Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I agree, republicans have publicly pursued policies aimed at marginalizing some Americans. Perhaps republicans do have good ideas regarding our economy but whatever ideas they put forward, they are ultimately overshadowed by discriminatory and/or backwards social policies.

Had the GOP realized that we are no longer the same nation we were some fifty or sixty years ago, their chances would have been much better.
What are those good ideas regarding the economy??????

The only thing I have heard from them is the proven and failed trickle down theory. Now, not only did that lead to the almost complete meltdown of the economy under GW Bush it has been found to be false in study after study after study. The latest one shows very clearly that tax breaks for the wealthy DO NOT create jobs or stimulate the economy in any measurable amount. On the other hand however the study shows clearly that tax breaks for the middle classs does create jobs and stimulates the economy.
Facts don't mean anything at all to the GOP other than they are irritating little burrs that need to be ignored at all times.

You say that the GOP pursued policies aimed at marginalizing some Americans. Well, I say they attempt to do that to the extreme point that it could very well be their illegal immigrant plan. You see, once they replicate conditions in the USA that are the facts of life in Mexico all these people will go home.

Thankfully it appears that Americans are beginning to wake up and see these goons for who they actually are. I mean the two top dogs have said, "I'm not concerned with the Poor". Mitt is just such a nice guy EH? Then you have this truely evil Randian running as VP. Rand believed in social Darwinism or in other words, the survival of the fittest. That's even a few steps below Mexico. Somalia comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections