It would be like me saying that owning a dog is a job. After all, I care for my dog, I feed him, bathe him, entertain him, teach him tricks, etc.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:48 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,588,393 times
I guess no one remembers she was the wife of a governor. I would say that was a job. Governor's wives have duties just like president's wives. Unless you are saying Michelle Obama does not now have a job. Even Obama thinks Michelle should be paid for what she does each day.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,913,443 times
Quote:
The woman in the cubicle next to mine works full-time and has to prepare for an exam for work too. She has to commute 45 minutes each way. She has to take her daughter to and from school. She has to put her to bed. She has to feed her, clothe her, and teach her how to live. She has to clean her house, cook her food and do everything else herself without a staff. She works 100x harder than Ann Romney. Having 10 hours a day of extra free time makes that "job" pretty freaking easy, especially when the cleaning, cooking and driving to school are taken care of by a staff.
Very well said. I have been a stay at home mom and I've also had a life much like your coworker, and while it's not easy raising kids, you are spot on that the working mom works 100 times harder. It's like having two full time jobs. You're exhausted all the time, and worried that you're not doing right by your kids because you can't be there for them the minute they walk in the door after school, or you're too tired to help them with homework at night. There were many, many times when I wished I could quit my job and revert to being a stay at home mom, but I didn't have that luxury. I had to work to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table.

All of which are things Ms. Romney can't fathom.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:47 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
To be fair, Obama has refused to release and/or sealed papers that most people wouldn't hesitate to produce.

The Mystery of Barack Obama Continues | Obama Social Security Numbers

Same question can be asked of Obama: What does he have to hide?
That is a crock of compost! Obama released his birth certificate AND it was verified as valid by the HI DOH. Romney released his, and it was NOT verified. (I do accept it as official, however.) What cracked me up at the time, and I posted it here, was that some of the same criticisms that were made about Obama's birth certificate, e.g. it's called a "Certificate of Live Birth" not a birth cert; it was filed some days after his birth, it was a copy not the original, were also extant with Romney's BC!

Obama has sealed nothing. His school records are protected by the same laws that protect yours and Romney's. Some high school report card of Romney's has been "released"; don't know if Romney did it or it was hacked somehow, but he has never released his college transcripts, either. Nor has he released those pesky tax returns.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,963,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I agree completely. It's a lot harder to get your ass into an Ivy League law school and go to work for a major law firm, and then have kids, like Michelle Obama did.

Correct, anyone with their plumbing in order can be a mom. Even my Australian Shepherd knew how to do that, and care for her young, without instructions from us. Obviously, I'm being facetious. However, the mom that has her work cut out for her is one who delivers a child affected by a learning disorder, a deformity, or a chronic condition. Cheery Ann Romney is NOT such a mom.
so the liberals are not only trying to pit citizens against each other ---they are now dividing it into sub-categories.

moms with children "with problems" vs moms without.

(to go along with the other themes of rich vs poor, sophisticated city dwellers vs hick suburbs, southerners vs northerners, globalists vs everybody else, old vs young.)

i see.

is there not one liberal woman who will stand up for all mothers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections