Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 01:25 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Maybe you should have made better choices in your life instead of sitting around now whining about how someone has it better than you.
Yeah silly me not getting born to the right people! What was I thinking not coming out of a millionaire's uterus!

Why do you Reps always presume that one has to be a high school dropout on welfare with fifteen children by fifteen different men to find the Romneys and their ilk distasteful?

You really don't get it. It's not that the Romneys have so much money than nearly everyone. It's that Ann likes to pretend otherwise and Mitt thinks he should be entitled to pay a lower tax than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I know you're used to hearing liars, being on the left and all, but Romney and even the NYT says he paid taxes.

Do you really believe the things you write?
Then why doesn't he release his taxes like every other presidential candidate of the last forty years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Mormon clergy are unpaid. Mormon missionaries must pay their own way--travel expenses, food, living quarters, etc. None of them are paid for their services. An internet search reveals that the Mormon church has many charitable activities around the world, especially with disaster relief.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDS_Humanitarian_Services

Charlie Rangel managed to escape jail for his tax related shenanigans. Mitt Romney is not known to have cheated on his taxes--unlike many in Obama's administration. (Geitner, for one--I forget who else.)

You seem to think it is more blessed to pay taxes than to voluntarily help people in need.
Mormons push right wing nuttery like anti-abortion, homophobia and sexism. That's not charity. That's a political agenda. But I am amused to find that you right wingers think Charlie Rangel and Ted Kennedy are running for president.

Romney wants the tax code to allow him to pay less so that others can pay more. That's greed not charity. It's a shame so many Reps can't tell the difference.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 2,413 times
Default tax returns

Quote:
Mitt did release tax returns.....not sure for how many years but not the 10 that liberals are demanding. I say without a shadow of doubt that had those returns showed NO taxes paid, you libs would be all over it like stink on feces.

The Romneys have given generously to charities in their lifetime. Unlike Joe Biden who gives virtually NOTHING to charity.

Mr. Romney has few topics about which he can now speak. One by one, the substantive topics for debate are disappearing, deemed too problematic for the Romney campaign to address. Business acumen, experience as governor, US Olympics, Romney budget, women's issues, immigration reform, all toxic. Mr. Romney is reduced to dragging out the birther baggage to pad his stump speeches and give his base a few crumbs. And to call attention away from his flip-flopping on all important issues.

But what is the single issue on which Mr. Romney has never flip-flopped? He stands doggedly firm on never, under any circumstances, releasing his tax returns.

Why?

It is not just liberals who want to see Romney's tax returns.
It is 63% of American voters who do.

The longer Mr. Romney delays, the more suspicious it appears.

Obama released 8 years of tax returns
GW Bush 10 years
Clinton 12 years
GHW Bush 14 years
George Romney 12 years.

What is there to hide?
Release the tax returns, Mr. Romney.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,284,954 times
Quote:
Mormon clergy are unpaid. Mormon missionaries must pay their own way--travel expenses, food, living quarters, etc. None of them are paid for their services.
Yes, and we all know that going to France and living in a mansion while spreading "the word" is so much more noble than what all those other young men at that time did during the Viet Nam war.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,244,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Then why doesn't he release his taxes like every other presidential candidate of the last forty years?

Mormons push right wing nuttery like anti-abortion, homophobia and sexism. That's not charity. That's a political agenda. But I am amused to find that you right wingers think Charlie Rangel and Ted Kennedy are running for president.

Romney wants the tax code to allow him to pay less so that others can pay more. That's greed not charity. It's a shame so many Reps can't tell the difference.
First I've heard about Charlie Rangel running for president. Few politicians have clean hands and when they get caught, if they are a Democrat, their misdeeds are brushed off. Ted Kennedy did seek the nomination but never got it.

Liberals push their left wing, anything-goes, upside down social mores onto everyone and if that isn't a political agenda, I don't know what is.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:45 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,244,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, and we all know that going to France and living in a mansion while spreading "the word" is so much more noble than what all those other young men at that time did during the Viet Nam war.
Invalid comparison.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,284,954 times
Quote:
Invalid comparison.
Why?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:52 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,799,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's better than all you got, which is hatred for a woman you do not even know.
The only negative emotion I see is coming from you constantly using the word "hatred" or "hate". Generally people who are negative and unhappy use those words.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,787,146 times
Did you know that Romney gave up a $30 million dollar a year job to run a hedge fund company to run for President? Does anyone with a brain think Obama can rund a hedge fund company? I want the businessman who can run a hedge fund company so I will vote for Romney.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:56 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,787,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The only negative emotion I see is coming from you constantly using the word "hatred" or "hate". Generally people who are negative and unhappy use those words.
Do you seriously expect other posters to come to the conclusion that you are not at all hateful? Your party has desolved into a cesspool of hatred, bigotry, jealously and anger....gosh,,,,so angry all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections