Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Very courageous, taking on that powerful 'no help to you and your family' lobby.

But detwahDJ was on mark. The video was a platitude not an outline of specific actions. Anyone can say, "I am going to lower unemployment." The obvious question is, "how are you going to do that?"

Looking at Romney's website where they list nothing but the same tired policies that Republicans always champion -- reduce taxes; reduce regulations and cut spending, as the prescription for economic success. Gee, where have I heard that before? It's exactly what Bush implemented.
* Reduced taxes - on the wealthy.
* Reduced regulations - allowing Wall Street to tank the economy.
* Cut spending - never done, for reasons below.
There is a paragraph here describing the Dual Santa Clause Theory which Romney undoubtedly embraces (and of which Americans are unaware), since it is designed to politically favor Republicans.
Jude Wanniski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It basically means curry voter favor when in office by spending (being Santa Clause), then force Democrats to be the grinch when out of office. We are seeing this today with the right wing attacks on "Obama's economy" after years of silence up to 2008.
Eastwood, a Libertarian, may be unclear on this - if at all aware.

And why do so many Americans embrace platitudes over substance? I would have to be extremely rude in explaining that. P.T. Barnum had it right.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-03-2012 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A pathetic segue Off Topic but it illustrates two things:

Republicans are followers NOT leaders.

Republicans are NOT interested in Personal Responsibility for one's own actions....they blame their mistakes on others....but they believe everyone else should be personally responsible

I thought you liberals loved those cuss words.

Now I get it.. you preferred Eastwood to say the word.. I get ya..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I like Clint, But it was way too bizarre and a bit creepy. he looked like a senile old man up there.
You got something against old people... guess what every one gets old, the only alternative is dead!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"President Barack Obama said he’s a “huge Clint Eastwood fan,” even in the aftermath of the actor’s “invisible Obama” monologue at the GOP convention on Thursday night.

Obama said in an interview with USA Today released Sunday that the Academy Award-winning Eastwood is “a great actor, and an even better director.” [...]“If you’re easily offended, you should probably choose another profession.”

Obama says he's big Eastwood fan - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

This man is such a class act. And BTW, his tweet in response was the most re-tweeted message of the GOP convention. Poor Mitt was upstaged by everybody on his big night.
Obama is no class act.. he gave the finger to Hillary and McCain, he played the race card on Clinton, Obama lies constantly, Obama says things like typical white person, Obama hides behind his attack dogs, Obama has a huge ego problem, Obama takes money from people like Bill Maher and surrounds himself with lowlifers like that. Obama loves the liberal world and he is no Christian. The real Obama is a dirty player and manipulates the masses .

Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is no class act.. he gave the finger to Hillary and McCain, he played the race card on Clinton, Obama lies constantly, Obama says things like typical white person, Obama hides behind his attack dogs, Obama has a huge ego problem, Obama takes money from people like Bill Maher and surrounds himself with lowlifers like that. Obama loves the liberal world and he is no Christian. The real Obama is a dirty player and manipulates the masses .
LOL

And all some posters can do is to repeat the talking points provided to them by the right wing bloggers and radio talking heads (or, in the case of Rush, talking blob).

Edited to add: And, personally, I have never seen anything to indicate the "big ego" so many of you seem to think President Obama has. In fact, just the opposite - I see someone who is somewhat humble and a little self-deprecating.

I strongly suspect that when someone refers to his "big ego," that is really code for "uppity."

Last edited by Cinebar; 09-03-2012 at 02:58 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

And all some posters can do is to repeat the talking points provided to them by the right wing bloggers and radio talking heads (or, in the case of Rush, talking blob).

Edited to add: And, personally, I have never seen anything to indicate the "big ego" so many of you seem to think President Obama has. In fact, just the opposite - I see someone who is somewhat humble and a little self-deprecating.

I strongly suspect that when anyone refers to his "big ego," that is really code for "uppity."

Oh good grief.

If I say Clinton has a big ego, no one is going to say he is UPPITY. Just love pulling out the race card, don't ya?

ANYONE IN POLITICS HAS A BIG EGO.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM

288 posts, read 212,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Researchers have noted that Democrats had larger anterior cingulate cortexes, which are associated with tolerance to uncertainty, while Republicans had larger right amygdalas, which are associated with sensitivity to fear.Source

May explain why Republicans seek a fatherly figure to support and coddle them, tell them everything will be OK, don't be afraid.
true, republican brains have also been associated to severe diffuse cortical atrophy....

Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh good grief.

If I say Clinton has a big ego, no one is going to say he is UPPITY. Just love pulling out the race card, don't ya?

ANYONE IN POLITICS HAS A BIG EGO.
That is because anyone with half a brain can see that Clinton has a big ego.

I just don't see that (at least to that degree) with President Obama and for people to keep repeating, over and over, that he has this huge ego, especially when it's said in the same paragraph with things like, "he is not a christian," then, yes, I think race and that whole "he's not one of us" crap is being played.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:23 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,873,325 times
Default More people watched Clint Eastwood

A thread was started in another Forum that mentioned the fact that the ratings for "Honey Boo Boo" took a pasting from the RNC convention and the Clint Eastwood appearance. For some reason that topic was closed. This forum is about politics so it should be appropriate here. Clint can be seen on You Tube talking to the empty chair.
Watch Clint Eastwood Speak at Republican National Convention - YouTube
Enjoy,
GL2

Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
That is because anyone with half a brain can see that Clinton has a big ego.

I just don't see that (at least to that degree) with President Obama and for people to keep repeating, over and over, that he has this huge ego, especially when it's said in the same paragraph with things like, "he is not a christian," then, yes, I think race and that whole "he's not one of us" crap is being played.

Well, then you are bringing your own hang ups to these discussions.

You know, folks can say exactly what they mean without having any intentions at all of insinuating anything else.

I do not follow your logic, anyway. What the hell does being a Christian or not have to do with race? You have just lost me.

Just for the record - I do not care what religion Obama is; I don't care where he was born; I don't care about his ethnicity; I think his education credentials are impressive; I think he does not have real world life experience as an employee (he has never practiced law or held a for-profit sector job). I don't think ANYONE who hasn't even finished ONE TERM as a Senator has enough political experience to run for President, much less serve as President (and felt the same way when my then-Senator, John Edwards, made a national bid on a Presidential ticket).

None of my opinions or my understanding about Obama as our President have anything to do with race, yet typically, when I say I didn't vote for Obama b/c I didn't think he was qualified as a leader . . . I have heard "you are racist."

I am pretty sick of people trying to shame others instead of debating facts/the record.

We are all entitled to our opinions but trying to discredit others by pulling out the race card is just plain LAME.

I wanted Hillary to run - she was my pick. I guess if she had been the candidate and anyone would have criticized her, folks would have said - "you are a woman hater."

So sick of these baiting tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections