Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,197,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
You keep going on about the horses. You have some serious horse envy.

Over and over again about having money equals no struggles in life. Such hate for somebody financially better off than you. It pores out in ever post you make. Sorry your life sucks so bad.

"rich ***** "

You should have made better choices and you could have been one too.
Anne CHOSE her rich parents?

She CHOSE her sugar daddy but not her parents.....no one can....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,441,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Look, rich folks think differently. It is beyond her comprehension, to really understand what poverty is...not unlike trying to explain colors to a blind person. They say they "understand", without really getting "it". This is commonly referred to as "verbalisms". Saying something without ever experiencing it, or really knowing how offensive it is.

She is a protected child who has never worked a day in her life or needed money. She has never been broke. Don't blame her. She just has no clue how stupid she sounds.
This is incredibly illustrative of how Ann Romney is pathetically lacking.

And, making a drastic choice to change to a non-mainstream religion, means she very badly wanted to be part of the Romney dynasty, knowing it would make her life easier. Obviously, at that time, she couldn't predict cancer nor MS. But she could predict a charmed life.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,197,722 times
Quote:
Oh my, She's been through a lot. Her struggles are validated. Ann sucks because she has money and I hate her politics.

I see how it is. One's struggles only amounts to such if your poor and make bad choices. If you're Rich, heck your struggles don't count.
No, if you're rich your "struggles' are all smoothed out with that green stuff that was handed you on a silver platter ....they are NOTHING like the struggles of all the people Mitt Romney laid off, they are nothing like the struggles of people losing their homes to foreclosure (to which RomnyFilthyPig said "Let 'em foreclose!"

Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM

672 posts, read 813,653 times
She called her a rich *****.

I said she could be one too.

Only a certain mindset would think that it would require rich parents or a sugar daddy.
I have more faith in people to obtain wealth by hard work and good choices.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 PM

464 posts, read 480,426 times
Quote:
Typical, people are to stupid and want us to regulate and make all their choices for them. It's not most people. It's the typical mindset of people like you.

I would rather be left alone and I know there is a lot of us too. Were just not as vocal because Well, we want to be left alone.
You want to be left alone? Cool, tell the GOP that women want to be left alone to their own decisions regarding their reproductive choices.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,887,806 times
Anyone that thinks Ann Romney is in touch with the reality of women in this country is living a delusional moment. She clearly has no clue. Doing family laundry is not the same as a job.... I have news for her, we all have to do our laundry and most have to work as well. She was fortunate she had health insurance or the money to pay for her care. Guess she can relate to the many that don't or understand it's them her husband wants to prevent from care.

She should pass out coat hangers for those that wouldn't be able to get an abortion after being raped... Yup she is so connected to women. Well maybe its those that are in the bridge club at the country club... but she's in touch with a couple of them.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,514,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Now YOU sound like you've been through a lot ... as an anonymous face on the street.

Ann Romney SUCKS. Period. And, again, it would be interesting to have a speech professional (pathologist, profiler) evaluate the authenticity of her intonation, sincerity and whatnot. It was non-existent. People should look right THROUGH that speech and really see what kind of First Lady we'd be getting. One whose phoniness is commensurate to that of her smarmy husband.
I winced when she used "talk to the hand" in her speech - good god, we all know it just rolled off her tongue. Such street cred she has now. Did the campaign overlords ask her to try to speak like the poors?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,564,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't know what the problem is with liberals that they feel that they have to "go after" anyone who achieves anything.

i don't know if it is envy, or an excuse to justify "wealth redistribution"--with the attitude of "they didn't earn it really, so they aren't entitled to it". (so let's take it away from them).

my question is if you didn't earn it, then why are you entitled to it?

i liked ann romney's speech, which was positive, and chris christie's speech, which was positive, and mia love's speech, which was positive.

yes, we can fix it and yes we can build it-and we can do it together as a country.
I think you hit it on the head. They want to take the wealth away from those who have it so they need to say----you didn't earn/build it. How evil is that kind of thinking?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,798,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP;25866212[QUOTE
]LOL, do you mean like calling a felon, or are we referring to the killer of a women? Do you mean calling people racist or insinuating that people who have a business are bad people. You can dish it out but can't deal with it when it comes back at you.
A bit of deflection? I asked you if you were of the opinion that women who were working and struggling to hold a family together are losers? Dish what out? I don't see where I stooped to your level. Nor did I go off the rails to avoid giving a response relative to a post, unlike you.

Quote:
Then quit acting like one. I'm sick of hearing about everyones victimhood as they try to steal from others.
A struggling working woman is a victim and they are stealing from others? How does that work? Does a woman holding down a job keeping her family together have her hand in your pocket? Who is claiming that they are victims? or are they, in your opinion, just losers who made bad choices and were too stupid to predict their future?

Quote:
Everyone struggles . But the way you are all acting like your the only one who has problems and acting like a bunch of jealous idiots.
LOL. Tell that to Ann because she was up front and center talking abour her "struggles". You know doing laundry, raising children, getting up at night when the kids were sick, things that every mother does and things that are considered normal and part of life. Did she talk about how she worried about having to cover medical bills? pay the rent? putting food on the table? clothing her children? not being able to take a vacation?

Everyone has problems - everyone. I bet you have other problems in addition to the obvious.

Jealous of what and who? Jealousy and envy are two emotions that don't register with me. I think you need to calm down and stop being so emotional. You must have missed quite a few posts here buddy, because the heart of the matter is about a woman who cannot connect to the working woman who is struggling. It takes more than saying you do laundry and raised a family to understand what the struggling working woman is going through. Clearly you can't grasp that.

Of course everyone would like to see their life go a bit smoother, I would imagine you would too. Who wouldn't want to have more money than they have? Even Ann doesn't consider herself "rich", so it's safe to assume that she would like more. Makes you wonder what she considers "rich" when you are worth $270 million - that we know about. Would a billion dollars make her "rich"? If Mitt had his way, he would find a way to make sure that she does have more - and you have less. People having less seems to be the goal for both Obama and Mitt. And when you get sucker punched don't complain how you are a "victim" of the person who punched you in the wallet.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,438,340 times
Default Ann's speech: All style; no substance

Typical of GOP, no substance.

Ann Romney's Speech Was All Style, No Substance - Peter Fenn (usnews.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections