Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,266,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I'm taking part in the Dolly Madison eating game. Every time Mitt lets loose with a Zinger, I'm going to take a bite and remember when Republicans took presidential debates seriously.

Zing!
Reagan used them quite effectively.

Reagan-Mondale debate: the age issue - YouTube

Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,266,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Memorizing zingers?
Just about anything they will be saying is going to be scripted to some degree.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,167,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
But I'd have to question the intelligence of those that belong to a cult, er, religion that was made up by a con artist reading golden plates out of a hat, and having other nutty beliefs like all people of color are that way because they are sinners. That the only way black people can get into heaven is if they are slaves, and wear magic underwear, amongst other wacky views.
Good grief. What nonsense. I can't decide whether you're just clueless or a liar. Which is it?

With respect to "the intelligence of those that belong to [this] cult," you may find this interesting...

Among the LDS Church’s fifteen highest ranking leaders (the “First Presidency” and the “Quorum of the Twelve Apostles") are eight men with doctorate degrees from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, and Duke. Three are lawyers, one of them a former Supreme Court Justice and law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, Earl Warren, one a heart surgeon and the former president of the Society for Vascular Surgery and chairman of the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery for the American Heart Association, several who were professors at Stanford, Texas Tech and the University of Chicago, one of them being a university president. One was the former senior vice president and chief pilot of Lufthansa Airlines. One was on the staff of Adm. Hyman Rickover, developing military and private nuclear power reactors. One was the CEO of a California health care system, another the associate general counsel of what is now Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. Several fought in World War II, at least one as a jet pilot.

You can question their intelligence if you like. Based on your post, I'm questioning yours.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,855,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Good grief. What nonsense. I can't decide whether you're just clueless or a liar. Which is it?

With respect to "the intelligence of those that belong to [this] cult," you may find this interesting...

Among the LDS Church’s fifteen highest ranking leaders (the “First Presidency” and the “Quorum of the Twelve Apostles") are eight men with doctorate degrees from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, and Duke. Three are lawyers, one of them a former Supreme Court Justice and law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, Earl Warren, one a heart surgeon and the former president of the Society for Vascular Surgery and chairman of the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery for the American Heart Association, several who were professors at Stanford, Texas Tech and the University of Chicago, one of them being a university president. One was the former senior vice president and chief pilot of Lufthansa Airlines. One was on the staff of Adm. Hyman Rickover, developing military and private nuclear power reactors. One was the CEO of a California health care system, another the associate general counsel of what is now Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. Several fought in World War II, at least one as a jet pilot.

You can question their intelligence if you like. Based on your post, I'm questioning yours.
Hiter was incredibly intelligent as well. Just because someone is booksmart, doesn't mean they aren't idiots.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,596,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if Obama comes out and says he'll cut the deficit in half, it wont matter to you that he's lying to your face, because he's ahead?
Will Romney have a one liner for that?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,549,577 times
Quote:
Yeah, I could just see that conversation going well for Obama

Obama: "I plan to cut the national deficit in 1/2 over the next 4 years"
Romney: "You mean like you did over the last 4 years?
Obama: "Its not fair to bring up the fact that I've failed at what I promised to do"..
As Romneys main focus in his campaign has been bashing Obama and his handling of the slow economy i'd be amazed if Obama isnt fully prepared to respond to that issue,and after Mitt brings his only talking point to bear whats he going to talk about after that talking point has been taken care of as he is very vague on all other aspects of his potential presidential agenda,I also think Romneys thinking that almost half of America is a welfare state will be a target rich topic for Obama.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-03-2012 at 04:12 AM..

Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,389,985 times
Quote:
Not a bad strategy to appeal to Willard's base which is mainly uneducated fools that don't have the intelligence to understand, nor care about the issues, though drop a "Obama is a Muslim!" and the right wing sheep will roar into applause.

Romney's Working on His Zingers - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
Intelligent people do their homework. Apparently, you have not.

It appears you have no clue about Obama's background, but blindly follow the pack of supporters that believe his rhetoric, like what he said in his 2008 campaign, that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term! Instead, He has added over $5 T to our debt, and his budget proposes adding another $9.2 T over the next decade! He also told us if he didn't have the economy turned around by the end of his term, he did not deserve a second term. I think we should hold him to it.

He also told us he would end the War. Instead, we have a much bigger mess, as he has enabled the takeover of nearly the entire Middle East by terrorists, the Muslim Brotherhood, which he courted. Now why would he do that, unless it is due to his own Muslim upbringing. He sympathizes with the Brotherhood. Are you denying this?

Can you tell us where you find that Mitt Romney's (he goes by "Mitt," not "Willard", but I guess we could start using Obama's middle name ... Oh, I can hear the howls already!) base are mainly "uneducated?" Many whom I know personally are business owners, and college educated, some are attorneys, my doctor (and according to a recent survey, 55% of doctors oppose Obama), many writers ... hardly "uneducated."

You are an Obama fan. What is your education? You do not write like you are college educated. Just an observation.

Your linked source is not exactly a beacon of objectivity, but rather biased toward the left.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Michele Obama wont allow you to play such games.. You need to use carrots..
Good point!
I hear that they are now suggesting that families adopt the standards that they have set for school lunches at the family dinner table. Isn't that nice? They are going to tell us what we can and can't eat.

But, that was expected, because under ObamaCare the government is going to have an interest in what we eat, in order to keep the costs of ObamaCare down. They will be monitoring every activity very closely. Isn't that special?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 AM

684 posts, read 828,777 times
Quote:
Hiter was incredibly intelligent as well. Just because someone is booksmart, doesn't mean they aren't idiots.
Godwin's Law strikes again.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 AM

Default Obama is running on "Empty"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you ever think that obama is just going to come out with the same old story line from 2008?

It makes perfect sense...
Obama has been repeating much of the same old rhetoric from his previous campaign, none of which has yet to bear any fruit. In fact, it has been such a failure that he says he needs four more years to make it work!

I think he has had enough time. We cannot afford another four years of this clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections