Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Does it matter? Obama is ahead and he just has to maintain the status quo to win. Romney is the one who needs to prove himself if the debates are going to matter at all, and Romney's own campaign seems to have cut him off at the knees by announcing that just about everything he's going to say is a memorized little quip vs. answering questions and thinking on his feet.
So if Obama comes out and says he'll cut the deficit in half, it wont matter to you that he's lying to your face, because he's ahead?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
It takes timing and competence to pull off one liners and zingers and they have to flow with the conversation or they just sound phony and contrived, now that we know Romney is working on cute little comeback lines they'll stick out like a sore thumb,watch Obama comment on the zingers to make mitt look even more inept than he already is."There ya go again Mitt"

Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if Obama comes out and says he'll cut the deficit in half, it wont matter to you that he's lying to your face, because he's ahead?

What I'm saying is that Obama is probably going to play it very safe in the debates and not make lots of broad sweeping statements like that, because it's to his advantage to so.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It takes timing and competence to pull off one liners and zingers and they have to flow with the conversation or they just sound phony and contrived, now that we know Romney is working on cute little comeback lines they'll stick out like a sore thumb,watch Obama comment on the zingers to make mitt look even more inept than he already is."There ya go again Mitt"
Yeah, I could just see that conversation going well for Obama

Obama: "I plan to cut the national deficit in 1/2 over the next 4 years"
Romney: "You mean like you did over the last 4 years?
Obama: "Its not fair to bring up the fact that I've failed at what I promised to do"..

Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that Obama is probably going to play it very safe in the debates and not make lots of broad sweeping statements like that, because it's to his advantage to so.
If the issues arent brought up, then the moderators arent doing their job..

Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
I think he's going to say what he's said so far--the recovery hasn't moved forward as fast as we'd hoped, but we are moving forward. You seem to be under the assumption that I'm a huge Obama fan. I'd give him a C on the economy--I just think that Romney would be a disaster. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and expanding the military doesn't sound like much of a deficit buster to me, unless they're going to balance the budget on MY back by increasing my tax load, and I'm already paying taxes out the nose. You don't seem to get it--most people don't blame Obama for the recession. It's only people like you in the tea party end who want to tar and feather him for not completely turning around a near disaster in 3 1/2 years.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Well I admit Mitt has his work cut out for him. He not only has to beat BarryO the incumbent but also the Media too. I for one hoped Romney would be more aggressive against o-bummer's wretched foreign policy and economic incompetency alas he's trying to be the better man. Which he is of course.

For the sake of our country and all the citizens within, that includes the Bummer's minions, we had all better hope Mitt Romney wins this thing. Far too much damage has been done and America is limping. She needs to be able to stand tall once again. Under BarryO it's not gonna happen.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I think he's going to say what he's said so far--the recovery hasn't moved forward as fast as we'd hoped, but we are moving forward. You seem to be under the assumption that I'm a huge Obama fan. I'd give him a C on the economy--I just think that Romney would be a disaster. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and expanding the military doesn't sound like much of a deficit buster to me, unless they're going to balance the budget on MY back by increasing my tax load, and I'm already paying taxes out the nose. You don't seem to get it--most people don't blame Obama for the recession. It's only people like you in the tea party end who want to tar and feather him for not completely turning around a near disaster in 3 1/2 years.
It doesnt matter to me if your an Obama fan or not. When you say stupid things like the economy is moving forward, I'm going to call it dumb.

The stimulus bill was $300B in food stamps stimulation, (while Obama claims he's not responsible for its increase), and a very small part of it actually involved spending. One thing though it ALL was removed from the economy, and one thing I learned in 3rd grade that if you subtract $800B, and then add $800B, its a net increase of ZERO into the economy...

And from your posting, you dont at all understand Romneys plan, and how could you considering he hasnt told anyone details. You are just relying upon the bs Obama fed you.

Economies go up and down ALL BY THEMSELF, its called a business cycle. Obama has done nothing to improve the increase, he's only slowed it down.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM

235 posts, read 276,322 times
Quote:
It doesnt matter to me if your an Obama fan or not. .....
And from your posting, you dont at all understand Romneys plan, and how could you considering he hasnt told anyone details. You are just relying upon the bs Obama fed you.
pghquest,
I have been trying to understand Romney's plan for a while.. but i am not sure i made any progress....
All said and done.. it is very simple at the end of the day.. If majority of the people sees and agrees with Romney's plan he will be the next president... if not.. u know what's gonna happen dont you?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Quick....Coke or Pepsi....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.