Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,285,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Mitt did release tax returns.....not sure for how many years but not the 10 that liberals are demanding.
Oh, I guess if you count ONE YEAR, and the estimate of another, as having released his returns, then, yeah.....you're right.

Quote:
I say without a shadow of doubt that had those returns showed NO taxes paid, you libs would be all over it like stink on feces.
Yes......and rightfully so. DUH.

Which could be why he won't release any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM

272 posts, read 229,971 times
Quote:
You are the one who made the accusation. It's your responsibility to back it up.

Otherwise......FAIL.
I haven't seen anything about the $400,000 that was mentioned, but I did remember reading about an old interview Ann Romney did where she said they lived off stock options. This one:

Quote:
"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."
From a Boston Globe article published in 1994.

Fact-Checking Ann and Mitt Romney's Hardknock Early Years - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM

419 posts, read 467,092 times
Quote:
Mitt did release tax returns.....not sure for how many years but not the 10 that liberals are demanding. I say without a shadow of doubt that had those returns showed NO taxes paid, you libs would be all over it like stink on feces.
Mitt released 23 years of tax returns to McCain when McCain was considering him for vice president. Later McCain said Palin was a better candidate for VP. As for releasing tax returns for his run for president, he's released one - and claims that another one will be forthcoming.

As for what Mr. Romney paid or didn't pay in taxes, we'll never know. Frankly, if those returns had been released and showed NO taxes paid, as you note above, I would hope that it wouldn't only be "libs" who would be upset about it. Last I heard, regular republicans pay taxes with the libs. If you think it's fair that Romney has millions of dollars, is running for president and won't pay a penny to invest in his fair share of the American dream, that speaks more about you.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:36 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,799,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So then it's simple hatred. Got it!
That's it? That's all you got?? OK then. Move along.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM

14,512 posts, read 11,334,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
Mitt released 23 years of tax returns to McCain when McCain was considering him for vice president. Later McCain said Palin was a better candidate for VP. As for releasing tax returns for his run for president, he's released one - and claims that another one will be forthcoming.

As for what Mr. Romney paid or didn't pay in taxes, we'll never know. Frankly, if those returns had been released and showed NO taxes paid, as you note above, I would hope that it wouldn't only be "libs" who would be upset about it. Last I heard, regular republicans pay taxes with the libs. If you think it's fair that Romney has millions of dollars, is running for president and won't pay a penny to invest in his fair share of the American dream, that speaks more about you.
Why do you think that he paid NO taxes?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's it? That's all you got?? OK then. Move along.
It's better than all you got, which is hatred for a woman you do not even know.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
Frankly, if those returns had been released and showed NO taxes paid, as you note above, I would hope that it wouldn't only be "libs" who would be upset about it.
You would think this would be the case but I strongly suspect it wouldn't make one bit of difference to his supporters - at least the ones who regularly post on this forum.

I've seen way too many justifications and excuses for him, as well as flat out delusions, denials, and lies, to think it would change the way they see him.

Quote:
If you think it's fair that Romney has millions of dollars, is running for president and won't pay a penny to invest in his fair share of the American dream, that speaks more about you.
This. ^^^^^

Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why do you think that he paid NO taxes?
What makes you think that he did?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,981,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You probably ought to do some research about how they became wealthy before you spout off. They give more in charity (including Mitt's entire inheritance) in one week than you will earn in a lifetime.

Deal with it.

Trust me.......not a single Republican woman is jealous of Moochelle the Wookie! Not a single one wants to be one single bit like her.

Trust me.
A Wookie?? Not too prejudiced, are you? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What makes you think that he did?
Uh uh, I asked first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections