Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:16 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,719,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
please, republicans believe racism ended back in 1964.
And you think it ended with Obama's election.....but we see it on full display at the 1012 DNC.

Quote:
I sent you a link showing tea party nutjobs trying to change the history of slavery, and you completely dismiss it.
I didn't dismiss it. In fact, I asked you some questions about it of which you wouldn't reply.

a) The Tea Party is NOT the Republican Party anymore than Code Pink and the Occupoopers are the Democratic Party.

b) The Tea Party is a loosely organized group with many factions. You couldn't show me where any Tea Partier or Republican tried to ask slavery to be taken out of a school book above the Mason-Dixon Line, could you?

c) I said that removing the mention of the Founding Father's possession of slaves has virtually nothing to do with the Abolitionist Movement of the 1860's.

Quote:
Stop it with this, "it just diminishes instances of real racism anymore", you would just completely ignore it or justify it.

Look in the mirror my friend.....you are defending racism in this thread about a present day racist button being handed-out at the 2012 DNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 04:23 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why don't you stop talking about MLK like you admire him when we all know that if he was still alive you would be calling him a race-baiting welfare case.
MLK would side with what I am saying here and not you. MLK has been disgraced by his own people .

Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,005,072 times
Again,I would suggest that the vendor was an independent business person. One who thought that given the demographics, that particular phrase might be a good seller. They were probably right. Do you dislike them for being successful? Or how this one from zazzle? Any less questionable? Maybe a little more?

Last edited by HarryWho?; 09-06-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,952 times
So...When Newt Gingrich says that black people "have no work ethic" and are "satisfied with food stamps, that's not racist.

And when Herman Cain says that black people are "brainwashed" and "on the democrat plantation", that's not racist.

And when Romney lies and says that Obama "removed the work from welfare to work" because "his base" likes welfare, that's fine.

But a satirical button based on a decades-old saying - that's racism.

Uh huh.

I just keep repeating myself. Far too many republicans simply don't understand what actual racism looks like. It's not satire that mocks stereotypes. It's not noticing a person's skin color, or noticing how many black people arein a n area, no matter how angry Michelle Malkin gets about #negrospotting. It's when you believe that certain people can be classed as superior or inferior, based on their supposed race. As in, it's what Romney alludes to, and what Cain and Gingrich stated directly. Learn the difference, and then you'll stop saying ridiculous things about black people, and then maybe you can get some black support.

(And yes, I know Cain is black)

Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why don't you stop talking about MLK like you admire him when we all know that if he was still alive you would be calling him a race-baiting welfare case.
Oh no you don't.... He lived in a completely different time, and conducted himself with dignity and promoted peace and love.... unlike the race-baiters of today who promote racial superiority, use scare tactics, create divides, in a time where we are supposed to be "colorblind" even though we have things like affirmative action and race-based entry to colleges.

Quote:
I don't think its a stereotype. I believe republicans would like to put us back into chains.
Who is "us" and how did you get brainwashed into thinking such an utterly ridiculous thing?

There are chains these days, all right -- it's called dependence on the government, it's not limited to any one race, and it's not the Republicans who are promoting these chains.

Last edited by sxrckr; 09-06-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,990 times
Quote:
I don't think its a stereotype. I believe republicans would like to put us back into chains.
"They gon' put y'all back in chains!!!"

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
As a black person I HAVE to say, that is pretty funny!!! LOL!

Those of you who have never heard the saying "once you go black you never go back" must be in a la-la land and those of you who do know of the saying must be fuming over the sexual overtones of the original message and don't want that message ignited in the minds of the populace, or you are just REALLY silly to think that is racist. LOL, no one said on the button "I'm black and I vote black cause I hate white people!" LOL at you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
"They gon' put y'all back in chains!!!"
This is funny too!! I crack up every time someone tells me that we're going to be put in chains by republicans. LOL. How in the hell would they round up all the black people to put us in chains without getting seriously hurt by us and a whole lot of white people and other Americans who wouldn't stand for something like that.

If anything, I would hope it happened cause I would win a lot of money in a lawsuit, I'd have my camera phone taking video of every freaking face in the crowd. LOL, you all are going crazy on CD today!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Quote:
I can't be racist, I have a white friend.
just curious...is she a blond?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Ah, leave it to the fine folks at CD to overreact.

Guess none of y'all have heard the sexual saying about 'once you go black'? It's just a play on that, but silly me to think y'all could understand that.

Never mind the many white people that will vote for Romney for thr sole purpose he's white and his opponent is not.

A lot of y'all live on one-way streets.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
just curious...is she a blond?
What is the point of this comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections